Page 320 of 673 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 10085

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Raze an alternate future nothing character.
    Yeah a dude with the powers of both Wolverine and Mystique. Also in that timeline Mystique had a son of Xavier who seemingly had a weaker version of Xavier's powers... but chose to use them for evil... like mind control.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I wouldn't mind Irene coming back... I guess. I really hate resurrections and the protocols, especially when they are still killing characters. BUT I'd love if these threads were incorporated into the stories instead of ignored like Raven explaining her feelings about Logan and perhaps it even affect their relationship in the beginning. It would be interesting seeing a hurdle thrown in there.

PS. I didn't have to be put into place. About anything.
    I agree with this...I really hate the revolving door to the afterlife in comics...but if they are leaning into it...bring everyone back they can.

Extraordinary Member

I guess they won’t resurrect Larry Bodine huh.

I don't understand this "My Wife!" stuff from Raven. Her secret wish was to be with Logan during House of M and even further Logan has a future and she kid with her. I know in 616 he was never in love with her and she was actually a nusiance, especially when she went bat shit. I never min minded the obvious lesbianism between her and Irene but how am I supposed to believe this now?

by the way, NC has way too many lame brothers and sisters but I guess its a blessing that no one wants to include Kurt in most anything to do with his family.
    People have multiple secret wishes, many of which conflict with each other. I wouldnt take HoM at face value especially since it was a spell perpetrated by a mentally ill Scarlet Witch. The only character Mystique has ever shown true love for is Destiny. Logan was some weird sadistic lust

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think they should bring back mini-series. I know many readers now don't like minis and want something more long lasting and relavent. Buuuut since most on goings don't last anyway I don't know why fans of smaller characters should consider this route instead. Basically anyone who isn't Wolverine or Deadpool (whether you agree he's an X-Character or not). My favorite story with NC was a mini. Also if its successful it may lead to an ongoing, though I admit now a days that is doubtful or we wouldn't need the minis to make up for that. Even so... isnt it best to have a mini here and there than nothing at all ???

I think they should bring back mini-series. I know many readers now don't like minis and want something more long lasting and relavent. Buuuut since most on goings don't last anyway I don't know why fans of smaller characters should consider this route instead. Basically anyone who isn't Wolverine or Deadpool (whether you agree he's an X-Character or not). My favorite story with NC was a mini. Also if its successful it may lead to an ongoing, though I admit now a days that is doubtful or we wouldn't need the minis to make up for that. Even so... isnt it best to have a mini here and there than nothing at all ???
    Mini series never went away. Just last year we had a sh-t ton of them with the Age of X-men material and then House of X and Powers of X. We are currently having one with Empyre and soon Children of the Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have multiple secret wishes, many of which conflict with each other. I wouldn,t take HoM at face value especially since it was a spell perpetrated by a mentally ill Scarlet Witch. The only character Mystique has ever shown true love for is Destiny. Logan was some weird sadistic lust
    Was that ever actually explained? It was Wanda tampering? But I'm glad you agree it was sadistic lust. I had some problems with Mystique fans that saw Mystique as the sweet woman (not the simply semi-sane woman that she once was), and I think this is even before the films. She was destined to be with Logan. Writing her in character would be a nono. This is not every fan on the known planet of course

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I agree with this...I really hate the revolving door to the afterlife in comics...but if they are leaning into it...bring everyone back they can.
    I reluctantly agree.

Mini series never went away. Just last year we had a sh-t ton of them with the Age of X-men material and then House of X and Powers of X. We are currently having one with Empyre and soon Children of the Atom
    I mean minis based on single characters though because I think team based mini events always do well?

I mean minis based on single characters though because I think team based mini events always do well?
    Oh okay. Then what of the Giant Size issues? They are a series of one shots but the Emma/Jean and Storm one can be 2 parts of a mini since they tell the same story arc with the same creative team.

Fallen Angels was essentially a Kwannon mini

Astonishing Member

Anyone that goes through the Crucuble does so as a choice.

The people that lost their powers are no longer mutants. They dont fit that allegory bc they are no longer a part of the opressed minority group. The Crucible allows them to reclaim that part of their identity that was lost to them and the way its being treated in story is more about that then fixing a disability.

As for Elixir, you are missing the point that Leah made. The Crucible is just one way to remove a disability. Elixir is another. Her point is that there is nothing to fix. These characters are fine with it and they dont need to change in order to fit into Krakoa as Krakoa bends to fit them. When you look at it that way, it makes more sense. Its easy for someone who is priveleged to see the wrong in someone else want feel they need to correct it but its not for you to say but if these characters are okay and are functioning quite well, then it becomes a non-issue and no longer a problem that needs to be corrected
    I take a little issue with this, I approach this from a human standpoint, some characters though tagged as 'disabled' were purposefully designed to look cool other than functional.Cyclops for example is iconic with the shades and visor but there is absolutely nothing stopping him over the years having red eyes that only shoot beams when he concentrates.To say he doesn't want to be normal or have Superman like beams is ridiculous.Just because Xavier tells him, something like 'I also wish I could walk but I can't' or 'there is nothing wrong with you' is just trying to speak for marginalised or victimhood mentality in other sub-groups but just not PWDs ,if you have the power to make the blind see or amputees to have their limbs back through science or healing by Elixir you won't find a PWD saying 'nah I'm used to being the way I am,I don't need your help' Writers just jumble PWDs with the rest but it's disingenuous and frankly insulting.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-29-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I take a little issue with this, I approach this from a human standpoint, some characters though tagged as 'disabled' were purposefully designed to look cool other than functional.Cyclops for example is iconic with the shades and visor but there is absolutely nothing stopping him over the years having red eyes that only shoot beams when he concentrates.To say he doesn't want to be normal or have Superman like beams is ridiculous.Just because Xavier tells him, something like 'I also wish I could walk but I can't' or 'there is nothing wrong with you' is just trying to speak for marginalised or victimhood mentality in other sub-groups but just not PWDs ,if you have the power to make the blind see or amputees to have their limbs back through science or healing by Elixir you won't find a PWD saying 'nah I'm used to being the way I am,I don't need your help' Writers just jumble PWDs with the rest but it's disingenuous and frankly insulting.
    Controversial opinion: writers need to stop including every marginalized group in the mutant metaphor. It kind of works for race and the LGBTQ+ experience, but there are still pretty big holes in those applications of the metaphor.

At this point I think it’s more important that writers add actual diversity to the X-Men roster to keep the themes going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Controversial opinion: writers need to stop including every marginalized group in the mutant metaphor. It kind of works for race and the LGBTQ+ experience, but there are still pretty big holes in those applications of the metaphor.

At this point I think it’s more important that writers add actual diversity to the X-Men roster to keep the themes going.
    My point exactly, thank you

Extraordinary Member

There needs to be more pregnant mutants on Krakoa at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Its a case by case basis but the mutants that were specifically mentioned int he example were Hellion, Karma and Wizz Kid. Cyclops is more brain damaged than disabled. His color blindness is a symptom of that brain damage and he has an easy fix for it (power inhibitor), which he chooses not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    There needs to be more pregnant mutants on Krakoa at this point.
    It would be a crazy plot twist if A)they bring up that forgotten plotpoint from the IvX era about mutants being sterilized by the mists and B) the resurrectees are being sterilized by Sinister, this making mutantkind and evolutionary dead end
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2020 at 06:15 AM.