View Poll Results: Are you excited about Hickman's bold, new direction for the X-Men books?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

147 79.89%
  • No.

30 16.30%
  • I don't like or know anything about comics.

7 3.80%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Claremont and Hickman are from two different eras.
    Next you're gonna say Jason Aaron is superior to Walt Simonson.
    That's different: one is a great writer that changed Thor forever dor the better and will continue to influence books and movies for decades, the other is Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That's different: one is a great writer that changed Thor forever dor the better and will continue to influence books and movies for decades, the other is Aaron.
    Aaron is great on Thor

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Aaron is great on Thor
    ...except when Wolverine and Loki shows up.
    "Cable was right!"

aaron is the best thor writer of the past like 30 years, but that's not much of a compliment considering the competition so um

aaron and simonson were the only ones to bring the book back up to lee/kirby quality for an extended and consistent period of time

there
    there's the pull quote for the omnibuses
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I dropped Aaron's Thor a long time ago, once it became clear he really had no interest in Thor himself, and the book steadily declined after the (awesome) Gorr arc.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    aaron is the best thor writer of the past like 30 years
    I think you misspelled J. Michael Straczynski. ;-D
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I think you misspelled J. Michael Straczynski. ;-D
    for confirming that asgardians fling their **** like monkeys, maybe he is
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Claremont and Hickman are from two different eras.
    Next you're gonna say Jason Aaron is superior to Walt Simonson.
    Exactly.

It's like compare Jack Kirby work drawing 2-3 complete comics per mouth in the 60s with a modern artist work using a computer and hardly drawing more then 1 issue per month.

Narrative changed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    for confirming that asgardians fling their **** like monkeys, maybe he is
    How do I make this my signature

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I also remember Tom Brevoort being the only one to come out and say: if you had 2 properties, and for one of them you get 100% of the revenue and for the other you only get a small percentage, which one would you focus your resources on? Which is how the real world works and how businesses think. Fans might not have appreciated the candor, but I challenge anyone to disagree with the logic.
    Eventually he said that. It was quite a ways into the debacle--possibly a couple of years?

And, when he did, the crowd reaction was actually: "He finally admits it! See? We weren't wrong." And it kinda made the wave crest--broke the tension. Because he, and his ilk, spent the time up to that point deflecting that specific criticism from fans--which I pointed out already in the post you're quoting. If he came out and said that way earlier, it would've been a very different landscape for the fans! But, on top of finding joy in trolling fans, the ilk generated a lot of click traffic because: What's better for generating website revenue than fans arguing about things in the comments section and/or forum threads?

Anyway, y'all, let's get back onto the topic of Jonathan Hickman's plans for the X-Men books, the books that will be following House of X and Powers of X, and things like that!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Odds are Uncanny would be the Flagship Book (probably with the Big Guns like Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Whatever Codename Jean’s using, Archangel, Iceman, Beast, etc)
    I hope not! That wouldn't be very new or bold at all!
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 05-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I am confused about the release dates. Each mini is 6 issues, which adds up to 12 issues in all. But Hickman says HOX and POX will only run through Sept. But really they shouldn't be finished until mid-Oct. So I wonder if we're gonna be getting some double-dose releases where the books get released 2 at a time near the end.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-17-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post

I hope not! That wouldn't be very new or bold at all!
    He managed to be new and bold in F4 using (mostly) the same cast.

If it goes anything like his Avengers, though, he'll use everyone mentioned and then some.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I am confused about the release dates. Each mini is 6 issues, which adds up to 12 issues in all. But Hickman says HOX and POX will only run through Sept. But really they shouldn't be finished until mid-Oct. So I wonder if we're gonna be getting some double-dose releases where the books get released 2 at a time near the end.
    It will probably end in October. He wasn't trying to give release dates, the comment was simply putting an emphasis on these being the only X-books once they start.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Paranoia and conspiracy should have no place in fandom, but unfortunately it has infected it like a virus. Except we can just throw it off. It was always an illusion.
    It's baked into the cake. Online fandom has always been like this. If anything, it's nowhere near as nasty as it used to be. These forums are tame and sedate compared to the Usenet forums back in the 90s. Those were unmoderated. Fan cliques, flame wars that would go on for months, and ad hominem ad infinitum. But, speech was free, and you could say whatever the hell you wanted. Comics pros posted more often, then, too.

I will now be in a big dilemma. I hardly ever post here because of this kind of thinking. Now one of the most intelligent writers in all of comics is about to start a major project and I want to celebrate that. The X-Men are my first love. Is this the place to do that? If we all keep focusing on how much we think the people in power hate the tings we love, we will never enjoy anything.
    It's called an Ignore List. Use it. Or, you can always just scroll past what you don't like. You can also contact Valnet and request to be made a Moderator. Then, you can enforce your preferences as you see fit.

On the other hand, if it's a bubble-wrapped safe space you're looking for where only sunshiny optimism, unicorns, and rainbows are allowed, no, this isn't the place.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He managed to be new and bold in F4 using (mostly) the same cast.

If it goes anything like his Avengers, though, he'll use everyone mentioned and then some.
    That's fair. I think the main thing (for me) is: Assuming there's a core cast to one flagship book, it would be nice to see other characters in that book--maybe spread the O5 and ANAD members out across many different books (where the cast doesn't overlap for story reasons, like the Avengers books).