Page 20 of 254 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Good lord, this looks great. I also got Xena vibes from it, but I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Xena is one of the most badass women in TV/film history, so it's a pretty big compliment IMO.

Also, you can see Said Taghmaoui in the scene with Diana/Steve wearing the same clothes he wore in the Instagram shot. I honestly think he's just a made-for-film character and soldier friend of Steve's (or maybe Phil Darnell if they were going for comic accuracy-ish).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really liked her trying on the glasses for some reason.
    That scene stood out to me too, I don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Completely agree with you here.

My main reason for being afraid of people's reactions to her accent is the "Fast and the Furious" franchise. Now, don't get me wrong, like all the actors in those films, I don't think Gal was overlooked for an Oscar or anything, but she was by no means bad. And if you know acting first hand as a performer, you could see that even with little experience, she has good instincts, she reacts well and she seems natural and comfortable in front of a camera.

But still people complained about her being "wooden" which I didn't get but the best explanation I can come up with is her accent.
    Once audiences realize WW's true homeland is an isolated foreign island, it'll make sense she speaks with an accent. And it'll just click into place with moviegoers. Actually I hope she worked with a voice coach to attain certain tweaks in her accent, because Israelis might wonder why a princess from Themyscira speaks with an Israeli accent. I'd like a whole new accent that all Amazons have learned for this movie. They pay such attention to details, including creating a whole new kryptonian language for MOS. I except similar attention to details for the solo WW.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    As for the more fantastic elements of her powers, I think her slamming The Ageis Gauntlets and us seeing that huge force of energy is really her, in the BvS scene. That wouldn't make much sense with Doomsday.
    Actually it would considering how Doomsdays heatvision bounces off her shield much like water from a hose would in the second trailer (we know it's her shield its bouncing off because it's her sliding back with it slightly glowing). The blast we see in the first trailer is the same we see in the 2nd and is much like a conventional explosion and the wave we see is simply superheated air created by the heatvision striking the shield.

Reason why this does't happen when Zod and Clark used it is probably due to how small theirs are compared to Doomsday, they use eyes while it seems to use it's entire face, secondly we dont see it hit anything that could withstand it save Faora's suit for half a second. And possibly because Doomsday may be firing this at full tilt, much like Zod did rather than the rather restrained shots Superman took.

Found this on the net, worth the read and it'll be interesting to see how Aries fits into this framework:

"It's pretty brilliant that DC decided to change Diana's origin story from World War II to World War I for the up and coming Wonder Woman movie.

For those who don't know, WWI was essentially a war based on colonial expansion, economic self interest, and land acquisition from warring royal families. The spark of it was an assassination, basically an act of revenge.

Previously, Wonder Woman comics wrote her origin during World War II, a war where there were clear good guys and bad guys.

Themiscyra is an island utopia entirely populated by immortal women, who have isolated themselves from modern day society, to escape the corruption of Man, on the belief that men are the ultimate cause for the world's pains.

If Diana were to enter the world during WWII, it would be no problem for her to choose whose side to fight for, as it would be clear as day. With WWI, her choice is much more difficult, as there basically isn't a clean cut "good guys vs bad guys." She would be entering a world where everything that was taught to her about the rest of the world was true: men ruin everything.

This creates a very rich and interesting world for her to find why she would want to fight for such a place."
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Found this on the net, worth the read and it'll be interesting to see how Aries fits into this framework:

"It's pretty brilliant that DC decided to change Diana's origin story from World War II to World War I for the up and coming Wonder Woman movie.

For those who don't know, WWI was essentially a war based on colonial expansion, economic self interest, and land acquisition from warring royal families. The spark of it was an assassination, basically an act of revenge.

Previously, Wonder Woman comics wrote her origin during World War II, a war where there were clear good guys and bad guys.

Themiscyra is an island utopia entirely populated by immortal women, who have isolated themselves from modern day society, to escape the corruption of Man, on the belief that men are the ultimate cause for the world's pains.

If Diana were to enter the world during WWII, it would be no problem for her to choose whose side to fight for, as it would be clear as day. With WWI, her choice is much more difficult, as there basically isn't a clean cut "good guys vs bad guys." She would be entering a world where everything that was taught to her about the rest of the world was true: men ruin everything.

This creates a very rich and interesting world for her to find why she would want to fight for such a place."
    the reason was that captain america took the 2nd world war. WW1 is cool and all, but it isn't so wide like 2 and complex

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Actually it would considering how Doomsdays heatvision bounces off her shield much like water from a hose would in the second trailer (we know it's her shield its bouncing off because it's her sliding back with it slightly glowing). The blast we see in the first trailer is the same we see in the 2nd and is much like a conventional explosion and the wave we see is simply superheated air created by the heatvision striking the shield.

Reason why this does't happen when Zod and Clark used it is probably due to how small theirs are compared to Doomsday, they use eyes while it seems to use it's entire face, secondly we dont see it hit anything that could withstand it save Faora's suit for half a second. And possibly because Doomsday may be firing this at full tilt, much like Zod did rather than the rather restrained shots Superman took.
    Since when does Heat Vision crackle with Electricity like that force energy did? The first trailer it looked like it was Diana doing it. You see her bracelets ether reflect with light or start to glow before she slams them together. In the second trailer it looks like Doomsday is doing it. Ether way, Heatvision doesn't crackle with Electricity like that. The energy out put isn't the same.

I still say its Diana. Probably a last ditch move that she wouldn't use all the time.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Since when does Heat Vision crackle with Electricity like that force energy did?

The first trailer it looked like it was Diana doing it. You see her bracelets ether reflect with light or start to glow before she slams them together. In the second trailer it looks like Doomsday is doing it. Ether way, Heatvision doesn't crackle with Electricity like that. The energy out put isn't the same.

I still say its Diana. Probably a last ditch move that she wouldn't use all the time.
    Eh since Man of Steel? My point being is that they dont seem to be treating the heatvision as a traditional high-powered laser beam thats just deflected the same way light normally is, but treating more like a blast of water from a hose. Aside that, it is a kind of energy weapon we dont know the exact physics of, bouncing off a shield we dont know the properties of, so the lightning could be a side effect of the normally streamlined beam of energy being shattered... like lightning. Actually that could also be the explanation; the heat-vision is essentialy treated like a straight beam of lightning, but when it hits Diana's shield it returns to its crooked natural form.

Yes, it did, but we didn't see Doomsday or know he had heatvision. That glow could simply be the reflection of Doomsdays face heating up before he fired, what Diana was doing was getting the Aegis up in the traditional fashion by crossing her bracelets.

Well, allow me to disagree with that.

Fantastic Member

I'm certainly concerned about what they've shown of the movie. Diana really does come off as seriously underpowered, which does seem to contradict what little we've seen of her in the BvS trailer. Even so, she seems to be exerting herself really considerably just to take out human soldiers and I am very concerned - also based on something that Gal Gadot said quite a while ago - that we will get a WW who cannot fly, but merely leap or fly for short distances. Again, all of this unnecessarily depowers the character and, to my mind, reduces her stature. It certainly is not in keeping with what has been established in comics over the past 30 years and it seems really pointless. Indeed, on the horse-riding front, it's hard to know why Diana would ever ride a horse. Surely she is much, much faster than any horse on foot?

On the positive side, I like what Patty Jenkins said about the character. She seems to get Diana's character, even if the power set (seems to be) seriously off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I'm certainly concerned about what they've shown of the movie. Diana really does come off as seriously underpowered, which does seem to contradict what little we've seen of her in the BvS trailer. Even so, she seems to be exerting herself really considerably just to take out human soldiers and I am very concerned - also based on something that Gal Gadot said quite a while ago - that we will get a WW who cannot fly, but merely leap or fly for short distances. Again, all of this unnecessarily depowers the character and, to my mind, reduces her stature. It certainly is not in keeping with what has been established in comics over the past 30 years and it seems really pointless. Indeed, on the horse-riding front, it's hard to know why Diana would ever ride a horse. Surely she is much, much faster than any horse on foot?

On the positive side, I like what Patty Jenkins said about the character. She seems to get Diana's character, even if the power set (seems to be) seriously off.
    Erm... here is an idea:

Maybe this version of Diana is actually from before she 'unlocks' the god-like strenght and abilities? Like she is undergoing her own trial by doing this and unknowingly taking some of the same path Jor-El mapped out for Kal:

"We wanted you to know what it was like to be human first." In this case its Hippolyta telling a returned Diana. "We wanted you to grow up an Amazon before we told you."

So essentially what we might get on the screen for the Wonder Woman movie is basically Diana as an Amazon; still very powerful compared to normal humans, but not in a rediculous way that would rob her of all challenge and achievements, but one who is revealed as a demigoddess for the closing fight and has to go home and find out why.
    Its a bit of a mix of:
    Timm's Justice League cartoon where Diana runs off with 'the power' before it could be explained to her.
    Trinity, where Diana had to return home after falling in the Lazarus Pit and needed an explanation why she reacted like she did.
    And ofc Azzarello's idea of Diana's origins being kept a secret from her and only really stumbles on there being anything wrong.

BANNED

Erm... here is an idea:

Maybe this version of Diana is actually from before she 'unlocks' the god-like strenght and abilities? Like she is undergoing her own trial by doing this and unknowingly taking some of the same path Jor-El mapped out for Kal:

"We wanted you to know what it was like to be human first." In this case its Hippolyta telling a returned Diana. "We wanted you to grow up an Amazon before we told you."

So essentially what we might get on the screen for the Wonder Woman movie is basically Diana as an Amazon; still very powerful compared to normal humans, but not in a rediculous way that would rob her of all challenge and achievements, but one who is revealed as a demigoddess for the closing fight and has to go home and find out why.
    Its a bit of a mix of:
    Timm's Justice League cartoon where Diana runs off with 'the power' before it could be explained to her.
    Trinity, where Diana had to return home after falling in the Lazarus Pit and needed an explanation why she reacted like she did.
    And ofc Azzarello's idea of Diana's origins being kept a secret from her and only really stumbles on there being anything wrong.
    I hope this isn't zeus daughter, but sh ewill unlock her right to be earth mightiest champion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I hope this isn't zeus daughter, but sh ewill unlock her right to be earth mightiest champion
    It is, and we know that because Snyder has already told us this was the case.

BANNED

Erm... here is an idea:

Its a bit of a mix of:
    Sounds like a preposterous excuse to bereave the 1 powerful female Superhero of her superpowers... we shall wait and see, Stormberg, however despicably he put it, was right that I was judging it way too soon.

BANNED

when? I don't really remember it

I don't recall this, when/where was this said?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    Sounds like a preposterous excuse to bereave the 1 powerful female Superhero of her superpowers... we shall wait and see, Stormberg, however despicably he put it, was right that I was judging it way too soon.
    I was only offering a possible explanation why she wasn't running like the wind or crushing tanks with her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    when? I don't really remember it
    Probably because it was stated something like 6 months ago or more.

Edit, found where it was stated, though not by Snyder, but by a Charles Roven the BvS producer:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wonde...ion-67671.html
    (there is a link to a video where he states this, but I cant confirm it 100% atm)
    Last edited by Outside_85; 01-20-2016 at 07:52 AM.