Page 113 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3155

Seeing it kinda blow up online that Warner Bros. brass think that the Synder Cut is dead end of sorts. Thought that the Snyder Cut being a one off was well established?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seeing it kinda blow up online that Warner Bros. brass think that the Synder Cut is dead end of sorts. Thought that the Snyder Cut being a one off was well established?
    I feel like he thinks we're idiots. If the film brings in subscribers and is received well, they'll find something to do a spinoff on or do a continuation of the story with JL2. Its too early to tell anything on reception however based on the news that WB is about to start cranking out DC content left and right, his statement is laughable.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

HBO max is losing subscribers right now over the WB/theater blowup. If that isn't fixed before Snyder League is released, other director cuts are dead.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    HBO max is losing subscribers right now over the WB/theater blowup. If that isn't fixed before Snyder League is released, other director cuts are dead.
    Snyder's Director's Cut is unique, it's more like a mini-series - standard director's cuts don't do what he's doing. How many subscribers are they losing? Are the DCEU director's cuts really alive? It's not like Suicide Squad is happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I feel like he thinks we're idiots. If the film brings in subscribers and is received well, they'll find something to do a spinoff on or do a continuation of the story with JL2. Its too early to tell anything on reception however based on the news that WB is about to start cranking out DC content left and right, his statement is laughable.
    We'll see. I mean, all this assumes that there is actual, sustainable demand for the Snyder Cut, much less for more of the Snyderverse after it was soundly rejected way back then, something that has yet to be proved.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Proof please? I can't see HBOmax losing subscribers because it is putting movies on it. What consumers goes "I am leaving HBOmax because they are giving me theatrical release at home". And based on social media reaction to Wonder Woman they are alot of people with HBOmax it is anecdotal but when I have seen good bit of people comment their thoughts on Wonder Woman. There is a large enough response to them meaning that people have HBOmax. Obviously I am not friends with everyone who owns HBOmax so my sample size small but I expect to see announce in couple days talking about how many people watch Wonder woman at home. Anyways to bring on topic Synder stuff won't be affected by this situation.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-28-2020 at 11:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    The most curious DC content I want to see is Green Lantern. finally, finally, a live action of this movies.

I doubt we will have any more Justice League movies, there are a lot of people who will subscribe to HBO max just to watch the Snyder cut and then unsubscribe after they have finished watching it.

Really? What subscriber is cancelling HBO max because they are streaming new movies? It seems like if anything, the opposite would be true... a lot of folks (myself included) subscribed just to see WW 84. What evidence do you have for your assertion?

Now, i could see some big-name directors deciding not to work with WB in the future... but of course most directors can't afford to pick and choose what studio they work with....

Ultimate Member

And they are gaining some because AT&T are offering HBO Max free if you take advantage of certain deals. Upgraded Internet is the current one but I know there will be more next year.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And they are gaining some because AT&T are offering HBO Max free if you take advantage of certain deals. Upgraded Internet is the current one but I know there will be more next year.
    Most people just don't know they get it for free, just about every cable provider has that in as long as you have the package that has HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yea I've seen peole on this thread talking as if Snyder is doing more DCEU after this. Even if this is a big hit with Critics and audiences. And that's a big if, nothing we have seen this from would suggest he's doing anything different then the last two films. He would still have 2 of his films progressively turn away more and more of the critics and fan base. Way too many for a huge blockbuster. Also as people have pointed out Netflix is giving me an entire Army of the dead universe over there. I dont see WBs who by reports had the Snyder cut forced on them by ATT, pulling out all the money to bring him back. I think Walter Hamada wants to move in a new direction. Wbs had zero faith in the film to begin with, I dount this will change that. But who knows maybe Snyder pulls off a miracle and brings back the huge chunk of the fan base he lost.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'll admit to being wrong on this. The article I was working from is outdated and Max has recovered and gained since it was written. Due diligence not achieved.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Most people just don't know they get it for free, just about every cable provider has that in as long as you have the package that has HBO.
    AT & T tells you that you get HBO Max free.

Now most companies will tell you what you get free and what you get free for x amount of time to avoid folks going off over the bill.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The most curious DC content I want to see is Green Lantern. finally, finally, a live action of this movies.

I doubt we will have any more Justice League movies, there are a lot of people who will subscribe to HBO max just to watch the Snyder cut and then unsubscribe after they have finished watching it.
    Its hard to say because we know that execs change their minds quickly. If JL is good (I think it will be better than Whedon's) and they think that a spinoff can be created and generate money, it'll be on the table.

I do agree that JL2 is less likely but again depending on the result and reception of the Snyder cut, its not off the table yet. Additionally, the cut could affect characters in future films. Example is WW. With WW84 having mixed reception, we may see a badass WW still wielding her sword and that could affect how WW3 is directed, if its received well.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 12-30-2020 at 02:35 PM.