Page 268 of 269 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269 LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4021

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    "a HUGE disservice" sounds like the theatrical cut was rubbish
    Not what I said (rubbish,) but if you want to add that extra dash of extreme negativity, that's on you.

I loved the one I saw in theaters, and I love this one MORE (to paraphrase rayray.) ESPECIALLY for Superman/Clark Kent. And Lois. And that little bit of extra Wonder Woman.

Still, I think it was a mistake to release the version that came out in theaters. The Ultimate Cut was superior, and would have easily made over 1B. Easily.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-06-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    You got that right! I loved the Theatrical Cut, but the Ultimate Cut just turned everything up to 11.

If WB had released this version of the film, it would've crossed the billion dollar threshold. I'm sure of it.

WB and other studios NEED to get it in their heads that people will absolutely sit through a long movie if it's good. The LOTR movies were all long and they all made bank. Titanic was long, and it was one of the first movies to make a billion dollars ever. Heck, a lot of the greatest and most iconic movies in cinematic history are quite long.

This version of the movie had you all giving a standing ovation? Then THAT'S the version that will likely get the audience to do the same.
    100% agree

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    100% agree
    You forgot the exclamation point!

Quote Originally Posted by realwonderman View Post
    100% agree
    100%!!!!

BANNED

Again I say if people want to say that the movie was crap, thats THEIR opinion. They have their reasons. They know what they expect from that movie. It doesn't equate to negativity. What's negative is taking offense to an opinion which is different from yours instead of appreciating it for it being different.

On the other hand, rewatching the film on my computer allows me to notice things which I never noticed before. The film was indeed good but too much Lois Lane drama. I actually wished she was killed in the movie. I was really praying she would drown in that last scene, but nope, Superman saved her.

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post

On the other hand, rewatching the film on my computer allows me to notice things which I never noticed before. The film was indeed good but too much Lois Lane drama. I actually wished she was killed in the movie. I was really praying she would drown in that last scene, but nope, Superman saved her.
    That Lois scene bothered me. Why did she need saving again? Couldn't they just have her get the pointy thing and be done with it - shout 'Superman! Your pointy thing!' But no - she needed saving...

and she didn't have to be the one who throws the pointy thing into the water.
    i mean, it does make sense within the movie but it needlessly made Lois look dumb.
    Bruce ditches the ponty thing and falls into the water, Lois sees it, and picks it up for Supes later. simple.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    That Lois scene bothered me. Why did she need saving again? Couldn't they just have her get the pointy thing and be done with it - shout 'Superman! Your pointy thing!' But no - she needed saving...
    lois lane being saved is sort of her thing plus they wanted to find a reason for them to interact one last time before clark died

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Predator JP View Post
    and she didn't have to be the one who throws the pointy thing into the water.
    i mean, it does make sense within the movie but it needlessly made Lois look dumb.
    Bruce ditches the ponty thing and falls into the water, Lois sees it, and picks it up for Supes later. simple.
    Does the Ultimate Cut explain why Lois Lane decides to retrieve the kryptonite spear. I know that most fans speculate that Lois Lane saw Doomsday, used her investigative reporter brain to deduce that Doomsday was of Kryptonian origin and then further deduced that the kryptonite spear would be needed by Superman and Batman to kill Doomsday since it would be vulnerable to the green meteor in the same way that Superman was.

But, that all seems very convenient to me. I'm hoping that the Ultimate Cut explains that a little better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Does the Ultimate Cut explain why Lois Lane decides to retrieve the kryptonite spear. I know that most fans speculate that Lois Lane saw Doomsday, used her investigative reporter brain to deduce that Doomsday was of Kryptonian origin and then further deduced that the kryptonite spear would be needed by Superman and Batman to kill Doomsday since it would be vulnerable to the green meteor in the same way that Superman was.

But, that all seems very convenient to me. I'm hoping that the Ultimate Cut explains that a little better.
    While I havent seen it yet (since I for some reason have to wait till August before this movie is out on home release) I have seen reviews that mention that the Ultimate cut does not change anything about that particular scene.

That said, I personally didn't think it was as 'out there' as some seem to think. Like Lois knew before she left the Daily Planet that something bad was going down inside the crashed scoutship and then she sees a nuke going off in the skye, Doomsday crashing to the ground and then the fuel depo goes up and she can still hear Doomsday roaring... I wouldn't say it's a riddle only Batman could solve to figure out that something like this was more than a little likely of Kryptonian origins. (Also Batman reached the same conclusion with even less infomation... and simply seemed to go on: 'massive endurance + heatvision = kryptonian')

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    While I havent seen it yet (since I for some reason have to wait till August before this movie is out on home release) I have seen reviews that mention that the Ultimate cut does not change anything about that particular scene.

That said, I personally didn't think it was as 'out there' as some seem to think. Like Lois knew before she left the Daily Planet that something bad was going down inside the crashed scoutship and then she sees a nuke going off in the skye, Doomsday crashing to the ground and then the fuel depo goes up and she can still hear Doomsday roaring... I wouldn't say it's a riddle only Batman could solve to figure out that something like this was more than a little likely of Kryptonian origins. (Also Batman reached the same conclusion with even less infomation... and simply seemed to go on: 'massive endurance + heatvision = kryptonian')
    You're correct. And I agree about Lois. I will add though, Lois' character is considerably more fleshed out (just from the few extra clips) in the Ultimate Cut, so it's easier to believe that she would piece this all together, and do her best to act heroically. (Also, she saw the effect the kryptonite had on Superman, she saw the Kryptonian ship spring to life and start sucking power, and was the once who relayed that info to Batman and Superman, adding she thought it was Lex. Then BAM Monster appears.)

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Exactly, Lois is a smart woman, Batman is smart man not far fetched at all, also we get that one look of realisation Lois's face before she goes to retrieve it, one of the reasons I love the film it does not treat the characters like idiots.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Batman put a tracking device on the truck and almost destroyed it by attacking the truck directly. that was kinda stupid thing to do lol

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Batman put a tracking device on the truck and almost destroyed it by attacking the truck directly. that was kinda stupid thing to do lol
    Well, first, that could be attributable to his being so unbalanced at that point. The guy was flirting with insanity. It's possible he just wasn't thinking very clearly then. It's possible he was actually getting sloppy.

Another explanation could be that he intended for the truck to get away the whole time. He wanted them to think they'd gotten away from him so he could try to take it later.

Option 3? Let's not forget that the only reason the truck got away from him was due to Superman's unexpected intervention. It's possible he put the tracker on the truck as insurance in case they got away from him, but he always intended to take the truck and the tracker was just a backup.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

not really he just wanted to put a tracker on it so he could keep up with it