Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I totally understand. That's exactly right. Day to day right now. Keep us posted bud. It will get easier.
    Got the divorce hearing a week from today. I am going to try my best to just hold me breath and wish for the best.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Got the divorce hearing a week from today. I am going to try my best to just hold me breath and wish for the best.
    Day by day. Make that list. Do the things on it. Find somebody local to hear you out. One more step.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Day by day. Make that list. Do the things on it. Find somebody local to hear you out. One more step.
    That was the hardest part for me. Opening up to people REALLY close to me. It was also the most rewarding part afterwards. Sometimes you gotta trust people and they'll surprise you.

Incredible Member

Mental health (or the lack of it) is the subject of the weekly cover contest at my other favorite comics forum. The contest is almost identical to the one here, the only difference is over there the covers have to be at least 10 years old.

https://classiccomics.org/thread/746...-mental-health
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    Mental health (or the lack of it) is the subject of the weekly cover contest at my other favorite comics forum. The contest is almost identical to the one here, the only difference is over there the covers have to be at least 10 years old.

I had no idea this site was even around. I will check it out Thanks for the link
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post

Thanks for sharing.

This divorce $hit sucks the life out of me. Still cant believe I am going through it. She is making it very tough as well. Wont let me see my kids. I just want this over as fast as possible.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Boisterously Confused

Thanks for sharing.

This divorce $hit sucks the life out of me. Still cant believe I am going through it. She is making it very tough as well. Wont let me see my kids. I just want this over as fast as possible.
    Hang in there. One more step.

Well tomorrow morning is the divorce hearing. I'm very nervous, a bit frightened. Just say a prayer for me.

Boisterously Confused

Well tomorrow morning is the divorce hearing. I'm very nervous, a bit frightened. Just say a prayer for me.
    You can handle it. Just keep moving forward. Is there a friend or family member that can attend with you?

You can handle it. Just keep moving forward. Is there a friend or family member that can attend with you?
    It actually turned out ok.

Getting to see the kids tonight.

Boisterously Confused

It actually turned out ok.

Getting to see the kids tonight.
    Especially today, good news is good to hear. I'm very glad for you.

Boisterously Confused

Once upon a time, I was a soldier, as was my father before me, during the Vietnam (undeclared) War. My heart is breaking for those who fought in Afghanistan, and those left to face The Taliban. I don't claim the cause was just or wise, but it's tragic.

I post it here because it's ripping a hole in me. Forget the countries or the greedy monsters behind them. I'm grieving for those (however naive) that threw themselves into this war, believing they were fighting for something better. And for those who just happened to be in the way.

Once upon a time, I was a soldier, as was my father before me, during the Vietnam (undeclared) War. My heart is breaking for those who fought in Afghanistan, and those left to face The Taliban. I don't claim the cause was just or wise, but it's tragic.

I post it here because it's ripping a hole in me. Forget the countries or the greedy monsters behind them. I'm grieving for those (however naive) that threw themselves into this war, believing they were fighting for something better. And for those who just happened to be in the way.
    With all the talk of the Afgan people and who is to blame for what is going on there there is little to no talk of the men and women who served there and those who gave their lives and the families they left behind. it is the sad part of all of this and I cant even begin to imagine or pretend to know what you guys are going through.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Someone important to me has Covid. They're in a risky age category, they're very afraid, and there's nothing I can do to help.

Incredible Member

Someone important to me has Covid. They're in a risky age category, they're very afraid, and there's nothing I can do to help.
    You can listen. That does help.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org