Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Avengers are in hell and all dying.
    Good one, though at the risk of being too optimistic for my own good, maybe the 25th anniversary of Heroes Reborn is a chance for them to do it better this time and tone down the excess that undermined so much of the 90s comic output.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think this is the ultimate and continuation of this storyline.

RCO020_1594827716.jpg
    Knowing Donnie Cates, he could well be inspired by the original event.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I never read the original Heroes Reborn, so how good or bad was the original line of books?
    It kind of sucked. Marvel ran out of ideas and decided to let some hot shots (Liefeld, Jim Lee) at Image and Wildstorm reboot titles like FF and Avengers (literally restarting the stories and retelling old ones). They immediately had trouble with deadlines and changed creative teams and undid it about a year later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    It kind of sucked. Marvel ran out of ideas and decided to let some hot shots (Liefeld, Jim Lee) at Image and Wildstorm reboot titles like FF and Avengers (literally restarting the stories and retelling old ones). They immediately had trouble with deadlines and changed creative teams and undid it about a year later.
    You're half right. It was Liefeld that was the problem child so eventually Lee took over the entire operation; which gave us a Heroes Reborn/WildStorm Universe amalgamated crossover:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You're half right. It was Liefeld that was the problem child so eventually Lee took over the entire operation; which gave us a Heroes Reborn/WildStorm Universe amalgamated crossover:

Personally, I thought Marvel and WildStorm would have made a better pairing than DC and WildStorm, especially since Ultimate Marvel took some inspiration from the WildStorm Universe --- government agencies like S.H.I.E.L.D. and Stormwatch monitoring and regulating superhuman activity, superhumans as end products of government-backed human enhancement projects, superhumans being widely feared and distrusted by the public and especially the authorities, and most protagonists being some kind of anti-heroic in comparison to the more straightforwardly heroic figures of yesteryear.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Heroes Reborn is a punchline, but the reason it happened and the dirty little secret of 90s Marvel is that the HR books were no worse than the longtime books they were relaunched from (with the notable exception of Waid/Garney’s Captain America). ‘Twas a time where the Avengers and their satellite books were the forgotten children of the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Heroes Reborn is a punchline, but the reason it happened and the dirty little secret of 90s Marvel is that the HR books were no worse than the longtime books they were relaunched from (with the notable exception of Waid/Garney’s Captain America). ‘Twas a time where the Avengers and their satellite books were the forgotten children of the Marvel Universe.
    so heroes reborn is coming back because the avengers books are mostly bad currently, it all makes sense
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I never read the original Heroes Reborn, so how good or bad was the original line of books?
    Last time Heroes Reborn happened Liefeld was there.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Remember when Marvel teased us with the rehashed "Acts of Vengeance" logo, and it ended up being nothing but a handful of random Annuals that weren't even a blip on the radar?

Yeah, I'm expecting another fake out like that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

There is a lot of team changes lately and there are variants starting in April, it's a Fresh Start 2.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    They were only contracted to do it for a year. It was always going to be just a one time thing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I do think this was largely true. Marvel was all in with the X-titles while the others titles languished in their shadow.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And if that is the case, I wonder which old event name will be re-used for the Next Big Thing?
    Somebody was thinking the same way…

https://twitter.com/arthurstacy/stat...66883337232385

Note: It's a fake.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Al Ewing is bringing back the Olympian Gods in GotG??? I thought they already did that? Ok, I guess.
    You misread the solicit, which mentions that they've JUST dealt with the Olympian Gods. Which is probably why Hercules appears to no longer be on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    There is a lot of team changes lately and there are variants starting in April, it's a Fresh Start 2.
    Yeah, I bet this isn't Marvel's Future State, it's their answer to Infinite Frontier.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You're half right. It was Liefeld that was the problem child so eventually Lee took over the entire operation;
    Didn't Liefeld also have a similar problem with Hawk & Dove, i.e., not meeting deadlines, submitting incomplete and/or unacceptable work? Must be nice. Where do we apply for that Rob Liefeld No-Limit Mulligan Card? I always keep my word and my commitments, but hell, it might come in handy one day -- like when the Martians invade and I can't get my work done on time.