Page 325 of 456 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean you do realize MoM was basically her HoM moment, right? It involves her sons, she goes missing and she does a multiversal feat in destroying all the Darkholds.
    I hope so, but doomers like me and MaximoffTrash no longer have much confidence that the MCU won't take her any lower. And that's all I'll say about that for now.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I mean you do realize MoM was basically her HoM moment, right? It involves her sons, she goes missing and she does a multiversal feat in destroying all the Darkholds.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I hope so, but doomers like me and MaximoffTrash no longer have much confidence that the MCU won't take her any lower. And that's all I'll say about that for now.
    I Agree with Galerion, but incluted to their observations it was also WandaVision a good bit to HoM & MoM was a good bit AD storyline as well and now if so, they finally did those stories and are finally done with them.

While I agree the MCU & Marvel Studios (Not Disney, I blame the studio at the center of it and Disney could be mad at them as well right now), I have lost abit of love for them thanks to MoM & other choices as well, but not enough to get me fully down yet.

They eyes of the World are now on Marvel Studios & their treatment of Wanda in MoM & they have gotten chewed out for it, the Writer, Director, Fiege, from the Media, Fans and maybe Even Disney itself would not surprise be either. Marvel Studios is on the board now for being called Sexist and Misogynist, a black eye they cannot hope to run away from or sweep under the rug and if they tried to go darker with Wanda, they just be hitting the final blow in these criticizes and might lose fans that like Wanda in and after MoM, which still is a Hell of allot.

They likely now must prove themselves they are not who they are being blamed for, they need to hit on their most popular character now with no excuses left of timing and covid and with the future of the MCU not in flux it seems they will need all the heavy sure firer hitters they can get.

This is not a guarantee by a longshot, just an observation of Hope that is what I am seeing and support for Wanda is still very high in the world.
    This is to give to you Gurkle & MaximoffTrash to know you are not alone in your pains and give you hope there is always hope out they’re not just for Wanda but for anyone that asks for a helping hand in their times of need, that is a big part of what we are here for my friends!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I get the impression you and I are both torn between wanting to see Wanda written out of the MCU permanently so we don't have to go through the agony of waiting to see if they'll screw her over (like the agony we went through over the last year) and wanting her to stay so we can at least see a less terrible ending to her story.

Fans of other superheroes, as we've said many times before, don't have to go through this. Wanda is... special.
    My take is just give her solo projects to finish off her own arc and then just let her peace out for good.
    I would certainly not like MoM as her final appearance, that being said, I would still loathe it if her next appearance is something like TCC.

Extraordinary Member

We are just glad there is one less wound in her corpse. We know what HoM writing looks like lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I think it is obvious that Wanda will be around for the multiversal war.

We don't really need mutants in the 616 for that crossover to happen. There is a multiversal war that is about to happen that is clearly inspired by Time Runs Out/Secret Wars.

In Secret Wars, the X-Men used the Phoenix Force as a weapon against the Ultimate universe during an incursion. I can see that being adapted into an Avengers vs X-Men movie down the line. An incursion happens between The 616-MCU and the X-Men MCU, Jean/Phoenix steps in to defend her reality and Wanda is the only person in the 616 that stands a chance against her.

The writers of Deadpool 3 recently hinted that the film is going to have a multiverse story. So that is what step to that crossover happening.
    Nobody can blame your enthusiasm about putting things together. I will be honest though. Im really a character reader if you can call it that. I don't care about the overall plot that much. It serves to have the characters doing something and having interactions. That's where the enjoyment comes from.
    For many others it's the other way around and the characters are only pieces to move the overall plot forward. There is no right or wrong here and therefore I don't really have an opinion on what you are proposing. It can happen or it doesn't. Im fine either way as long as I find the characters enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Loved this issue of her solo. Establishes herself now as a competent young woman with a don't push me attitude. Great choice to show and thanks for sharing.
    Agreed - now that Wanda has crossed these bridges (wether people dislike them or not) she has tools and knowledge at her disposal for a new trajectory and hopefully it is an exciting and one that's fulfilling to her fans and creates a great film (or trilogy of films) of her own that establish her as a hero and capable woman who can own her abilities with skill and confidence. As well as not letting anyone else control her or her abilities. Always enjoy your posts.
    I always aim to please
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't exactly say doomerism is my main position now.
    I am just in the final stage of separatism, which is minimalism for Wanda in terms of her next stories/developments.
    Basically I want one self-contained and satisfying arc for Wanda for her next appearances without any disturbances.
    Which is why I am firmly against any X-Men connection for MCU Wanda, I don't want any of MoM's aftermath like the Illuminati picked up, I want 838 Wanda fucking gone and ignoerd, just focus on her Chthonic story and nothing else. Her core cast along with some other related characters should be enough. I don't even want her to interact with other Avengers/mages anymore.

Loved this issue of her solo. Establishes herself now as a competent young woman with a don't push me attitude. Great choice to show and thanks for sharing.
    The Robinson Solo Run form 2015 is such a gem that IMO just gets better with Age with being one that Every Wanda fans needs to Read!

https://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Witch...ps%2C67&sr=8-2

Agreed - now that Wanda has crossed these bridges (wether people dislike them or not) she has tools and knowledge at her disposal for a new trajectory and hopefully it is an exciting and one that's fulfilling to her fans and creates a great film (or trilogy of films) of her own that establish her as a hero and capable woman who can own her abilities with skill and confidence. As well as not letting anyone else control her or her abilities. Always enjoy your posts.
    That is my hope as well, combine with the factor that what is being reviel that MoM did not give enough time to take into account the massive popularity of Wanda coming out of WandaVision and the reaction to MoM by critics that the MCU and Marvel Studios will now try to do more better by Wanda cause they have gone as far as they can go with her most darkest stories & they the MCU now needs a comeback to prove they care about Wanda, Women and the representation of Women respectful.

Despite everything negative in MoM, it still has not stopped Wanda's rise in popularity or desire of fans to want more and better for her, indeed I agree with you postive post Cubbyboo cause it can also be back-up by what is happening on the ground.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I like the black being made the primary color here with the red being the supporting color. Maybe it could do with a bit more simplicity though. All the details on the costume make it almost a bit busy.
    Loooooovvvveeeee this image. Omg.
    I am So Happy You Both Like it, it is indeed a Dynamic and Powerful Scarlet Witch Artwork, Thanks!

Red face

Scarlet Witch
    by dollybrownpigtails

https://www.deviantart.com/dollybrow...itch-920529410

Marvel Producer Hints at Scarlet Witch's MCU Future
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...BingNewsSearch

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    That's good. And I hope when she comes back, she's the hero she was in most of comics. And not yet another take on the Byrne/Bendis mess.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately that quote from the co-producer comes from an audio commentary track by him, Waldron and Raimi that is full of rage-making quotes that act like Wanda going evil is true to the comics or something the audience was just dying to see. Though Raimi, unsurprisingly, comes off smarter than the two younger guys.

I think the stereotype is true: an all-male creative team was just less likely to understand what was wrong with Disassembled/House of M. Schaeffer seemed instinctively to know why those stories were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    "If Doctor Strange is the anchor of the MCU of Phase 4, then Wanda Maximoff is the jewel in the crown."

Now that makes me happy to hear

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's good. And I hope when she comes back, she's the hero she was in most of comics. And not yet another take on the Byrne/Bendis mess.
    There actually a post on Reddit about that that is gaining traction fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...enger_or_as_a/
    "This is me being reasonable"

Unfortunately that quote from the co-producer comes from an audio commentary track by him, Waldron and Raimi that is full of rage-making quotes that act like Wanda going evil is true to the comics or something the audience was just dying to see. Though Raimi, unsurprisingly, comes off smarter than the two younger guys.

I think the stereotype is true: an all-male creative team was just less likely to understand what was wrong with Disassembled/House of M. Schaeffer seemed instinctively to know why those stories were bad.
    They are really overestimating how many people actually wanted to see this.

Extraordinary Member

"If Doctor Strange is the anchor of the MCU of Phase 4, then Wanda Maximoff is the jewel in the crown."

Now that makes me happy to hear

There actually a post on Reddit about that that is gaining traction fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...enger_or_as_a/
    A cracked jewel on a rusted crown I guess, they certainly have a weird way to show affection to her.