View Poll Results: Other than Catwoman, Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrea Beaumont

3 5.66%
  • orig. Batwoman (Kathy Kane, later Webb-Kane)

0 0%
  • Black Canary (Dinah Lance)

1 1.89%
  • Julie Madison

3 5.66%
  • Linda Page

0 0%
  • Nocturna (Natalia Knight)

0 0%
  • Poison Ivy

0 0%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

2 3.77%
  • Silver St. Cloud

8 15.09%
  • Talia al Ghul

16 30.19%
  • Vesper Fairchild

0 0%
  • Vicki Vale

7 13.21%
  • Wonder Woman (Diana)

1 1.89%
  • Zatanna

8 15.09%
  • Other (please state, but NOT Catwoman / Selina Kyle)

4 7.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Gonna say Talia insofar as you get the most material out of them but I don't consider her someone Bruce should ever be with long-term. She's always going to be the one that got away.

In terms of who he could actually make it work with from the given options? None. Some just would get lost in the shuffle of Bruce's life (Julie, likely Silver), others would probably compound on his problems and he wouldn't be able to deal with it or offer enough support to them (Andrea) and some are just not going to work out (Ivy).

In every example, Bruce is a problem either because he needs more support than those ladies can give or he can't offer the support they'd need. Selina works best because she's so fiercely independent that she can just get what she needs from him but be self-sufficient on her own.

Zee, Dinah and Diana are all hard passes from me.

Astonishing Member

I picked Silver St. Cloud simply because I feel she could have been the ideal woman for Bruce if he chose to lead a normal life. She symbolizes in many ways the kind of life he could have led if not for Batman. In that regard she's a successor to other 'normal' love interests dating all the way back to Julie Madison, but Englehart really explored the idea of Bruce being kept away from a normal relationship by Batman in depth for the first time.

But yeah, given how Bruce and Batman have been portrayed over the last few decades, its no wonder that Selina and Talia top the lists. Bruce really can't settle down with a normal woman who doesn't have some kind of tortured past or double-life. The days when he could realistically be engaged to someone like Julie or Silver are long gone...

Fantastic Member

Talia Al Ghul has a special effect on Bruce, not just because she's Damian's mother but because of who she is, herself.

Bruce himself, has never put Talia in jail, though he has had the chance on occasion. We've even seen him watch Selina be arrested (in the Devin Grayson series)

But Talia, after all she's done or been a party too, Ra's Al Ghul dropping an Ebola like virus on Gotham, breaking into the Justice League Watchtower and stealing Bruce's files, working as the CEO of Lexcorp and continuing Lex's schemes (before stabbing him in the back), She was one of the leaders of the Society when they dropped Chemo on Bludhaven, releasing Manbats on Gilbraltor. Talia is the definition of Femme Fatale.

But she was also raised to be indifferent to human suffering and doing the right thing, if its doesn't serve her own purposes. I think Bruce will always love Talia and always (on some level) mourn who she could have been. Talia was raised the same way Damian was, only when she was a child, there were no heroes capable of standing up to her Father.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I choose other - Lois Lane. I just want to see the reaction if that happens.
    Since everything is canon then Bruce not only has feelings for lois but they were once married.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Bold of you to say Catwoman's Batman's best love interest.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Amazing Member

I vote for Talia because she and Selina are the only one i can see having, with a lot of effort, a lasting relationship with Bruce. The other ones are just destined to be left behind his real true love :JUSTICE

His armada of Batmobiles. Playboys love their cars.

Silver was the one who'd fit into Bruce's life best, she just didn't want to deal with all the Bat-drama.
    It's worth mentioning that the original plan for Kim Bassinger in the 1989 movie was for her to play Silver, and I think a lot of Silver's traits still are there. Except for the photography job movie Vicki is more like Silver than comic Vicki. This is important since the movie brought Vicki to a new level of fan awareness and interest than she'd had before.

I think Talia is going to take this. Her prominence is up there with Selina Kyle.

It was a tough pick between Zatanna and Andrea Beaumont. I love Mask of the Phantasm, I think Andrea is one of the better executed 'evil Batman' archetypes. I love that Bruce was on the cusp of becoming Batman when he met Andrea and that threw off all his plans. I like that the heart break gives some weight and justification to Bruce not wanting to involved with anyone and being dedicated to his mission. I also like that Andrea has her own stories and is interesting in her own right and not just as a foil to Batman. She was obviously close to her mother, she talks at her grave, her father was an idiot who derailed her life yet she gave up everything to avenge him. The smoke teleportation and 'your angel of death awaits' and her theme music is cool as hell.

I like Zatanna and Bruce because it's different from the other love interests. They were childhood friends, she can handle herself in a fight and I like that they remained as friends even if no relationship came out of it which is unique among Batman's love interests and also feels like something that could happen in real life. Plus it side steps the whole temptress angle that most love interests occupy, even if Bruce retired and settled down with Zee, there would still be stuff from her world that would bother them, their lives wouldn't be normal.

Incredible Member

Julie Madison.jpg

Say what you will, I do like what Matt Wagner and Scott Snyder did with Julie Madison (the original "golden age" love interest).

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Julie Madison.jpg

Say what you will, I do like what Matt Wagner and Scott Snyder did with Julie Madison (the original "golden age" love interest).
    They really seemed to just re-use an old name for a new character . . .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It was a tough pick between Zatanna and Andrea Beaumont. I love Mask of the Phantasm, I think Andrea is one of the better executed 'evil Batman' archetypes. I love that Bruce was on the cusp of becoming Batman when he met Andrea and that threw off all his plans. I like that the heart break gives some weight and justification to Bruce not wanting to involved with anyone and being dedicated to his mission. I also like that Andrea has her own stories and is interesting in her own right and not just as a foil to Batman. She was obviously close to her mother, she talks at her grave, her father was an idiot who derailed her life yet she gave up everything to avenge him. The smoke teleportation and 'your angel of death awaits' and her theme music is cool as hell.
    Way more should be done with Andrea than there is. I'm kind of bummed that the premise of Batman/Catwoman is up my alley, but King will most likely execute it weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They really seemed to just re-use an old name for a new character . . .
    I miss Bruce's pipe

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Way more should be done with Andrea than there is. I'm kind of bummed that the premise of Batman/Catwoman is up my alley, but King will most likely execute it weird.

I miss Bruce's pipe
    That combined with checkered suit give him more personality than he currently has.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That combined with checkered suit give him more personality than he currently has.
    I know right?!

I can see why the older versions of him would have legions of women throwing themselves at him, but the modern one I'm just like 'why"?

Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne in B:TAS in full playboy mode, yeah, it wasn't hard to see why the ladies loved him. The latter versions though, not so much.