Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I honestly don't understand how anyone is able to read this and not be distracted and or confused. For everything that works with this book, there are at least 5 things that happen that just doesn't make any sense. She's writing established characters with very distinct voices and MOs in ways I can't begin to understand. The biggest problem - outside of my personal beef with how Gambit is being portrayed - is Apocalypse... that ain't him. Doesn't sound like him, doesn't act like him. Not the Apocalypse grew up with or even the one for a few months ago. The pacing from panel to panel is so freaking weird. That last panel didn't match the dialogue in it at all. I'll leave it at that because folk on here are normally too sensitive pearl-clutchy about opinions.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think mutants are supposed to murder other mutants especially since one of the core laws is to make them. He's not just any mutant either; he's a Quiet Council member on the executive board. She should be punished
    I love how in-story your opinion is. So dope. She did straight-up assault a high-ranking diplomat of her country though lol.

And he's not @#@$%#% dead. Stop it. Shame on all of you that think Hickman would allow Apocalypse to die in a satellite book the likes of this.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I love how in-story your opinion is. So dope. She did straight-up assault a high-ranking diplomat of her country though lol.

And he's not @#@$%#% dead. Stop it. Shame on all of you that think Hickman would allow Apocalypse to die in a satellite book the likes of this.
    Let me have hope, damn you. (Or atleast enjoy it while it lasts...oh the bliss..the sweet relief...)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm able to read this book and follow it easily and without distractions and...enjoy it immensely.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

I honestly don't understand how anyone is able to read this and not be distracted and or confused. For everything that works with this book, there are at least 5 things that happen that just doesn't make any sense. She's writing established characters with very distinct voices and MOs in ways I can't begin to understand. The biggest problem - outside of my personal beef with how Gambit is being portrayed - is Apocalypse... that ain't him. Doesn't sound like him, doesn't act like him. Not the Apocalypse grew up with or even the one for a few months ago. The pacing from panel to panel is so freaking weird. That last panel didn't match the dialogue in it at all. I'll leave it at that because folk on here are normally too sensitive pearl-clutchy about opinions.
    Oh I'm totally with you. But I think part of not believing that this is Apocalypse is that I haven't had cause to truly 'believe' in the broader concept from HOX/POX. It doesn't seem like an organic development but, rather, just forced because that's what Hickman wanted. And, unfortunately, I'm the type of reader who needs a lot more convincing than "Because I say so."

In narrative though, I don't think Apocalypse has earned either the amount of trust nor reverie he seems to be receiving from characters; he hasn't truly proven himself other than stepping through the portal once and fending off a few enemies. Even then he's the one who abandoned them in the first place. Gambit is in the right here to question him--but it's...really fascinating, actually, how Tini both does and doesn't understand him...

Like, she understands he's clearly a crafty character: he put his own fail-safe's in place to protect Rogue, because that's the kind of thing that he does, but he's just not that hot-headed, nor easily slipped up. He's agile, he thinks on his feet quicker than anyone--he would have neither been put down so easily nor needed saving from Rictor under any other writer. Where's his bo-staff, his cards? How he uses his powers is all part of that.

BANNED

xavier died in xforce, sooooo, hes mega dead and served as compost for portal making
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-10-2020 at 08:54 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    For me, it’s less about correctness and more about how mundane Howard and To have managed to make Otherworld. I would be fine with them redefining it a bit, if it didn’t feel so generic and pedestrian.
    It's another thing that Alan Moore gave us that is being used poorly :/

At least we're not Doomsday clocking out.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

For whatever reason it's not a good comic. It's ridden with problems that some people obviously don't care for and others care for. The problems still exist after 5 issues. I feel that this comic works less the more other x-men comics you have read. If you where to have started at HoX/PoX one could buy that characters somehow trusted -A- over any other magic user in the world. Heck I think they would rather follow Pixie if given the choice. Or any other established non mutant magic user over -A- who's reason for trusting them is: "I have lived a long life and seen things". Witch I personally think he should use to insert himself in any story from now on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    For whatever reason it's not a good comic. It's ridden with problems that some people obviously don't care for and others care for. The problems still exist after 5 issues. I feel that this comic works less the more other x-men comics you have read. If you where to have started at HoX/PoX one could buy that characters somehow trusted -A- over any other magic user in the world. Heck I think they would rather follow Pixie if given the choice. Or any other established non mutant magic user over -A- who's reason for trusting them is: "I have lived a long life and seen things". Witch I personally think he should use to insert himself in any story from now on.
    Ok, but that's be fucking hilarious to see if it was just a plot about basketball or something.

It's a confusing book. I'm not even trying to understand the datapages

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, but that's be fucking hilarious to see if it was just a plot about basketball or something.
    Gambit in the kitchen making mojitos. Apocalypse surveys the scene, pauses, and - in a booming voice - tells Gambit to add lemonade to improve the taste. Gambit, exacerbated at the sheer thought at distorting such a classic, just stares at him. Apocalypse just laughs. "I have lived a long life and seen things".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Gambit in the kitchen making mojitos. Apocalypse surveys the scene, pauses, and - in a booming voice - tells Gambit to add lemonade to improve the taste. Gambit, exacerbated at the sheer thought at distorting such a classic, just stares at him. Apocalypse just laughs. "I have lived a long life and seen things".
    I can see the trauma on Gambit's face as he hold the glass.* Just like "...ya fuckin' what." (And we all know Apocalypse is wrong: if he'd try the things he'd know what real godhood is.)

Glass, sorry, not pan! Meds makin' me loopy again!
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 01-10-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    That's the first annual right there! Mutant Mojitos, this thing will practically write itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That's the first annual right there! Mutant Mojitos, this thing will practically write itself.
    Oh god; it'll turn into "Hangover: The Mutant Movie" won't it?! (I would read the **** out of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Oh god; it'll turn into "Hangover: The Mutant Movie" won't it?! (I would read the **** out of that.)
    I want a flashback scene to the worlds first mojito and one person wearing a red diamond on his/hers forehead.