Page 51 of 179 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

I. <clap> CAN'T. <clap> HANG. <clap> WITH THIS PREVIEW <CLAP CLAP CLAP>

Hot, slick, caper, acrobatics. Talkin' about people and change and essentially the complexity of the human experience vs. the nonsense cliche misconceptions we're fed and feed into. The colors are gorgous. Dat ass is DAT ASS.

I love this series so hard.

Incredible Member

Posting this link for the preview in a non-gallery format. http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...r-and-mrs-x-9/

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Posting this link for the preview in a non-gallery format. http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...r-and-mrs-x-9/
    The first thing that came to my mind when I saw that "knock-off movie treasure chest" was the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Finally the preview. It's felt like a thousand years since the last issue.

Such a cool start to the issue. It's always good to see Gambit in action, and even better when the writer remembers that he's meant to be competent.

He's thieving brilliantly, and he's thieving with style. Love everything about this.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

If they don't show Gambit carrying around the baby in a baby bjorn then I'm boycotting the book.

Also, I loved how he produced that hood from seemingly nowhere haha
    Make Good Art

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Being married to Rogue is already affecting his style

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    If they don't show Gambit carrying around the baby in a baby bjorn then I'm boycotting the book.

Yes!!!!! I’ll admit I was always more of an ergobaby gal myself but now I need this image in my life! It better happen in the book or else I’m going to have to commission it now.

Yes!!!!! I’ll admit I was always more of an ergobaby gal myself but now I need this image in my life! It better happen in the book or else I’m going to have to commission it now.
    It's too bad he didn't know he would be doing this before they were brought to Mojoworld because I bet Jubilee would have had a spare one for him to borrow haha
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member

3A7E92D0-1CFB-4EAC-8AE6-2CA965825596.jpg

I just posted this to tumblr but why not share my terrible photoshop job here too? I’m actually at work and should be productive so just pretend you see Gambit’s clothes.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I just posted this to tumblr but why not share my terrible photoshop job here too? I’m actually at work and should be productive so just pretend you see Gambit’s clothes.
    Ha!! That is hysterical Couplest!

Jut saw someone loaded the panel of the voice actors from XtAS including who voiced Gambit & Rogue. Also at work, but stuck in meetings keeping me unable to listen (bah), but please enjoy whoever can: https://geektyrant.com/news/the-voic...s-a-lot-of-fun

Oh wow! This just made my day
    Make Good Art

LMAO

Gambit - "I'm gonna need to see this in a nice magenta ... or possibly black, for stealth mode."

This type of content is why I love this thread so much. 10/10 work.

So it's official. Jonathan Hickman will have 2 new main X-books come July, House of X and Powers of X which are interconnected somehow. I scoured over the promo art and Gambit and Rogue are nowhere to be found. So I kind of doubt they'll be major characters, if appearing there at all?

So what does that mean, do you think? Does it mean MMX will continue? Will they be in limbo? This seems unlikely given they are top 10 favorite characters.

Will Uncanny continue? It seems really odd to end a book that was JUST relaunched in January. Would our duo join Uncanny? But they've been on that one before, so maybe not. I wonder when we'll hear about whatever team book they will join? Ah ... angst.

What about all the characters not appearing in this new book? And all these great new X-writers?! I hope they have projects planned for them.

Edit: Correction, Gambit might somehow be part of a weird merged character with Nightcrawler and ... maybe Namor? Yikes ... I dunno.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 03-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So it's official. Jonathan Hickman will have 2 new main X-books come July, House of X and Powers of X which are interconnected somehow. I scoured over the promo art and Gambit and Rogue are nowhere to be found. So I kind of doubt they'll be major characters, if appearing there at all?

So what does that mean, do you think? Does it mean MMX will continue? Will they be in limbo? This seems unlikely given they are top 10 favorite characters.

Will Uncanny continue? It seems really odd to end a book that was JUST relaunched in January. Would our duo join Uncanny? But they've been on that one before, so maybe not. I wonder when we'll hear about whatever team book they will join? Ah ... angst.

What about all the characters not appearing in this new book? And all these great new X-writers?! I hope they have projects planned for them.

Edit: Correction, Gambit might somehow be part of a weird merged character with Nightcrawler and ... maybe Namor? Yikes ... I dunno.
    Remember, Rogue got shipped off to an Avengers book for 6 years. Maybe it will happen again. (Fallout of her appearance in Captain Marvel? Who knows? )