Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ray's talking about this like somebody's actually asking him to come back for any DC role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Or not everyone cares about being a movie star. Doesn't the fact that (at one point) he had everything to lose by speaking out but did so anyway actually make him more credible?

That said, the accusation on Hamada is that he's basically a corporate stooge. Which anyone who has seen how HR deals with complaints at big companies--wouldn't be surprised that they are more concerned about protecthing themselves. That's unfortunately how things kinda work and not as big as the accusations themselves.
    No. This would mean something if Fisher had credibility, but he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think there was merit to Whedon as it looks like he's getting blackballed and there were others who did speak up afterwards insinuating that Whedon has been toxic for years and been getting away with it but I think people will defend Hamada as he has been a very respected person in the past. Even in the article referencing Hamada's supposed responses I thought he remained professional.
    I said "not much," not "nothing." Given how weird some of the claims got and how Fisher seems to want to see people punished, it's hard to not to wonder if this has more to do with his ego and bruised pride then anything else.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Ray's talking about this like somebody's actually asking him to come back for any DC role.
    He was suppose to be in Flash. He's saying he's done . Honestly because of the optics they would probably still let him be in Flash if he shut up. And if real abuse comes out, then I'll applaud his bravery. As of right now he looks bad.

BANNED

Why does Ray Fisher story feel not as believable as Lenoard Roberts, the actors from NBC TV Heroes?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-12-17/leonard-roberts-ali-larter-heroes.

'Heroes' Actor Leonard Roberts Recounts Racism On Set In Open Letter
    He believes his white co-star didn't want to do intimate

I believe Roberts experience on the Heroes set was true. this actor has worked with Whedon before on Buffy.

Ray Fisher is another thing.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

All I can say is, Fisher's allegations conflict directly with decades of history of Whedon's actors saying good things about him (without prompting), choosing to work with him repeatedly, and going to parties and Shakespeare readings at his house. And all this long before Whedon was powerful enough in Hollywood that kissing his butt would reap any real benefits.

I really hope this isn't a case of an organized attack on behalf of Zack Snyder because he's butthurt at Whedon horning in on his movie.

Honestly he wasn’t even that good a cyborg. For the performance he gave anyone could have had that role and done as well.

As to his allegations it’s not so much what he’s saying it’s how he’s saying it; he’s just coming off as a whiny child.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Honestly he wasn’t even that good a cyborg. For the performance he gave anyone could have had that role and done as well.

As to his allegations it’s not so much what he’s saying it’s how he’s saying it; he’s just coming off as a whiny child.
    TBF, his performance isn't entirely his fault. That character was pretty generic as written. Perhaps we'll have a different perception from the Snyder cut.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    As a young black actor in a franchise movie playing a character (Cyborg) who was elevated to the Justice League in the comics specifically by Geoff Johns so that he could shed heat about restoring the white guy as the main GL in the culure, I see his point of view. Cyborg didn't have any big ticket going for him. The Zack Snyder movie was his big break.

I mean either he speaks now or he speaks decades later toiling like Leonard Roberts did (https://variety.com/2020/tv/features...er-1234854439/).

Or you know what John Boyega talked about with Star Wars.
    There is a DIFFERENCE

We all saw the TOXIC crap he got from fans for taking the role.

We know how much of a battel Abrams had to do to get him the role. John had to tryout more than anyone else.

We saw the mess John went through with Star Wars.

And Disney reached out to him.

John has work-2 movies and he was well received in Small Axe.

John has called out stuff we have been SEEING for years. Not just with him but Leslie Jones, Michael B Jordan, Eleven from Stranger Things and so many others.

Ray has NOT. Wheldon despite flaws like Johns have a track record of success.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    TBF, his performance isn't entirely his fault. That character was pretty generic as written. Perhaps we'll have a different perception from the Snyder cut.
    Aw, but I don’t -wanna- be fair. I wanna be like Ray Fisher and just keep saying dumb stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    fisher is just digging a deeper hole for himself,seemed to believe himself to be a bigger star than he actually is. now raging against the ceo of warners is just asking for them to drop him entirely on any furure project and put him on the blacklist for every film studios.
    Ha! Not likely. Wasn't JL his first movie? Why would you think he's unaware of hollyweird's "stardom hierarchy"?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Why does Ray Fisher story feel not as believable as Lenoard Roberts, the actors from NBC TV Heroes?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-12-17/leonard-roberts-ali-larter-heroes.

'Heroes' Actor Leonard Roberts Recounts Racism On Set In Open Letter
    He believes his white co-star didn't want to do intimate

I believe Roberts experience on the Heroes set was true. this actor has worked with Whedon before on Buffy.

Ray Fisher is another thing.
    Just curious, what correlation are you drawing between Roberts experience on heroes and him having worked with Whedon in the past?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Ha! Not likely. Wasn't JL his first movie? Why would you think he's unaware of hollyweird's "stardom hierarchy"?
    it's precisely his first film that he might think he's some hotshot talent and can shoot his mouth off at any 'perceived' slight towards him , that's immaturity for you. remember megan fox calling michael bay a tyrant and liken him to hitler after he brought her into stardom with transformers. different circumstances , same foot in mouth disease for outspoken young hollywood actors. people who has been around the block a few years will know when to speak out and when not to.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it's precisely his first film that he might think he's some hotshot talent and can shoot his mouth off at any 'perceived' slight towards him , that's immaturity for you. remember megan fox calling michael bay a tyrant and liken him to hitler after he brought her into stardom with transformers. different circumstances , same foot in mouth disease for outspoken young hollywood actors. people who has been around the block a few years will know when to speak out and when not to.
    To be fair we don't know what happened yet. I think Fisher needs to shut up until he can give actual details. Because from the very limited details we have.. he looks bad. But I'm hoping he's not dumb enough to explode his career because Whedon was a dick on set. We just don't know anything yet. There is still a chance info comes out and we all applaud ray for his bravery. I wouldn't bet money on that but yea my point is we don't know. It could be more wsy more then Whedon wasn't nice. Or it could be that exactly. Fisher was the heart of Justice League and got most of his stuff cut and his solo film cnacelled. He might blame Whedon for that and this is payback.

If there is more to it and he's vindicated. I applaud him for coming forward. If this is all because Whedon wasn't nice and cut his part... Well Fisher will reap what he sowed. Until he can talk details though he needs to stop talking about it.

Pretty well tired of this dude by now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El