Page 50 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

3-3. Cracking game for the neutral, I was nearly spot-on with my 4-3 prediction LOL. Another goal for Salah, 3 of the fab four getting a goal tonight. Just a shame about that 5 minute spell but as I say, cracking game for the neutral and at least we didn't lose the last game before Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'll be stunned if Van Gaal gets it. How much did he need to spend at Utd? He certainly won't get that at Swansea! Plus, our owners are too tight to pay the wages he'll want I bet. Saying that, he's a bit crazy, so who knows.

De Boer and Bilic seem to be the front runners at the mo. Bergkamp is unemployed now too. A De Boer and Bergkamp managerial team up would do me. They'd certainly getting us playing like we used to, but I'm not sure if the current players are up to it. Money needs to be spent in January.
    Given how poorly Palace did under him I wouldn't be so happy if De Boer got the job (unless I'm thinking about his brother LOL). Out of the two I'd probably be ok with Bilic out of the two as he did alright with West Ham for the most part IMO.

And, yeah, I'd be surprised as well if LvG was your new manager as well tbf.

My opinion of De Boer is that he's a nice bloke, which I suppose isn't really what we need. Bilic I can see giving the team a rocket up the backside, which is probably what they do need. I just have the feeling that the football would be better under De Boer. His problem at Palace was the time it was taking for them to adapt to his style, which granted, Swansea can't really afford, but I've just got a feeling about him. Either way, I hope the change will be a positive one in terms of results and points.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    3-3. Cracking game for the neutral, I was nearly spot-on with my 4-3 prediction LOL. Another goal for Salah, 3 of the fab four getting a goal tonight. Just a shame about that 5 minute spell but as I say, cracking game for the neutral and at least we didn't lose the last game before Christmas.
    What a crazy game. One moment you feel down the next you're right back up. When the Arsenal went 2-0 down early in the second half, we would have gladly settled for a point but then after 3 quick fire goals to go 3-2 up, it's kinda disappointing that we couldn't hold on for the win. Probably a fair result in the end but I reckon both clubs will be disappointed that they didn't get the win. I guess Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd will be happiest that neither side won.

Extraordinary Member

What a match!

I won £10 on my bet this weekend! Nice little bonus for Christmas Eve LOL. Ironically, I NEEDED Spurs to win in order to win the bet LOL.

My opinion of De Boer is that he's a nice bloke, which I suppose isn't really what we need. Bilic I can see giving the team a rocket up the backside, which is probably what they do need. I just have the feeling that the football would be better under De Boer. His problem at Palace was the time it was taking for them to adapt to his style, which granted, Swansea can't really afford, but I've just got a feeling about him. Either way, I hope the change will be a positive one in terms of results and points.
    Any news regarding your managerial position? Speaking of De Boer, his former club drew with yours today, 1-1. Must be disappointed that you didn't hold onto the 1-0?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    What a crazy game. One moment you feel down the next you're right back up. When the Arsenal went 2-0 down early in the second half, we would have gladly settled for a point but then after 3 quick fire goals to go 3-2 up, it's kinda disappointing that we couldn't hold on for the win. Probably a fair result in the end but I reckon both clubs will be disappointed that they didn't get the win. I guess Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd will be happiest that neither side won.
    Yeah they will be especially since Spurs and United won today as well. I'm like you, I was happy when we were ahead but then relieved to have a point after going behind. In my team's case it was disappointing that we ''let'' you back into the game so soon after Salah scored, had we held out for 5-10 minutes I think we'd have won. Ah well, ifs and buts eh?

Any news regarding your managerial position? Speaking of De Boer, his former club drew with yours today, 1-1. Must be disappointed that you didn't hold onto the 1-0?
    No news yet. Still wouldn't surprise me if they gave Leon Britton the job full time. Cheaper option for our tight owners.

United drew btw. 94th minute goal for Leicester

Extraordinary Member

What a fun day of footie! Shame I left ten seconds before Maguire scored.

No news yet. Still wouldn't surprise me if they gave Leon Britton the job full time. Cheaper option for our tight owners.

United drew btw. 94th minute goal for Leicester
    I know LOL. I found out AFTER I'd gotten off the forums yesterday LOL. I was pleased when I found out though obviously.

Britton is the odds on favourite according to my local Betfreds when I went in to collect my winnings this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What a fun day of footie! Shame I left ten seconds before Maguire scored.
    It was most definitely a fun day wasn't it? Must be pleased with yesterday's results for Spurs?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Merry Christmas, my fellow football fans. Wishing you and your team all the best for the festive period (as long as it’s not at the expense of Arsenal)

Enjoy the day wherever you are and let’s get ready for Boxing Day and the start of the second half of the season.

Extraordinary Member

I know LOL. I found out AFTER I'd gotten off the forums yesterday LOL. I was pleased when I found out though obviously.

Britton is the odds on favourite according to my local Betfreds when I went in to collect my winnings this morning.

It was most definitely a fun day wasn't it? Must be pleased with yesterday's results for Spurs?
    Very much so. Burnley is a tough place to play. To put three against them is such a positive.

Outside of my team, my mate Len's team, Tranmere Rovers won again today, 4-1 at home against Fylde. They've ended the year with three consecutive victories so he'll be pleased by that. Besides that, I didn't win today's bet due to Everton and Ipswich being only able to get a draw instead of a win today LOL. Good job I only put a pound on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Merry Christmas, my fellow football fans. Wishing you and your team all the best for the festive period (as long as it’s not at the expense of Arsenal)

Enjoy the day wherever you are and let’s get ready for Boxing Day and the start of the second half of the season.
    Merry Christmas to you too Ken, and to all the fellow football fans as well as the non-football fans here on CBR. Even if I am a bit late LOL Very happy obviously with Liverpool's result today against Swansea, can never complain about a 5-0 win at Anfield particularly when it's the last game of the Calendar year. Even better given that Man Utd could only draw today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Very much so. Burnley is a tough place to play. To put three against them is such a positive.
    Especially given how close to beating Man Utd at Old Trafford Burnley were today in their 2-2 draw. Another good win for Spurs today as well, against Southampton this time. They've certainly finished 2017 strongly that's for sure.

Extraordinary Member

COYS!!!! What a result!

Amazing Member

How on god’s green earth can Bobby Madley be a professional referee? Before anyone says it’s sour grapes and moaning we have previous with this terrible official:
    2/3 seasons ago a penalty given for a foul 2-3 yards outside the box against Chelsea
    Last season 2 penalties awarded to Bournemouth when we played there
    7 minutes instead of 6 played against Palace with Zaha equalising in the 7th

The Newcastle match Saturday was just disgraceful from West Ham. Went 1-0 up and foot off the gas. Ayew’s penalty a toddler could’ve saved. When has anyone ever scored from one of those stuttering run ups?! I’ve seen ronaldo and messi miss when doing that and they stopped. The arsenal cup match we essentially threw. Neither team looked like they wanted to win so we threw away our only chance of getting a positive out of this season. Relegation beckons but at least we get to play Millwall again.

The news from Swansea just keeps getting better and better. After getting thumped yesterday, it now looks as though Mawson could be on his way to West Ham, and Liverpool are interested in Fabianski. If our owners let them go in January, we're even more dead and buried than we are now. We shall wait and see what happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpayne1992 View Post
    How on god’s green earth can Bobby Madley be a professional referee? Before anyone says it’s sour grapes and moaning we have previous with this terrible official:
    2/3 seasons ago a penalty given for a foul 2-3 yards outside the box against Chelsea
    Last season 2 penalties awarded to Bournemouth when we played there
    7 minutes instead of 6 played against Palace with Zaha equalising in the 7th

The Newcastle match Saturday was just disgraceful from West Ham. Went 1-0 up and foot off the gas. Ayew’s penalty a toddler could’ve saved. When has anyone ever scored from one of those stuttering run ups?! I’ve seen ronaldo and messi miss when doing that and they stopped. The arsenal cup match we essentially threw. Neither team looked like they wanted to win so we threw away our only chance of getting a positive out of this season. Relegation beckons but at least we get to play Millwall again.
    I'll be sure to avoid my daily runs down Hackney Wick when that game happens!