Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The JL team that Doomsday fought in the original story weren't exactly push overs either having defeated Despero and the Dominators. A guy whose only power was to hit hard and whose brain was so underevolved he didn't even have the ability of speech does not require only Superman to beat. The whole story was poorly handled with Kon-El and John Henry Irons being the only good things to come out of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Honestly...no. (well, the one body thing maybe, if Fusion existed in the DCU, but just everyone working together, no). That's always been the case, and that's why even in the earliest days of the Justice League writers struggled to find contrivances to put Superman out of action or otherwise occupied early so the rest of the team could shine.

You only have so many options with the League and Superman. One, you just don't have him on the team, period. Two, you nerf him in the verse. Three, you have him on the team but think up of said contrivances to have him AFK till a pivotal moment. For me, two is the only unacceptable option.
    Of course, the OTHER option is to follow MARVELs lead and not have any single character who is just ridiculously over powered
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The JL team that Doomsday fought in the original story weren't exactly push overs either having defeated Despero and the Dominators. A guy whose only power was to hit hard and whose brain was so underevolved he didn't even have the ability of speech does not require only Superman to beat.
    I would say it depends on how hard he is hitting you.

The comic book Dominators are just fancy pants Skrulls without even shape changing powers to make them dangerous. As for Despero, they LOST that fight until Jonn pulled some Martian mind-whammy. He said he could only do it once, and even if it had been an option how do you Brian twist a thing with so little brain?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The JL team that Doomsday fought in the original story weren't exactly push overs either having defeated Despero and the Dominators. A guy whose only power was to hit hard and whose brain was so underevolved he didn't even have the ability of speech does not require only Superman to beat.
    I would say it depends on how hard he is hitting you.

The comic book Dominators are just fancy pants Skrulls without even shape changing powers to make them dangerous. As for Despero, they LOST that fight until Jonn pulled some Martian mind-whammy. He said he could only do it once, and even if it had been an option how do you Brian twist a thing with so little brain?

Doomsday fight with Wonder Woman was fine it wasn't really a jobbing.The only person who got jobbed was Martian Manhunter and he got hilarious taken out of the picture. I kept waiting for JL to jump back in fight but this was a Superman movie and it was trying to accurate adapt the story where supes dies. In Justice League scenarios Wonder woman rejoins the fight at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGHuM1GYMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcxtO6mCsU
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-29-2018 at 02:45 AM.

ugh double post
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-29-2018 at 02:29 AM. Reason: doubling of the post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    When did Clark and Diana break up in the DCAU? How is he all the sudden with Lois?
    They don't really go into specifics, but their conversation while working out in the satellite implied Diana had difficulty adjusting to Clark's civilian life in their relationship. They admitted what they had was "nice" and left it at that.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Of course, the OTHER option is to follow MARVELs lead and not have any single character who is just ridiculously over powered
    Sure! Just look at all those Superman ripoffs Marvel has!

Just look at the MCU! Where Captain Marvel is apparently going to be pushing planets around and kicking Thanos' ass!

Yep! Good ol' Marvel! Home of power egalitarianism!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Double post.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Just look at the MCU! Where Captain Marvel is apparently going to be pushing planets around and kicking Thanos' ass!

Which is honestly not a good thing in my book. If she's so overpowered, Avengers-like movies will have a really hard time justifying the rest of the teams as anything else than cannon fodder. Plus, after Thanos, I can't see how they'll be able to develop massive-scale villains able to top him.

Which is honestly not a good thing in my book. If she's so overpowered, Avengers-like movies will have a really hard time justifying the rest of the teams as anything else than cannon fodder. Plus, after Thanos, I can't see how they'll be able to develop massive-scale villains able to top him.

Dude, you don't even have to wait for Captain Marvel to Mary Sue her way into AVENGERS 4 for a worthy example of an OP teammate in the MCU.

Post-IW Thor.

With his upgraded strength, speed, durability, natural lightning abilities, AND Stormbreaker (a major upgrade over Mjolnir) ...

MCU Odinson could solo the rest of the MCU Avengers without PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yep. If she was just going to be a short-term appearance, it may be okay. But Marvel's made it clear that she's going to be the new face of the MCU moving forward.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Double post.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-29-2018 at 03:54 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Dude, you don't even have to wait for Captain Marvel to Mary Sue her way into AVENGERS 4 for a worthy example of an OP teammate in the MCU.

Post-IW Thor.

With his upgraded strength, speed, durability, natural lightning abilities, AND Stormbreaker (a major upgrade over Mjolnir) ...

MCU Odinson could solo the rest of the MCU Avengers without PIS.
    Also very true. The mere fact that he effectively one-shotted an already-omnipotent Thanos is pretty much proof of that. If he HAD aimed for Thanos' head as Thanos suggested, the whole war would've ended with no major losses beyond Vision.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--