Page 94 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2114
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And by that, rhaenylis means that the question was posed:

AIPT: Last week, we talked about that “Pretender” Wanda Maximoff. This week, X-Fan Gerro Gege had a question about her kids. Do Billy Kaplan and Tommy Shepard have a place on Krakoa? Also, Jordan, I’m not sure if that question’s asking about a physical place on Krakoa, like an apartment, or a place like, part of Krakoan society. So answer however you’d like!

Jordan: Honestly, I’m going to tell you the direct truth. This is hotly debated among Marvel editors. Some say yes. Some say no. I say yes, but there are those who say no. I think that it remains to be seen. I think an answer will come — a definitive answer will come, but for now, it certainly seems like they should to me. But there you are.

For me, as an X-head first and foremost, I am elated that members of the X house feel this way.
    The question wasn't about them being mutants directly, but I find his answer here to be very enlightening on this particular subject as well. The fact that it's a ''hotly debated issue'' and some editors don't agree that they should be on Krakoa probably extends to the mutant question as well. Actually, it might be THE reason why some editors don't want them in Krakoa. I guess this explains why X-Factor was so vague as to how Tommy even entered Krakoa.

Anyway, I would love to be a fly on the editors' walls and listen to these type of conversations. Like, what exactly are the their reasons for objecting Billy and Tommy going to Krakoa? Do they think the status quo for Wanda and Pietro extends to them too? Do they simply think the characters are better off in a separate franchise? Is this some MCU mandate or something? Either way, my guess is that it's on the hands of the editorial team of Guardians Of The Galaxy now, since that's Billy's ''home'' at the moment. And whatever happens to Billy probably will affect Tommy by association (poor guy can't even get a story of his own).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tommy's actually been to Krakoa, in X-Factor, right? I think Billy is less likely to want to - because of his powers, he's closer to Scarlet Witch, who the mutants despise because she caused a mass depowering.
    Yeah, but he was there very quickly as a visitor and with X-Factor coming to an end soon, I fear there won't be a book for them to continue to explore this. The question to Jordan seemed more like ''does he belong there?'', which is a deeper question that would require more thought. Tommy has been to Krakoa, but would he live there?

I think, to me, that would entirely depend on his mutant status, tbh. I support him being there if he is a mutant because it could actually give him the opportunity to get some new stories (although between him being in an X-title and Young Avengers, YA will always be the priority to me). But if he's not, then I definitely don't think Krakoa will be good for him, because I feel like he is probably only going to be there for David and David only, and I think Tommy deserves to be something more than just someone's arm candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Dang, according to the Trial of Magneto press release they put out, X-Factor is ending at #10 :/ hopefully, they'll add David to another book, X-affiliated or not.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...to-august-2021

This means that GOTG, SWORD, and America's book are the only upcoming books with substantial YA character involvement for now (at least, that I know of, plz correct me if I'm wrong!)
    Jordan D. White implied recently that X-Factor was going to become something else, so I think that maybe the cast of the book will be ''transfered'' to this Magneto mini? But yeah, it's a pity that the book got cut short so soon. It definitely had potential to run longer.

Also, unless X-Factor was specifically cancelled for low sales, I can't help but feel like Leah kinda doomed her own book by offering Polaris to the X-Men poll. She kept going on about how she didn't want Lorna to win and how that would affect her plans for the book... and now it seems like we're seeing the effects of this. But like.... why even put Lorna up to the vote if she knew it would derail her plans? Seems like a totally avoidable situation.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-10-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Jordan D. White implied recently that X-Factor was going to become something else, so I think that maybe the cast of the book will be ''transfered'' to this Magneto mini? But yeah, it's a pity that the book got cut short so soon. It definitely had potential to run longer.

Also, unless X-Factor was specifically cancelled for low sales, I can't help but feel like Leah kinda doomed her own book by offering Polaris to the X-Men poll. She kept going on about how she didn't want Lorna to win and how that would affect her plans for the book... and now it seems like we're seeing the effects of this. But like.... why even put Lorna up to the vote if she knew it would derail her plans? Seems like a totally avoidable situation.
    IMO, she and the editors probably thought that this election thing would be a small, isolated little poll that wouldn't make a big splash. Unfortunately, I think fans of the Gifted saw Polaris' involvement and started to hype the poll up and blindly vote for her, leading it to gain a lot more traction outside of the comic sphere. The picks that they had seemed like picks for people who are actually into comics and wanted to see some underrated characters get some shine. That being said, I think the whole not telling people that the character chosen would have to leave their book if they were in one was a mistake. Also, letting characters in books participate period already was a mistake as well.

All in all, if they don't get transferred to another book, and x-factor died because of Polaris, I'd be ticked off, ngl. Hopefully, there's something for them beyond playing support for Magneto's drama.

IMO, she and the editors probably thought that this election thing would be a small, isolated little poll that wouldn't make a big splash. Unfortunately, I think fans of the Gifted saw Polaris' involvement and started to hype the poll up and blindly vote for her, leading it to gain a lot more traction outside of the comic sphere. The picks that they had seemed like picks for people who are actually into comics and wanted to see some underrated characters get some shine. That being said, I think the whole not telling people that the character chosen would have to leave their book if they were in one was a mistake. Also, letting characters in books participate period already was a mistake as well.

All in all, if they don't get transferred to another book, and x-factor died because of Polaris, I'd be ticked off, ngl. Hopefully, there's something for them beyond playing support for Magneto's drama.
    Even if they didn't expect the poll to blow up... it's definitely weird to choose a character whose presence in an existing book was apparently so essential to that book. Even outside of The Gifted bubble, Polaris was still arguably the most popular character there. It's so naive if they thought there wasn't a real chance she could win. They really should've thought things through.

That is, of course, assuming that is THE main reason the book got cancelled. I guess it's possible it was combination of different factors. Like I said, sales could've definitely played a part in the decision, specially with how bloated the X-line is right now. When you have these many books being published simultaneously, it becomes harder to sustain them all, and the weaker ones (commercially wise) eventually need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So I've seen a lot of people on Twitter guessing David as Mags murder victim due to the mystery of his first death, & people said the YA would be pissed, & I gotta be real other than Tommy, America, & Teddy I don't see the rest being that upset Billy & Kate would probably give David the Jonas treatment & just comfort Tommy.
    David being the victim would be.... well, I guess it could be an interesting story, but it would feel so anti-climatic when we know he can just be resurrected the next day. So would we really need a whole new book about this? They just could've made it another arc on the X-Factor book. The way they are advertising this as a shocking death, it makes me feel like it needs to be someone whose death would have the potential to actually last longer.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-10-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    X-Factor is canceled after ten excellent issues while Excalibur continues to ruin great characters
    It hurts
    For me the one that hurts more is X-Force still going. Legit could not tell you what has happened in the last like 10 issues of that series and I read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Even if they didn't expect the poll to blow up... it's definitely weird to choose a character whose presence in an existing book was apparently so essential to that book. Even outside of The Gifted bubble, Polaris was still arguably the most popular character there. It's so naive if they thought there wasn't a real chance she could win. They really should've thought things through.

That is, of course, assuming that is THE main reason the book got cancelled. I guess it's possible it was combination of different factors. Like I said, sales could've definitely played a part in the decision, specially with how bloated the X-line is right now. When you have these many books being published simultaneously, it becomes harder to sustain them all, and the weaker ones (commercially wise) eventually need to go.
    COVID could have contributed too, as X-Factor will have suffered from having it's launch delayed from April 22 to July 29.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

COVID could have contributed too, as X-Factor will have suffered from having it's launch delayed from April 22 to July 29.
    COVID and just other weird delays. Like, X-Factor had a huge delay between #4 and #5 because of X of Swords, and then skipped another month later on.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    X-Factor is canceled after ten excellent issues while Excalibur continues to ruin great characters
    It hurts
    I.....did not know this, excuse while I go find a dark corner to cry in.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

GOTG thoughts:

spoilers:
    pleaseeeee this issue was so funny, oh my god fhjffjjf. What a way to get Doom to listen, trap him in Rocket's body. I know it'll probably be solved once the Hellfire Gala starts up, but if it doesn't, oh my god, Rocket has to pretend to be Doom lmaoooo!!

As much as I loathe Billy nerfing, at least Al made it make sense with Excelsior. And dang, Ego getting turned into an incubation machine for the BIG big bad of space. Also, was it just me, or were there WAYYYY to many mentions of reality spacetime magic for it to be a coincidence?? Wanna bet Doom screwing with Billy's powers was a 4d chess move and once he gets them back, he'll get an upgrade to fight whatever is coming?? Also, Noh has his own band things, when is Teddy getting some!!
    end of spoilers

All in all, loved it!

GOTG thoughts:

spoilers:
    pleaseeeee this issue was so funny, oh my god fhjffjjf. What a way to get Doom to listen, trap him in Rocket's body. I know it'll probably be solved once the Hellfire Gala starts up, but if it doesn't, oh my god, Rocket has to pretend to be Doom lmaoooo!!

As much as I loathe Billy nerfing, at least Al made it make sense with Excelsior. And dang, Ego getting turned into an incubation machine for the BIG big bad of space. Also, was it just me, or were there WAYYYY to many mentions of reality spacetime magic for it to be a coincidence?? Wanna bet Doom screwing with Billy's powers was a 4d chess move and once he gets them back, he'll get an upgrade to fight whatever is coming?? Also, Noh has his own band things, when is Teddy getting some!!
    end of spoilers

All in all, loved it!
    spoilers:
    I really hope Billy doesn't stay depowered for long. I can't believe Doom's nasty ass took away his powers AGAIN!! Anyway, Doom saying that all reality warpers have a touch of magic was an interesting line. I wonder what Ewing meant by that, and if that somehow includes other non-magic based reality warpers like Franklin Richards too.

I really wanted Teddy to inherit the Negabands one day as a way to honor Mar-Vell's legacy somehow, but now that they essentially gave a Nega-equivalent to Noh-Var, that unfortunately is unlikely to happen. At least in this book.
    end of spoilers

YA are Icons but we been knew that! Billy & Teddy paved the way we love to see it gay royalty can't nobody **** with them! ThinkFast, America, Noh, Loki they all the ****! I really hope David & Tommy get some shine in this issue since X-Factor is ending I really wanna see more of them!

Thought I'd update here as well, but Loki was added back onto the frame variant!!

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976

Thought I'd update here as well, but Loki was added back onto the frame variant!!

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976
    The fact that he was missing originally was hella weird.

Saw this on Reddit.

It was drawn in 2011, hence why it only has the original team on it and no America.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nate's back!!!!!!! Well, sorta since this is apparently a Kang origin story, but he's back! Looks like everyone but Jonas has come back in some capacity recently haha

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Saw this on Reddit.

It was drawn in 2011, hence why it only has the original team on it and no America.
    This is adorable .
    Nate's back!!!!!!! Well, sorta since this is apparently a Kang origin story, but he's back! Looks like everyone but Jonas has come back in some capacity recently haha

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    Getting that movie appearance boost. Even Ravonna's in it.