Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Evidently someone at Diamond leaked the cover with the reveal on accident.
    Ok, that mitigates things slightly. It's still a colossal screw up, but at least it is actually a screw up, and not Boom intentionally shooting themselves in the foot.

And, hey, on the plus side, I was able to drop both titles off my pull list at my LCS guilt free now that I know I have no interest in them going forward, so that works out too.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok, that mitigates things slightly. It's still a colossal screw up, but at least it is actually a screw up, and not Boom intentionally shooting themselves in the foot.

And, hey, on the plus side, I was able to drop both titles off my pull list at my LCS guilt free now that I know I have no interest in them going forward, so that works out too.
    Because of the leak you dropped both titles? New Green isn't even in the Power Rangers title.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Because of the leak you dropped both titles? New Green isn't even in the Power Rangers title.
    No, I haven't been enjoying Boom's take for some time. And neither of the new #1's did anything for me. The only thing keeping me around was the slight hope that New Green would be worth the time.

Since he isn't, I can drop the books without regret. I'm not dropping them because of the reveal, rather it has shown me there is no cause to stick around.

What cover you are talking about? I can't find anywhere. I only found the solicits for February but don't see the spoiler. Could you link the cover for me?

Edit: Nevermind, i found it.
    Last edited by Drako; 11-24-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Have the Dino Charge team appeared in Boom yet? Lately I've become a fan of them, especially Kendall Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Have the Dino Charge team appeared in Boom yet? Lately I've become a fan of them, especially Kendall Morgan.
    Pretty much every ranger showed up briefly in the Shattered Grid event. Dino Charge has not gotten anything beyond a cameo so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's weird. Everyone else talked about Jetman's love triangle as though it was the best thing ever.
    Oh! Jetman... The Gatchaman of Sentai how weird a show you are. You are the best thing that ever comes from Toshiki Inoue and still one of the best sentai ever. I think it's not the love triangle that is interesting from Jetman, but because of Gai. Gai really carries the show from start to finish with his character development and story. Sure Gai involves in the triangle, but the biggest selling point of that is because the charisma of the actor sell the whole storyline despite how shitty it is.

To be honest Toshiki Inoue can't write love story to help himself. Prove? Ask Kamen Rider Faiz and Kamen Rider Kiva.

Astonishing Member

manwhohaseverything argues that character names are just IP farms in America. Considering how they chose to turn MMPR into a comic, it's hard to disagree with them.

Just picked up the first five issues for both Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers as well as the Power Rangers Unlimited Astronema one-shot, and honestly I am glad I did. Boom has done such a good job with power rangers comics that it genuinely stands a part as its own thing from the early tv show without disregarding it either. Personally though my favorite of the two is Power Rangers, I was always a fan of In Space and Lost Galaxy so to see the Omega Rangers go off into space and deal with aliens and other foes is pretty cool in my opinion.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

So the latest issue of Mighty Morphin came out, and it is really good. I love how each issue has been consistently getting better and better.

Just caught up on everything with the Eltarian War arc. Very interesting stuff with the retcon of Lord Zedds origin. I've liked a lot of the fleshing out of Zordon's backstory.

The new series Power Rangers Universe is one issue in. Taking place in the past introducing a new team that I assume become the Morphin Masters along with the Phantom Ranger.

Out of the two main ongoings I can't decide which is the better. I still really like the new Green Ranger so I might have to go with Mighty Morphin.

The "Morphin Masters" team is apparently the one that Power Rangers Megaforce referred to as the Squadron Rangers - their suits will be those of Gosei Sentai Dairanger, the team who are the true owners of the Thunderzords.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Greetings,

What's the minimum amount of reading I need to do (available in TPBs) before jumping into the current MM and PR books?

I've never read any PR books before.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Greetings,

What's the minimum amount of reading I need to do (available in TPBs) before jumping into the current MM and PR books?

I've never read any PR books before.

Thanks!
    Mighty Morphin vol 1-3 and Power Rangers vol 1-3 in trade will mostly get you caught for the current series.

I do recommend Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Rise of Drakkon and the Shattered Grid trades as well as they are just solid stories.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 07-14-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Go Go Power Rangers is essential too, as it explains who Matt, the new Green Ranger in Mighty Morphin, is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman