Page 21 of 631 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    You're welcome.

The source they mention has a good track record with movie predictions. They called it correctly with Marvel Studios. Besides, the clock is ticking on Universal.
    I'm not sure what the deal is with Universal and Marvel -- if they have a make it or lose it deal. As far as I can tell, they had Hulk, Dr. Strange and Namor since the 70s and done nothing with the later for decades, but they still have them. Marvel worked out some deal with them for use of the Hulk and got Strange somehow, but as far as I can tell haven't tried to get Namor back. Feige completely forgot about him.

Of course, there was a couple of years 2006 - 2009, that Universal had the movie in the works with a script and directors attached, so that may be why Marvel didn't try / get him back. 'Tis a mystery.

All that said, Peter Rubin, the concept artist for the Sub-Mariner movie, loved the idea and appreciated the rich visual material of an aquatic environment.

ComicBook.com: You worked on Sub-Mariner years ago at Universal. If that were something that came around again now that the rights have apparently reverted to Marvel Studios, would that be something you’d be interested in or do you think you’ve been there and done that?

Rubin: Oh, no, I’d love to be involved if that were to come back.

ComicBook.com: From a design point of view I feel like Namor would be wonderful since undersea provides you with rich textures and unusual things that you don’t get to do on land. Was that one of those films where you just
    go, “Man—there were a bunch of really cool ideas that I’m going to use somewhere, someday!”?

Rubin:
    Exactly. Yeah, no question about that. I have stuff on my hard drive from that film that I would love to be able to show on my website, I would love to be able to use in a movie—really, really interesting possibilities with that. Really for me and I think for Jonathan Mostow who was scheduled to direct it if it had happened, the fun of it was taking the story of Namor which is—in the comics, it’s a little bit medieval, it’s a little bit of a fairy tale kind of a setting both in the social structure and also in the way everything is designed. To take that and to find a cool, science fictional grounding for it and our intention was to do something very similar for world-building as was done for Man of Steel, which was to just come up with a really great sci-fi story that would explain and put a foundation under the things that existed in the comic book that were invented in perhaps a more naďve time. Does that make sense?
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/05...n-sub-mariner/

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Thanks for posting this

I don't really trust Bleeding cool but who knows maybe a Namor movie is really on it way. I would be awesome if it were true and if Zac Efron isn't really interested or involved at all.

I like it very much. Imperius Rex indeed!
    It is Bleeding Cool, but they are reporting news broken by another site, granted, one that does a lot of speculation also. It IS good to see Namor in the news and being considered for a movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Thanks, your Namor glances is great as well!
    I jumped on NA #18 just because of Schitti's Namor and I'm on the ride as long as he's penciling it.

Here's a sketch from Schitti's tumblr (if you haven't already seen it):

Wow! No, I missed that! Great find!

My, Namor looks a little sullen in that headshot. LOL! Love the attitude in that other sketch. Hopefully he have more than two pages in the next New Avengers.

They actually used Schiti's Namor from Journey Into Mystery for a recent trading card. I'll have to see if I can find it. He wasn't quite as ... dapper in that panel as he is in New Avengers.

I was hoping that Namor rights would end up going over to Fox. Only due to them having the FF rights and all that rich history to be mined.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Thanks, your Namor glances is great as well!
    Oh, and thank you for noticing my Mukesh Singh avatar! It's from the cover of All New Invaders 1. I would LOVE to see Singh to do a Namor book. His work on Grant Morrison's 18 Days simply floored me, and seemed perfect for a lush Atlantean tale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I was hoping that Namor rights would end up going over to Fox. Only due to them having the FF rights and all that rich history to be mined.
    There's definitely material there, but Fox hasn't seemed able to quite capture the FF. Plus, I wasn't exactly thrilled with Mark Millar's take on Ultimate Namor, and since he's their adviser, I'm even more concerned. But again, at least it would get Namor into the general public's eye, and would prompt the comic and hopefully the game side to support the character.

The plus side of Universal, was the original script had tons of Atlantean stuff, and was described as an aquatic Star Wars. O_O

BANNED

Here we go Vitamin. The Schiti trading card. It's a hologram card, so it's was a little pricey.

BANNED

The preview for Ultimate FF#2 is up. Looking forward to seeing some version of Namor and Doom together again, but can't say I'm feeling this art. Though, it is nice to see Namor in something more like a speedo and less like a body sock. ;P

Also, just realized the cover has the team attacked by a bunch of blue skinned guys. Hmmmmm.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21696

I have decided not to be a slacker anymore.
    From Subby #17

From Subby #18
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

more from Subby #18

BFFs 5EVAR.

Namor takes NOTHING lightly. <3

That's RIGHT.

Poor Namor.

MORE SAD.

Namor owns my soul.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Oh, and thank you for noticing my Mukesh Singh avatar! It's from the cover of All New Invaders 1. I would LOVE to see Singh to do a Namor book. His work on Grant Morrison's 18 Days simply floored me, and seemed perfect for a lush Atlantean tale.

Wow. I know you posted Singh's beautiful work before, but holy cow. He'd be fabulous on a Namor title (I wish he was illustrating All New Invaders.) He'd also be great on Doctor Strange too.

Nice to see Schiti on New Avengers.

And all these scans! Yeah!
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

For a moment there I thought those scans were from the funky '90s, then I read UU #2.

Wow! No, I missed that! Great find!

My, Namor looks a little sullen in that headshot. LOL! Love the attitude in that other sketch. Hopefully he have more than two pages in the next New Avengers.

They actually used Schiti's Namor from Journey Into Mystery for a recent trading card. I'll have to see if I can find it. He wasn't quite as ... dapper in that panel as he is in New Avengers.
    Maybe he's sullen bc he doesn't get enough page time lol. Even though he was only two pages in this last issue I feel like he was brilliantly used ('Well.. Don't you look like a man who just had an experince?' cracked me up.) Humor in a face of danger, I like that in a man.

I like his hairstyle very much, I mean, he's a prince, he should be changing his hair and plucking his fierce eyebrows every day (hahaha).

I like how his art is detailed and full of beauty. It's just stop and stare kind of art, isn't it?
    Which writer would you pair him up with?

Here we go Vitamin. The Schiti trading card. It's a hologram card, so it's was a little pricey.

Thanks for posting it! Battle ready and Imperiusrexing. Nice holo card.

There's definitely material there, but Fox hasn't seemed able to quite capture the FF. Plus, I wasn't exactly thrilled with Mark Millar's take on Ultimate Namor, and since he's their adviser, I'm even more concerned. But again, at least it would get Namor into the general public's eye, and would prompt the comic and hopefully the game side to support the character.

The plus side of Universal, was the original script had tons of Atlantean stuff, and was described as an aquatic Star Wars. O_O
    Yeah those prior FF attempts were...lacking to say the least although I thought FF 2 was better. Yep, Millar with Fox means you'd see an Ultimate Namor on the big screen.

Although if Marvel got his rights back and brought him in it would be better since that would mean he would get more of a push. Marvel hasn't exactly been pushing any characters that Fox has the movie rights to.

Universal's original script was just too ambitious for its time.

Spectacular Member

Best thing about Namor was his battles with the Hulk and Thing!!

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/0...es-of-sub.html