Page 138 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The whole villain thing comes from the usual ill-informed people, who think Wanda's sole purposes in the MCU are either to go crazy or do some sort of reverse HOM.
    You can't blame some people for being ill-informed. But you definitely can blame folks who should know better and want Wanda to kill a bunch of people and do stuff with mutants. I've read on some websites that some individuals actually WANT Wanda to kill Scott Lang in Ant-Man 3 so that event could formally trigger the creation of the Young Avengers (I'm not sure if that's how it happened in the books). I've said it many times before, I LIKE it when the movies and shows deviate dramatically from the source material. And I hope the MCU keeps doing it for their future projects. Changing stuff from comic books for the big and small screen is NOT the same as changing stuff from works like All Quiet on the Western Front and a Farewell to Arms for the movies and television. The latter I would expect more faithful adaptations from the books because they are important works of classic literature. Vision Quest and House of M don't belong in that same category, with all due respect. One thing I dislike is making superhero films into "dramas". I find that they never seem to work. That goes for Marvel's pre-MCU stuff and DC's more recent projects. I HATED how the Amazing Spider-Man movies transformed Parker into a "skater punk" who wasn't funny. He was a jackass and his costume looked like fucking ****. And the latest version of Batman didn't sit right with me either. He wasn't merely a mean and brutal guy. I thought he was actually EVIL. I know Batman is a dark character, but I think DC went WAY too far there. I didn't mind the Whedon's and Feige's Ultron though. I think Marvel did the right thing by trying to differentiate Ultron from other stereotypical robotic villains who just want to take over the world and destroy humanity. Those villains had already been done in the Terminator movies, you know? So to turn him into Stark's "evil brother" made total sense to me. I particularly liked this conversation:

Thor to Ultron: "We don't have to break anything."
    Ultron to Thor: "Clearly you've never made an omelet."

That to me was funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Trash and Wanda don't go together. She was always high class. Keep Maury on the morning trash line up, lol.
    LOL! I agree. Maury can be fun but Wanda would NEVER watch his show. She's not a lowbrow person. Janet and Rogue might be more into that stuff though. I think it would be amusing in WandaVision if Wanda and Vision clash over what to watch on television. You just KNOW Vision would enjoy shows like NATURE and NOVA on PBS, and Wanda (like the OVERWHELMING majority of American women) would be more interested in watching true crime documentaries. They could then fight over the remote control.

I do wonder if Wanda will go back to pronouncing paprikash as "paprikahj" in the show in order to honor her Sokovian roots. She could then drop the all-American act for at least a LITTLE while. Like you said, I just wish Europeans could be portrayed more accurately in Hollywood films. Sigh...
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-30-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Wanda (like the OVERWHELMING majority of American women) would be more interested in watching true crime documentaries.
    Why do you say stuff like this? No, this isn't true. I hate crime documentaries. They are popular but not just among women and usually of a certain age that still watches cable. No one group likes any one thing. Everyone is pretty different. Women aren't a hivemind.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Why do you say stuff like this? No, this isn't true. I hate crime documentaries. They are popular but not just among women and usually of a certain age that still watches cable. No one group likes any one thing. Everyone is pretty different. Women aren't a hivemind.
    Because it's absolutely, positively, unequivocally true! Studies have come out proving that women are fueling the true crime craze throughout the world. Law & Order: SVU, Lifetime movies like "My Stepson, My Lover", Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Women", and podcasts like My Favourite Murder are all driven by interest from women. Why do you think Dateline's Keith Morrison is considered a sex symbol of sorts? Because a majority (and a strong one at that), but not all as you say, of women like to consume true crime.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/b...ime-women.html

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...ip_2019_v2.pdf

And it's also been proven that women love funny guys:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...e-funny-guys#1

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ap-2012-10-23/

So I wouldn't say women are a hivemind, but a significant percentage of them tend to like true crime stuff and to have their funny bones tickled. I bet you Wanda, Carol, Janet, Jennifer, Natasha and Clea etc are absolutely no different.

Now I'm going to patiently await for your apology...
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-30-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Because it's absolutely, positively, unequivocally true! Studies have come out proving that women are fueling the true crime craze throughout the world. Law & Order: SVU, Lifetime movies like "My Stepson, My Lover", Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Women", and podcasts like My Favourite Murder are all driven by interest from women. Why do you think Dateline's Keith Morrison is considered a sex symbol of sorts? Because a majority (and a strong one at that), but not all as you say, of women like to consume true crime.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/b...ime-women.html

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...ip_2019_v2.pdf

And it's also been proven that women love funny guys:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...e-funny-guys#1

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ap-2012-10-23/

So I wouldn't say women are a hivemind, but a significant percentage of them tend to like true crime stuff and to have their funny bones tickled. I bet you Wanda, Carol, Janet, Jennifer, Natasha and Clea etc are absolutely no different.

Now I'm going to patiently await for your apology...
    And you do realize that these sort of things can be sexist right? Like there are partisan views in most of this stuff. Because it's taking a feeling and making it seem like everyone or most people are like this. This is how stereotypes are formed. A story asking why women love it, isn't based on any science nor is it including all women. The first one is literally one woman talking about herself. When you look at these articles, they single out why women like them. But when talking about men, the articles are titled, "Why do WE like crime shows." It's just based on small studies and very limited poll numbers, plus special interest. And the Crimecon stuff lists their population numbers at 4,000 people at most! In a country of over 300 million people. That's not a large poll.

I don't like crime stuff, nor do any women in my family. But if I wrote an article that said, why don't women like crime shows based purely on my own anecdotal accounts, I'd be wrong. Way off. Because not everyone likes the same things. And there are no genetic nor gender markers for such things. Same with men. My brothers don't like sports. But if I wrote an article saying that most men don't like sports anymore, based solely on that, again I'd be wrong.

You can find anything online to support one view. It doesn't mean it has the whole view in consideration. Different women like different things. Cut out the stereotypes and mansplaining of my gender already.

In Wanda's case, she liked dramas. Like Downton Abbey that Quicksilver had explained was her favorite.

Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-30-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

WOW, thank you for All your Responses to my 10k and Wanda reading list challenge post;

ARkadelphia
    Leokearon
    People Of The Earth
    Phoenixx9
    Jmc247
    Albert1981
    Probability010

I have read and loved All of your posts, They means far More then you know, Thank You all!

So I want to give the 1st update on my Journey for Wanda in this reading challenge, All of you and all the Wanda Fandom gives me the motivation to do this to the best of my efforts for Wanda.

Right now I am limited in my posting cause I can’t use my home PC for a few days so this update in being written on my IPad.

So since my list started I may have add alittle bit more to it LOL. ;-)

I always want to fully grasp the characters and story as much as I can so to start it all off I have read 1st;

X-Men #1-3, Volume 1 from 1963!

This give me a better idea if the beginnings of the universe that our Wanda will be introduced in and it has worked well.

As for the 1st 3 X-Men books they where mostly ok, basic hero work with no big parts with mutants and humans disliking each other, mostly Super-heroics of the Silver Age Cold War era Which I Love seeinfpg and Reading.

The original 5 grew as each issue went on, but it could do without all the guys trying to get with Jean all the time. Like Hank trying to steel a kissing or Warren stealing her away to go joyriding, I mean seriously or for some reason even Charles profession of some love for her in a thought bubble, Just WOW. =/

But still it is good to see where it all started and Jean Grey is becoming one of my favorite characters in Marvel so it is great to read her at her start as well.

So that is my start look, next will be Wanda’s debut, so I Leave you with a Linkara Review of X-Men #1 that sums up most of my views of the story of #1 as well in a humorous sense, LOL.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yeah, the way the all acted towards Jean (rexcept Bobby) was creepy, it's like the never saw a girl before. If I remember correctly, I believe Onslaught later mocked Chuck being in love with Jean
    Last edited by leokearon; 07-31-2020 at 12:59 AM.

It's weird that they'll do that but then be so bad at drawing kids. Like their kids look like adults. Most recently Valeria. She looks completely grown even though she's supposed to be 12 or 13 right now.
    It doesn't help that some artists only draw like the same small range of faces.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    [...]
    The original 5 grew as each issue went on, but it could do without all the guys trying to get with Jean all the time. Like Hank trying to steel a kissing or Warren stealing her away to go joyriding, I mean seriously or for some reason even Charles profession of some love for her in a thought bubble, Just WOW. =/
    [...]
    Maybe then it’s a good time to bring up a certain artist again.

https://www.deviantart.com/magickmaker/gallery

One picture there makes fun of exactly that. Note to anyone who is new and doesn’t know... anything: Wanda/Jean is pure Fanfiction.

https://www.deviantart.com/magickmak...Area-265354784

d4dzh28-b1141564-95ea-48a5-a360-f2559e55f413.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    WOW, thank you for All your Responses to my 10k and Wanda reading list challenge post;

ARkadelphia
    Leokearon
    People Of The Earth
    Phoenixx9
    Jmc247
    Albert1981
    Probability010

I have read and loved All of your posts, They means far More then you know, Thank You all!

So I want to give the 1st update on my Journey for Wanda in this reading challenge, All of you and all the Wanda Fandom gives me the motivation to do this to the best of my efforts for Wanda.

Right now I am limited in my posting cause I can’t use my home PC for a few days so this update in being written on my IPad.

So since my list started I may have add alittle bit more to it LOL. ;-)

I always want to fully grasp the characters and story as much as I can so to start it all off I have read 1st;

X-Men #1-3, Volume 1 from 1963!

This give me a better idea if the beginnings of the universe that our Wanda will be introduced in and it has worked well.

As for the 1st 3 X-Men books they where mostly ok, basic hero work with no big parts with mutants and humans disliking each other, mostly Super-heroics of the Silver Age Cold War era Which I Love seeinfpg and Reading.

But still it is good to see where it all started and Jean Grey is becoming one of my favorite characters in Marvel so it is great to read her at her start as well.

So that is my start look, next will be Wanda’s debut, so I Leave you with a Linkara Review of X-Men #1 that sums up most of my views of the story of #1 as well in a humorous sense, LOL.

I can’t possibly take on the project you are undertaking but I may be able to play along on occasion. I have this run here but haven’t read it yet. It may be time to move it up on the priority list.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I have read it in the past and enjoyed it.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

What’s that???

Are these actual physical cards, that you are supposed to hold in your hands, in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    What’s that???

Are these actual physical cards, that you are supposed to hold in your hands, in the real world?
    Good question. I do not know as I have not heard nor seen these before.

I think that's the Tabletop Simulator game. It's a game on Steam. You can play different types of tabletop games online with friends there. I've played Zombicide and other stuff on there before.

I think that's the Tabletop Simulator game. It's a game on Steam. You can play different types of tabletop games online with friends there. I've played Zombicide and other stuff on there before.
    I think it is a proper card game: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...the-card-game/

I like Wanda's art of her just relaxing with a book