Page 221 of 222 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3327
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It really boggles my mind how the GM listened to Marrone to go balls out that final game. They had nothing to play for. They could have seen if EJ Manuel was worth a fuck to redeem next year. But as we saw , Marrone had no intention of coming back next season. But hey , Bills fans got that winning season.
    That games is the embodiment of what the bills have been.
    They manage to lose the major games to miss the playoffs whether it's early, past halfway through, or late meaning the final month.
    But they play great winning the no pressure games. They lose games they need to win when they can make the playoffs, but harrowing they have no problem looking great and winning games when they've been eliminated from making the playoffs.

I'm glad Kyle orton retired he was a freakin mediocre qb at best a decent back up, and I imagine he realized that he's not a decent nfl starting qb so get out without any serious injuries or concussion problems.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    That games is the embodiment of what the bills have been.
    They manage to lose the major games to miss the playoffs whether it's early, past halfway through, or late meaning the final month.
    But they play great winning the no pressure games. They lose games they need to win when they can make the playoffs, but harrowing they have no problem looking great and winning games when they've been eliminated from making the playoffs.

I'm glad Kyle orton retired he was a freakin mediocre qb at best a decent back up, and I imagine he realized that he's not a decent nfl starting qb so get out without any serious injuries or concussion problems.
    I think Orton did as well as any QB that could have played for the Bills honestly. He's not a superstar QB. If he was on the market and the Jets or Browns needed a QB , I'd say grab him. He can play decent with people around him. He won't throw 5 Ints (just once in his rookie season) and destroy you. But with a decent running game , he can do ok.

Orton was gonna retire this season , yet returned and then told players on the team he was gonna retire after 10 seasons. That after 10 years he was done. Why the Bills acted surprised at this is pretty funny.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think Orton did as well as any QB that could have played for the Bills honestly. He's not a superstar QB. If he was on the market and the Jets or Browns needed a QB , I'd say grab him. He can play decent with people around him. He won't throw 5 Ints (just once in his rookie season) and destroy you. But with a decent running game , he can do ok.

Orton was gonna retire this season , yet returned and then told players on the team he was gonna retire after 10 seasons. That after 10 years he was done. Why the Bills acted surprised at this is pretty funny.
    He did decent but still had his stinkers the patriots game one, at dolphins, at raiders which kept the bills out of the playoffs.

When you see nfl players retire early before they get to 35 it's still shocking even if they announce they'll be retire before their final season.
    Maybe the bills thought he was their answer to the qb problem

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    He did decent but still had his stinkers the patriots game one, at dolphins, at raiders which kept the bills out of the playoffs.

When you see nfl players retire early before they get to 35 it's still shocking even if they announce they'll be retire before their final season.
    Maybe the bills thought he was their answer to the qb problem
    If they thought that they need a whole new front office.

Rex should make things interesting the next few years. If he ever gets a decent or solid QB to go along with that defense...

McCown is a FA now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon thinks it's a trick:

Thats why I think it should stop being shown unless it's something different. The hooters one was kickass in that it wasn't predictable and didn't follow the herd.
    I'm not sure you understand. It's an officially paid ad. It isn't now, nor was it ever, some spontaneous expression. It's arranged beforehand.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is supporting his embattled, dumber than a box of hammers quarterback Johnny Manziel. Let's see how long that lasts if rehab doesn't take for the kid and he continues being a party animal moron off the field.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    McCown is a FA now.
    Sounds like they're gonna draft Winston, you would think McCown would serve as a good mentor for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Sounds like they're gonna draft Winston, you would think McCown would serve as a good mentor for him.
    Meh! And what was Winston supposed to have learned from a journeyman who's never had any success in the league? What's more, would McCown have offered to mentor the kid if he hadn't been cut? Would he have pulled a Brett Favre and told Winston he's on his own? Guess we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meh! And what was Winston supposed to have learned from a journeyman who's never had any success in the league? What's more, would McCown have offered to mentor the kid if he hadn't been cut? Would he have pulled a Brett Favre and told Winston he's on his own? Guess we'll never know.
    He needs someone, a peer imo especially with all his off the field issues in college. McCown had some success and knows the ropes at least. It wouldn't have hurt. Bottom line is the team is screwed from the top down, bringin in a headcase seems like the worst possible decision, but maybe it will put asses in the seats.

If the Bucs are smart, they take Mariota and let Winston get fought over/implode. They would put a large PNW connection on the team, too (Idaho State, Washington x3, Western Washington, & Boise State).
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-12-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If the Bucs are smart, they take Mariota and let Winston get fought over/implode. They would put a large PNW connection on the team, too (Idaho State, Washington x3, Western Washington, & Boise State).
    I don't know that either Winston or Mariota are a good fit for the Bucs, but if I had to pick I guess Winston has the most upside. Plus, he'd be going back to Fla.

BANNED

You have to commit to Mariota. Chip Kelly is the only guy that could utilize him from day one. Everyone else needs to build a system for him. Winston could start on day one, but he has a bad habit of putting his team in holes and needing to dig them out of it. That will kill you in the NFL. I really don't think this is a great QB class. I can see both failing. Winning a Heisman means nothing in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    He needs someone, a peer imo especially with all his off the field issues in college. McCown had some success and knows the ropes at least. It wouldn't have hurt. Bottom line is the team is screwed from the top down, bringin in a headcase seems like the worst possible decision, but maybe it will put asses in the seats.
    And that might be the motivation for drafting Winston, bumping up attendance.

I think a late-round QB will do good this year, but not either of those two. Draft a DE, that class is amazing this year.