Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Simply put, he alienated a lot of People in the industry and continues to hang around with some of the worst critics I've ever seen.

It's a Shame really as I recently read New X-men and I really liked the work he did on that. Although knowing who he is now, does make him working on something like X-men extremely ironic. Especially working with Morrison.

My advice is, don't follow the guy. You'll just get sucked into the rabbit hole which is the shitty side of YouTube.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What his politics have to do with anything? He'd be same ******* if he was progressive liberal as well.
    While that might be true-I would venture to guess the antics would be different.

Because you would be attracting a different type of following.

And that other way would continue to get you work.

Because folks are going to overlook stuff.

Lets put in other terms-

Terrell Owens & Kaep can't SNIFF work in the NFL. Neither broke a law.
    How many players have we seen break the law still find work?

Chris Brown kept acting a fool after a certain incident. He went to jail. He's barely finding work.
    Paula Poundstone went to jail for messing with kids. She's back at work. As is Martha Stewart and Abby Miller.

What is the difference between them?
    How they reacted. One set didn't go scorch Earth or be so toxic no one wants to work with them. The others did not.

That crowd funding is fine but if he didn't scorch Earth and went to say Alterna or Dynamite or Scout or Image or started his own and that book of his started outselling Batman or do the numbers Tynion and Cates Indy books are doing-that would send a bigger message than insulting DC.

Especially if he got former DC employees that he actually worked with to help.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is he one of those wackos burning comics on Youtube?
    Not that I know of but one of his besties on Youtube frequently does so (the guy more often tears them up than burns them, but he does make a big production of it).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Saying he wants to see the end of DC may be an exaggeration, but his disdain for those still in charge are well documented. He does seem quite bitter at his treatment by DC, but I will not say his ire is unwarranted, as it's not really clear what happened—DC claims one thing, EVS claims another. In the end, his videos are entertaining, and his artwork is still some of the better in the business, if nothing else.

On another note, it's a shame CBR is somewhat adversarial towards the topic of some select creators, but such are things, it seems. Regardless of their opinions, the work they do should still at least be an allowed topic of discussion, same as with any other creator.
    Instant fan of Citizen Kane! Completely rational observation.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Is he one of those wackos burning comics on Youtube?
    Haven't seen him do it specifically, but he does destroy Star Wars action figures sometimes and is friends with that crowd.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Haven't seen him do it specifically, but he does destroy Star Wars action figures sometimes and is friends with that crowd.
    Yeah, he decapitated a Rey figure. Hasbro already had his money...
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Remember, any female lead is a "token" character.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Remember, any female lead is a "token" character.
    And any POC or any minority character really, at least according to EVS & co.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    He did that, seriously? I don't follow him so I missed it but that's both stupid and messed up.

Remember seeing do it with a Rose Tico figure (he seemed to have an especial hatred for that character). Think some of the figures he destroyed where sent to him by fans to be the subject of videos, but, yeah, there was a trace of irony seeing them buying and supporting comic series they hated just so they could make videos explaining that they wanted to see those end.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It's mind boggling to me that grown men get on camera and embarrass themselves like that, like what satisfaction do you get out of that?

Exactly! They don't care you what you did with it you already gave them your money, that's all they need.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Its literally just "The Rub-ins"
    I mean he parted with Dc and it was overall about his conservative leanings and internet activity, he and the other guy really took a baseball bat to the industry.
    They were/are super-against progressive politics in comics and straight up prophesied doom on the industry for the forced diversity + creators firing back at the customers
    who complained about it. I say rub ins because he took all those disaffected "fans" with him and had an ersatz battletoads book that raised a literal Million Dollars and a book 2 that made 800,000 or more
    like over night...
    I'm not being smarmy either, he's just doing the crow walk because his old peers are on the ropes and he's rolling in the doe.
    Its petty, but he prolly feels vindicated even if it was more Covid-19 and big business deals with At&T/Disney that hurt the industry rather than any particular push or direction but that side of
    comics certainly think it was inevitable and deserved. Ymmv
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

It's mind boggling to me that grown men get on camera and embarrass themselves like that, like what satisfaction do you get out of that?
    Some people literally do it for the clicks; they discover that people will tune into to hear them rant about something, so build their brand around it. In EVS's case, I think he just does it because he likes to; he did gloat on Twitter when professional comic book creators were put on hiatus thanks to COVID-19.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Some people literally do it for the clicks; they discover that people will tune into to hear them rant about something, so build their brand around it. In EVS's case, I think he just does it because he likes to; he did gloat on Twitter when professional comic book creators were put on hiatus thanks to COVID-19.
    I've literally watched one video in which a Youtuber turned "right-wing political analyst" freely admitted he monetizes his hatred and recommends others do so as well (which makes me wonder if it is an act to make money/get views).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've literally watched one video in which a Youtuber turned "right-wing political analyst" freely admitted he monetizes his hatred and recommends others do so as well (which makes me wonder if it is an act to make money/get views).
    So far as I know, EVS has not confirmed one way or the other if he's a "true believer" or just playing things up for the money. It can be really hard to tell, since some of them are really good at acting out as enraged fanboys. Frankly, I think life's too short to waste time on the extreme right-wing YouTubers who are in on the "angry fanboy"-style work, unless you find it interesting to examine.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)