Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One of those concepts where the concept was interesting but the execution was always lacking.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I loved the Global Guardians when they were appearing in the Super Friends book.

I kind of always looked at them as the way Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, and El Dorado should've been handled.

I would love to see more of them, and perhaps as a nod to the old Super Friends mag, put some cameos in the JLA, and interact with the Wonder Twins as well.

Bushmaster's first appearance: Super Friends #8 (November 1977):

I wonder if maybe the Global Guardians would work best in their own separate continuity instead of a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wonder if maybe the Global Guardians would work best in their own separate continuity instead of a shared universe.
    I think the new mission statement fixes all overlap problems.

The Global Guardians
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

The Global Guardians
    I so want a Vixen and the Global Guardians ongoing! Makes me wonder who the other members now are?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I so want a Vixen and the Global Guardians ongoing! Makes me wonder who the other members now are?
    Would like that too. It would be cool to see more of them.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I truly hope we get more of Vixen and the Global Guardians by this team. Excellent story!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I truly hope we get more of Vixen and the Global Guardians by this team. Excellent story!
    Very seriously, WE also want to do an ongoing on this subject with these characters. The hard-copy version of Truth and Justice comes out next month.

PLEASE let folks know how much you liked it so DC has a reason to green light it.

And, please know, for me, this isn't about money. I don't make comics for a living. I make them for FUN and because I love them. I want to do this book for that reason.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Very seriously, WE also want to do an ongoing on this subject with these characters. The hard-copy version of Truth and Justice comes out next month.

PLEASE let folks know how much you liked it so DC has a reason to green light it.

And, please know, for me, this isn't about money. I don't make comics for a living. I make them for FUN and because I love them. I want to do this book for that reason.
    I already have the hard copy ordered! I'm not a digital buyer by any stretch of the definition. I think I might own...maybe a dozen digital copies, but it was worth it to buy both for this story!

I may have to pick this up.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I like the Global Guardians, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I've liked each of its members more in other projects (like Fire and Ice over in JLI) than I have actually part of the Global Guardians.

I've got it on order as well. Hope it does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC is overdue for something that is opposition/contrast to the Justice League. The only problem is DC insistence on making the Justice League the only competent group in a world where they are heroes every bit capable and powerful as them.

In a world where a Global Guardians are a competent thing, That can leave the Justice League to be just 7 elite characters who deal with problems on a slightly different scope than GG. Multiple teams can exist in a universe imo

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    DC is overdue for something that is opposition/contrast to the Justice League. The only problem is DC insistence on making the Justice League the only competent group in a world where they are heroes every bit capable and powerful as them.

In a world where a Global Guardians are a competent thing, That can leave the Justice League to be just 7 elite characters who deal with problems on a slightly different scope than GG. Multiple teams can exist in a universe imo
    I think a good compromise would be to limit the Justice League to being an American-based institution and start pushing Global Guardians to be the international institution in the vein of JL: Unlimited; above them should be the Green Lantern Corps, The Totality, Heroes of Heroes, off-world stuff. that way you can keep the justice league as an organization (because I like that take in it) but you reel in how singularly League focused DC feels.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-24-2021 at 12:29 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."