Page 64 of 145 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would Sun Spot count as an elemental?
    Hmmm i dont think so
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be interesting to find out that he got 'No More Mutant'sed and went through a painful growth spurt over the next months as his body caught up to the missing growth. Some months or years later, people start getting their powers back thanks to Hope & Wanda, and he doesn't just magically shrink back into a gremlin, but becomes a 5-6 ft. tall psychic illusionist with a some minor 'mutant' features (solid blue eyes, pointed ears, claws on his fingers and toes).

He's got a neat 'illusion' thing going on because it clearly extended to other senses than sight, enough to effect touch (since he had a long-term girlfriend who had no idea he didn't look like a hot dude, but had a mutant appearance). Riffing off of that, if he made his hand *appear* to turn into a giant bone spear and rammed it into your gut, *you'd feel it.* (Bargain basement Psylocke-style psychic knife. Sure, it's not 'real,' but as the saying goes, 'Not real? Fool, the illusion of pain, *is pain.*') Skip the other telepathy nonsense, he could just branch out into more illusion stuff, mostly limited to close range and self-affecting stuff, and saving more advanced ranged stuff for the Mastermind girls.

He's, like, seventy times more interesting than Quentin, IMO, and, bonus, has a built-in motivation to hate the twerp.
    Ha Yes! this would be an awesome backstory as to whats up with Him....and having him being an equal foil to QQ would give us the telepathic rivalry we got a taste of in the Emma Frost mini
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Monet can do psychic projection. Emma took the M-twins down and out with a powerful psychic attack and controlled them. They are not capable of throwing her around.

The M-twins we never saw do psychic attacks, mind control, etc. We've seen adult Monet control minds. Actually we've seen adult Monet use tk, which the M-twins never did.
    Not trying to derail the the thread but heres emma wondering how powerful "M" really is...

Here she is being forced outta "M"s mind

Im not really convinced M has Tk but heres the scene Synch is I think...snyching with the twins and using TK

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    IMHO, it absolutely was jejune and banal. In the way that watching Black people get killed first in a 1980s horror or action movie is banal. Marvel lost readers that day, and it wasn't because that was such an awesome bang-up good job that they did with that story. Quite the opposite. It's probably why so many here are still calling for Synch or someone like him to be returned to prominence. Disappointment and dissatisfaction tend to do that.
    Ha I literally stopped reading comics after I read that issue....It was also around the time a lotta books got cancelled I moved but its funny coincidence
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Im not really convinced M has Tk but heres the scene Synch is I think...snyching with the twins and using TK
    M most definitely has TK

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

"3 out of 5 members of this team are telepaths?"

Ahem, did someone say power rarity/redundancy would be an issue with Synch??? Doesn't seem to be that big of a problem here.

Couldn't resist pointing that out. Back to the normal conversation at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    M most definitely has TK

Yeah I've seen that but to me it looks like she's flying really fast the way she's flying us disrupting the cloud....buuut we can talk about that in her appreciation thread lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah I've seen that but to me it looks like she's flying really fast the way she's flying us disrupting the cloud....buuut we can talk about that in her appreciation thread lol
    If she were merely flying super fast, she'd have flown through the cloud, which is not what is happening here. Rachel specifically says that they (Psylocke, herself and M) have to TK move the viruses so that they can group them for Storm to attack. She doesnt give M a seperate command bc she was counted with the TK prompt. Earlier in the series she TK blasts a car which is a bit more undeniable

I always thought that was shockwave she created cause she was moving so fast? Doesn’t the earlier label mention her fluttering back and forth super quick or something?

What do yall think about Eden Fesi/ Manifold?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Second favorite Australian teleporter.

Way before DoX, I’d imagined him, Shola, Bedlam and Sunspot being led by Bishop in a Crew-like book.

Great design, Redundant powerset even though he is probably the most powerful one. So getting used in the X-men world is harder because Nightcrawler and Magik are around even Gateway Pixie,Blink, Lila Cheney are around as well. Plus like Magik he is kinda to good at his job. So unless they set clear weakness on him expect him to be not around or be knock out a lot in stories. They have used Gateway as Taxi in recent books, Honestly it would be better if it was Manifold at least ,he has the potential to be used in stories beyond being a taxi.

He has an interesting power set but I haven't read enough of him to really know how I feel about the character.

Ultimate Member

I'd want to see more of him using actual space manipulating shenanigans than just 'team bus' teleportaling people around. Make an enemy closer than he expected so that he's easier to hit. Distort space the other way between an attacking foe and his target so that his attacks all fall short, as if the civilian or teammate he's shooting at are miles away. Warp space so that up is down, and the enemies fall into the sky.

These days, *everyone* can open a portal and zap a team around the globe, and there are at least a half-dozen capable team teleporters on Krakoa (Pixie, Ilyanna, Exodus, definitely, maybe Ariel, Vanisher, Blink, Lila, Gateway, etc.) and Krakoa kind of does it automatically anyway, with it's seed portals, so his current use for his powerset is like 'Yeah, I'm a human cellphone!' 'Wait, everybody already has one of those?'

Let's see some of that 'universal shaper' thing going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd want to see more of him using actual space manipulating shenanigans than just 'team bus' teleportaling people around. Make an enemy closer than he expected so that he's easier to hit. Distort space the other way between an attacking foe and his target so that his attacks all fall short, as if the civilian or teammate he's shooting at are miles away. Warp space so that up is down, and the enemies fall into the sky.

These days, *everyone* can open a portal and zap a team around the globe, and there are at least a half-dozen capable team teleporters on Krakoa (Pixie, Ilyanna, Exodus, definitely, maybe Ariel, Vanisher, Blink, Lila, Gateway, etc.) and Krakoa kind of does it automatically anyway, with it's seed portals, so his current use for his powerset is like 'Yeah, I'm a human cellphone!' 'Wait, everybody already has one of those?'

Let's see some of that 'universal shaper' thing going on!
    Well that was depressing to read, I guess he would be a glorified Taxi service. I loved your description on how to better utilize his powers, I doubt he's going to get any shine in the Xbooks any time soon though.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Well that was depressing to read, I guess he would be a glorified Taxi service. I loved your description on how to better utilize his powers, I doubt he's going to get any shine in the Xbooks any time soon though.
    He'd be perfect for an interstellar SWORD strike team.

Given the proliferation of long distance teleporters, much less portal-based ones like Gateway, Blink, and Magik, I almost wish Krakoa didn't have portal flowers, and ALSO was a teleporting blindspot. Would increase importance of ocean liner and blackbird travel, and tele-portal combatants as Red Fleet extrication/liberation mission operatives.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-29-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Hmmm i dont think so

Ha Yes! this would be an awesome backstory as to whats up with Him....and having him being an equal foil to QQ would give us the telepathic rivalry we got a taste of in the Emma Frost mini

Not trying to derail the the thread but heres emma wondering how powerful "M" really is...

Here she is being forced outta "M"s mind

Ha I literally stopped reading comics after I read that issue....It was also around the time a lotta books got cancelled I moved but its funny coincidence
    M and the twins psionic powers were always ill defined. I think when most of gen x was introduced they all had general but not specific notions of how their powers worked.. M first appearance had it be known that she had some type of psionic power and when she helped them escape she displayed super strength. EV powers were all over the place before Gen X 1 gave him the aura.. And husk in her first teenage appearance in Xforce shape shifting powers were different.. she was husking into insects and stuff

I would say that M and the twins are psionic mutants who display varying talents and skills. Peter David fleshed out TK.. I would rather M have tactile TK if she has to have it at all.I also would love it if they actually gave the Claudette and Nicole some love so we can know what their powers are definitively..

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    M and the twins psionic powers were always ill defined. I think when most of gen x was introduced they all had general but not specific notions of how their powers worked.. M first appearance had it be known that she had some type of psionic power and when she helped them escape she displayed super strength. EV powers were all over the place before Gen X 1 gave him the aura.. And husk in her first teenage appearance in Xforce shape shifting powers were different.. she was husking into insects and stuff

I would say that M and the twins are psionic mutants who display varying talents and skills. Peter David fleshed out TK.. I would rather M have tactile TK if she has to have it at all.I also would love it if they actually gave the Claudette and Nicole some love so we can know what their powers are definitively..
    Bless your soul for trying to make sense out of that family's power set. Bless you.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.