View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite Batgirl?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Gordon

119 38.89%
  • Cassandra Cain

104 33.99%
  • Stephanie Brown

70 22.88%
  • Helena Bertinelli

5 1.63%
  • Bette Kane

8 2.61%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Reminds me of what happened to Tim Drake. Five years ago, the average comic fan would insist that Tim was "their" Robin. And now...
    A very good example I must say, which demonstrates how fickle the fanbase can be at times. Another example which springs to my mind is Eddie Brock as classic Venom but I digress.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Yeah, I don't think people remember that bit. If people like Cass for the costume, it wasn't even her costume to begin with.
    While the costume was cool, it isn't the main reason I for one prefer her as Batgirl. I love the idea of a strong, independent female character who can hang with even Bruce as an equal in a fight.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    While the costume was cool, it isn't the main reason I for one prefer her as Batgirl. I love the idea of a strong, independent female character who can hang with even Bruce as an equal in a fight.
    I agree with this. Plus, of each of the out-of-costume character designs of the women themselves, I found Cassandra to look more like an interesting character to read about as a main protagonist than Barbara or Stephanie. I didn't even know Helena was Batgirl, I just knew her as Huntress. Not familiar with Bette at all.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I agree with this. Plus, of each of the out-of-costume character designs of the women themselves, I found Cassandra to look more like an interesting character to read about as a main protagonist than Barbara or Stephanie. I didn't even know Helena was Batgirl, I just knew her as Huntress. Not familiar with Bette at all.
    Did you read No Man's Land? That's the only time Helena was a Bat, so it's easy to miss.

penetrator of things

Helena actually created Cassandra's Bat-gimp suit, and wore it for a bit early in No Man's Land. I don't think many fans of Cassandra realize that much.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Did you read No Man's Land? That's the only time Helena was a Bat, so it's easy to miss.
    I've only read Batman #566 of No Man's Land. I'd like to read No Man's Land story for the interaction between Renee Montoya and Two-Face that continues onto Gotham Central, a book I've been more interested in reading.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I love all of the Batgirls, but no one comes close to beating Barbara in my mind. Cassandra is definitely second, though.

I was a big fan of Batgirl Futures End, which featured Barbara as "Bête Noire" coaching Stephanie, Cassandra, and Tiffany Fox as the League of Batgirls. That idea was so badass and I actually wish it would become canon at some point.

The only Batgirl books I've read so far is Vol 1 of the New 52 Batgirl and Vol 1 of Steph Brown Batgirl. So I don't really feel as though I can vote. I plan to read a lot more though!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Personally speaking it's Barbara Gordon. But I do like Cassandra and Stephanie's Batgirl stories as well. As for Helena I only really enjoy her when she's the Huntress personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Cass'costume was ripped off from the Huntress' Batgirl costume. I think Batman took it off her and gave it to Cass
    Haha. Yeah I saw a picture of that panel online. I chuckled

Here's another thread with a poll that seems to have been idle for a while (a little over three years since the last post).

Not sure when anybody last voted, but poll results when I dug up this thread are:
    * Barbara Gordon = 62 votes
    * Cassandra Cain = 50 votes
    * Stephanie Brown = 32 votes
    * Helena Bertinelli = 4 votes
    * Bette (originally "Betty") Kane = 3 votes

Who's my favorite?
    ...Yes.

Well, in the slightly more than twelve hours since I bumped up this thread, the poll numbers now show:
    * Barbara Gordon = 62 votes (same)
    * Cassandra Cain = 51 votes (+ 1)
    * Stephanie Brown = 33 votes (+ 1)
    * Helena Bertinelli = 5 votes (+ 1)
    * Bette (originally "Betty") Kane = 3 votes (same)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I love all of the Batgirls, but no one comes close to beating Barbara in my mind. Cassandra is definitely second, though.

I was a big fan of Batgirl Futures End, which featured Barbara as "Bête Noire" coaching Stephanie, Cassandra, and Tiffany Fox as the League of Batgirls. That idea was so badass and I actually wish it would become canon at some point.
    Man, the League of Batgirls was my FAVORITE of ALL the Futures End stories. It WAS so totally badass. And I LOVED it that Barbara made herself a goddess without taking the Bane serum--that so totally rocked.

Buff Babs was pretty hot.