Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Dani Moonstar: Mirage Appreciation 2018

Where the heck is she in comics right now? She is too amazing to be in limbo!

Ultimate Member

She was in a book that recently got cancelled, I hated her back during her time with the MLF, being undercover doesn't excuse any and all actions, though aside from that I don't hate her.

Yay to Dani! Here's to hoping she gets put in a book soon.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I can't believe no one is using her. She's a wonderful character and too good fo limbo.

I really hope someone remembers how great a character she is and joins the Jean Grey School so she can go back to teaching the next generation of New Mutants.

And if the new Horseman of Death is Dani, I will take her anywhere I can get her.

horsewoman of death.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    I really hope someone remembers how great a character she is and joins the Jean Grey School so she can go back to teaching the next generation of New Mutants.

And if the new Horseman of Death is Dani, I will take her anywhere I can get her.
    Oh gosh, I'd love to have her teaching again. Making her leave the school was such bullshit.

I don't want Remender anywhere near her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobogan View Post
    Oh gosh, I'd love to have her teaching again. Making her leave the school was such bullshit.

I don't want Remender anywhere near her, though.
    Agreed. Even though i could see her anywhere on any book. I don't think Bendis, Remender and/or KYost would do her justice. XX-Men and/or WATXM seem like the best place for her.

I think she would make a good addition Wood's X-Men. I dropped it once Rogue & Kitty left, but I would gladly pick it back up for Dani.

BANNED

I agree, dani would be perfect on that team

o

I am reading Claremont's run on New Mutants for the first time, and I have to say, Moonstar is the stand-out character by far. I love how strongly she defends herself and her independence, giving herself a different look to the other New Mutants. The issue where she stands alone against the Demon Bear was a masterpiece of storytelling and art, and I love how strong-willed and courageous she is to face the thing she believed killed her parents by herself. I am sensing similar strands in how Claremont writes Danielle compared to how he wrote Storm, which I believe is somewhat deliberate. I mean, I know how badass she is without powers currently, but going back to her first appearances really solidifies that aspect of her personality, and her willingness to take charge.

A great character. I agree, she is being criminally wasted in limbo.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

The demon bear arc is one of my favourite stories ever. Lucky you to be seeing it for the first time. The art is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic_Totality View Post
    I am reading Claremont's run on New Mutants for the first time, and I have to say, Moonstar is the stand-out character by far. I love how strongly she defends herself and her independence, giving herself a different look to the other New Mutants. The issue where she stands alone against the Demon Bear was a masterpiece of storytelling and art, and I love how strong-willed and courageous she is to face the thing she believed killed her parents by herself. I am sensing similar strands in how Claremont writes Danielle compared to how he wrote Storm, which I believe is somewhat deliberate. I mean, I know how badass she is without powers currently, but going back to her first appearances really solidifies that aspect of her personality, and her willingness to take charge.
    Ooh, yes, there are definitely parallels to Storm. I think the major difference is we see Dani coming to terms with her anger and loneliness and wariness, whereas Ororo did a lot of that before we met her. But we do see both of them coming into themselves as leaders.

Love Dani, but she needs her original mutant powers back and to lose the Valkyrie stuff. Return of Psyche, please!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Love Dani, but she needs her original mutant powers back and to lose the Valkyrie stuff. Return of Psyche, please!
    I never liked Dani's original powers; they often seemed like the least interesting thing about her. She's a kickass Native American female, with or without powers. The Valkyrie stuff is just a bonus, like Storm's magic background.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    The demon bear arc is one of my favourite stories ever. Lucky you to be seeing it for the first time. The art is incredible.
    Seriously, one of my top 3 favorite New Mutant stories ever. The other two being Doug's death and Warlock's defeat of the Magus.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic_Totality View Post

A great character. I agree, she is being criminally wasted in limbo.
    Yep, which is exactly what was going to happen once FD was cancelled. She needs to be somewhere maybe on Storm's support team or part of X-men but she needs to make a comeback and not as a horseman of Apoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shobogan View Post
    Ooh, yes, there are definitely parallels to Storm. I think the major difference is we see Dani coming to terms with her anger and loneliness and wariness, whereas Ororo did a lot of that before we met her. But we do see both of them coming into themselves as leaders.
    That's true. They do parallel each other well but I think the main differences I see between them now is that Dani still has a strong sense of who she is, right now Storm is figuring it out. But I love how close they used to be and I want to see that played up again.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I want her original powers back but with the Asgardian enhancements. I want her projections solid, real and able to fight on their own until she calls them off.

o