Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    If *you* were adapting Cass into a movie, TV show, or Video Game, would you have her end up as Bruce’s adopted daughter as a main civilian life feature?

I kind fo think that if I were going to have two or more adopted Robins, having Cass be adopted would be a good idea.
    I'd have her adopted by Barbara personally.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    If *you* were adapting Cass into a movie, TV show, or Video Game, would you have her end up as Bruce’s adopted daughter as a main civilian life feature?

I kind fo think that if I were going to have two or more adopted Robins, having Cass be adopted would be a good idea.
    I think she'd be the daughter of the Batfamily, basically, with her two parents Bruce and Barbara .

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she'd be the daughter of the Batfamily, basically, with her two parents Bruce and Barbara .
    I personally wish they'd do a storyline where Bruce adopts her. Or Babs mentors her. I don't really see current Batgirl being in a place to adopt Cass, but mentor absolutely.

But I'd want them to commit to doing that in all the titles, and have the storyline last a minimum of a year. None of this "adopt then Bruce dies" nonsense.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I personally wish they'd do a storyline where Bruce adopts her. Or Babs mentors her. I don't really see current Batgirl being in a place to adopt Cass, but mentor absolutely.

But I'd want them to commit to doing that in all the titles, and have the storyline last a minimum of a year. None of this "adopt then Bruce dies" nonsense.
    If they really reformat the timeline to include darn near everything, they could easily bring all of that back.

Yeah, if they restored the pre-Flashpoint ages, then the age gap between Babs and the two younger Batgirls would be similar to that of Bruce and Dick. Not old enough to have been their birth parent short of a gymslip pregnancy, but still over a decade older and old enough to adopt them.

Though fully bringing back the old continuity would render this moot, as Cassandra, as well as Tim Drake, had already been adopted by Bruce.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if they restored the pre-Flashpoint ages, then the age gap between Babs and the two younger Batgirls would be similar to that of Bruce and Dick. Not old enough to have been their birth parent short of a gymslip pregnancy, but still over a decade older and old enough to adopt them.
    If you put Barbara back to pre COIE maybe, but pre-Flashpoint she would be probably only roughly 9 years older than Cass.

Cass was pre Flashpoint the same age as Jason, Barbara was maybe 2 years older than Dick (pre COIE she was 7 years older), who was roughly 7 years older than Jason.
    And Bruce was iirc 13-15 years older than Dick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Though fully bringing back the old continuity would render this moot, as Cassandra, as well as Tim Drake, had already been adopted by Bruce.
    You can adopt anyone regardless of age

My main issue is the internal logic. Bruce adopting orphans makes a certain amount of sense. A random Asian girl, he kinda looks like a perv :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You can adopt anyone regardless of age

My main issue is the internal logic. Bruce adopting orphans makes a certain amount of sense. A random Asian girl, he kinda looks like a perv :P
    And it’s not pervy to serially adopt young boys? ����*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Hahahaha, priceless
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Aside from the reboot and that one time she's made evil, Cass Cain's development was a straight line, right?

Say instead of a reboot, we continue where we left off, at Gates of Gotham. Now that Batman Incorporated is disbanded, where would she be physically, geographically and psychologically?

I know Snyder intended to use her to resuscitate Batman after fleeing the Labyrinth but was not allowed, thus he created Harper Row, so we know she'll be there at The Court of Owls and will definitely join the family fighting the Talons, but where would she stay? The Manor or does she have her own apartment?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I know Snyder intended to use her to resuscitate Batman after fleeing the Labyrinth but was not allowed, thus he created Harper Row, so we know she'll be there at The Court of Owls and will definitely join the family fighting the Talons, but where would she stay? The Manor or does she have her own apartment?
    She used to have her own apartment pre Flashpoint (I don't think she ever lived at the manor in that continuity), so I don't think she would have started in the new 52, even Tim didn't live at the manor post Flashpoint, and he was still a minor, opposed to Cassandra who turned iirc 18 relativity early in her solo series.

Geographically, I don't think the writers would have let her in Hongkong (where she was for Batman Inc.) permanently, they would have either moved her back to Gotham or to something near by (similar to Brurnside of Blüdheaven).
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-21-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    She used to have her own apartment pre Flashpoint (I don't think she ever lived at the manor in that continuity), so I don't think she would have started in the new 52, even Tim didn't live at the manor post Flashpoint, and he was still a minor, opposed to Cassandra who turned iirc 18 relativity early in her solo series.
    Oh wow, fandom really screws the perception. The way current Cass fans talk about her I thought she's been living in the Manor and happily adopted as Bruce's daughter

Speaking of which, the only mention of adoption I ever saw was the last page of her mini where Bruce said he wanted to adopt her, but followed by a shadow of Batman RIP on the wall. So has she ever been officially adopted (not that it matters but fandom likes to bring it up)? Because she's not in RIP, and the next thing I know she's shipped to Hong Kong.

Ultimate Member

A famous orphan taking in other orphans of crimes is more heart warming than perverted

Cass really has no civilian ID or life. A playboy showing up with an attractive young woman who, as best the media can tell, didn't exist until she suddenly appeared in Wayne Manor, would look odd, yes.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    […]
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me before of Flashpoint Cassandra was actually adopted by Bruce and she lived in the Wayne Manor. At least some days ago I read a story of 2003 where she actually lived with Bruce, I don't remember what story, but it was a story about the Jason Todd's death.

Are you Fredric Wertham?
    Anyway not, because the character of Robin was created (actually imposed by DC if I'm not wrong) to make the title Batman less gloomy and the story of the adoption was used only to justify the Robin's presence in the book. The serial adoptions were the consequences of the editorial choices to remove and reinstate Robin during the years.

Extraordinary Member

The way current Cass fans talk about her I thought she's been living in the Manor and happily adopted as Bruce's daughter
    From what I recall she was first living with Barbara, then when Batman placed her in her own Batcave (IIRC she wasn't able to keep up a civilian identity), then she moved to Blüdheaven with Tim, and then the OYL mess happend.
    I don't remember were she stayed between her "evil phase" and Hongkong.

She might have lived at the manor at some point, and I might just have forgotten about it, but that can't have been longer than just for a couple of issues.

Speaking of which, the only mention of adoption I ever saw was the last page of her mini where Bruce said he wanted to adopt her, but followed by a shadow of Batman RIP on the wall. So has she ever been officially adopted (not that it matters but fandom likes to bring it up)? Because she's not in RIP, and the next thing I know she's shipped to Hong Kong.
    No she was first in Batman and the Outsiders for a few issues, where it was confirmed that Bat