Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Ok, I loved it I missed a big scale Avengers story that actually focused on characters as well.
    The art was phenomenal too. I hope they maintain this level of quality

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Anyone got any theories on what the characters that were frozen have in common?
    They don't have anything in common. They're from different generations (Wasp and Spidey are among the earliest heroes, Enigma and the Champions are among the newest). Of the mutants, we only saw most of X-Men Gold (notably including Storm and Logan, who are both ex-Avengers) plus Cyclops get put on ice. But not all X-Men were frozen, since Rogue and Beast are safe - it's possible that most of the other X-men are safe too, but didn't get the alert because they've never been Avengers (this is why the Champions had to be put out of action - four of them are ex-Avengers and would've got the alert). And it was noted that most of the villains are out of action as well, it's not just the heroes.

I figured someone would open a thread but I guess not, will open one for next week if no one does again

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ok, I loved it I missed a big scale Avengers story that actually focused on characters as well.
    The art was phenomenal too. I hope they maintain this level of quality
    Yeah I feel that this is going to be one of the strong(est?)er Avenger crossover stories for a really long time. The COMBINATION of top notch WRITERS with top notch ARTISTS(Let's be 100% REAL here, and admit that kind of combination is not nearly as common as we'd LIKE) has me giddy. The CHARACTER focus WITHIN a grand scale obstacle to solve (missing Earth? Frozen heroes? Mystery origins? Impending villains? SOLID) is a treasure to behold and its off to a REALLY good start. I'm very excited and curious to see the explanation for how/why regarding all the frozen heroes/villains. The selection process is intriguing. I mean, yes, of course, we understand that the folks in charge of the event are all playing with their respective chosen cast members, but IN STORY I look forward to the "why THESE folks??" were left un-petrified.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I feel tired of Legacy already. I didn't even realize there was another Avengers crossover happening. I thought that recent one involving the Champions was it. Whoo boy.

I hope Voyager or whatever they're calling her goes well though. She certainly has a fun design.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah I feel that this is going to be one of the strong(est?)er Avenger crossover stories for a really long time. The COMBINATION of top notch WRITERS with top notch ARTISTS(Let's be 100% REAL here, and admit that kind of combination is not nearly as common as we'd LIKE) has me giddy. The CHARACTER focus WITHIN a grand scale obstacle to solve (missing Earth? Frozen heroes? Mystery origins? Impending villains? SOLID) is a treasure to behold and its off to a REALLY good start. I'm very excited and curious to see the explanation for how/why regarding all the frozen heroes/villains. The selection process is intriguing. I mean, yes, of course, we understand that the folks in charge of the event are all playing with their respective chosen cast members, but IN STORY I look forward to the "why THESE folks??" were left un-petrified.
    I couldn't have said it better!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    valid criticism, maybe. but I'd counter it with examples of senior Avengers losing their **** over injured teammates. remember Pym bailing on everyone during Disassembled to go scream at his hospitalized ex-wife? he was blubbering throughout. Carol Danvers broke down in tears when she found out that Ares and Sentry had sided with Norman Osborn (Dark Reign). shouldn't they both have known that the Avengers/Wasp have survived worse?
    Yeah I mean one of Nadia's consistent character traits is others being hurt around her sets her OFF.

Even just after she was introduced she broke down in tears because she couldn't even FATHOM the idea of the heroes fighting each other like they were doing and the deaths that already were caused by it.

She would've likely gone into a murderous rage in her own book (Unstoppable Wasp) where the tone was ALWAYS cute except that time she almost snapped. I mean she got as far as reflexively attacking Janet before pulling herself out of it.

And Whitley has also said she was written with the idea that she may have bipolar disorder like her dad, Hank Pym.

I really loved this issue and like many of you have said, it feels like a grand, epic storyline that the Avengers need. I haven't read Avengers since Hickman and this plot seems really cool so far. My only concern though is that I hope those heroes who were "frozen" don't remain that way for too long. But wowza that art was fantastic and we have three amazing artists working on this book for the whole 16 weeks. I can't wait for this to continue!

I mean I didn't dislike it, there really hasn't happened enough yet for that nor has there happened enough for me to fall for it yet.
    I kinda feel like y'all are overselling it a bit but hey it's cool if it floats your boat.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The art was consistent and pretty throughout the issue. They could've made Nadia blow off the Avengers without looking like a b-word though.

BANNED

The "missing Earth" comes a little too close to that High Evolutionary arc they JUST had. Still enjoyed this more than the Xbooks.

I hated Quicksilver for being an ass again (though it isn't out of character).

I wonder who would a big role during the crossover? I think Rogue, Living Lighting, Falcon, and of course Voyager are going to have the most focus at first.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

So how many issues untill voyager is shown to be evil

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The "missing Earth" comes a little too close to that High Evolutionary arc they JUST had. Still enjoyed this more than the Xbooks.
    Yeah that was my first thought too. I was telling a friend about the issue, and he thought I was talking about the Avengers/Champions one lol

Preview for Avengers 676 is up.

Surprising no one, Janet is no longer the person that named the team