Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Steph is a very fit woman...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I wonder how she managed to post this a month early! DC doesn't usually allow anything like that.

Where did you find the concept art?

Jen Bartel draws a very particular, beautiful female face - a bit reminiscent of Terry Dodson and of Emanuella Lupacchino. She hasn't done much interior art, but did draw the Future State Immortal Wonder Woman books, which looked great.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I wonder how she managed to post this a month early! DC doesn't usually allow anything like that.

Where did you find the concept art?

Jen Bartel draws a very particular, beautiful female face - a bit reminiscent of Terry Dodson and of Emanuella Lupacchino. She hasn't done much interior art, but did draw the Future State Immortal Wonder Woman books, which looked great.
    It was part of an Entertainment Weekly article showing the first four variants. Steph's is actually the LEAST thirsty of them, and I appreciate that, even though she does have quite emphasized cleavage.

https://ew.com/books/robins-comic-ti...vas-interview/

Absolutely getting this variant for sure, dunno about the others - might go with the main covers, since they all have Steph on them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was part of an Entertainment Weekly article showing the first four variants. Steph's is actually the LEAST thirsty of them, and I appreciate that, even though she does have quite emphasized cleavage.

https://ew.com/books/robins-comic-ti...vas-interview/

Absolutely getting this variant for sure, dunno about the others - might go with the main covers, since they all have Steph on them.
    Yeah. Stephanie's cover is the LEAST thirsty of them. She looks extremely beautiful, but there is not much sexualization.

Fans are putting all four covers in the same bag, but the level of fanservice in Stephanie's cover is quite subtle, especially if you compare it with Dick's cover.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-15-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. Stephanie's cover is the LEAST thirsty of them. She looks extremely beautiful, but there is not much sexualization.

Fans are putting all four covers in the same bag, but the level of fanservice in Stephanie's cover is quite subtle, especially if you compare it with Dick's cover.
    I'm so pleased with her cover, honestly. She looks strong and beautiful, and I hope that she gets a lot of love in the interior art and writing! Seeley seems to love her, at least!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

I'm so pleased with her cover, honestly. She looks strong and beautiful, and I hope that she gets a lot of love in the interior art and writing! Seeley seems to love her, at least!
    I must admit that I would like Stephanie's cover to be a little more thirsty (not Dick's cover level), so that it doesn't clash so much with the other three.

When you see all four covers together, Steph's cover really feels different.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I must admit that I would like Stephanie's cover to be a little more thirsty (not Dick's cover level), so that it doesn't clash so much with the other three.

When you see all four covers together, Steph's cover really feels different.
    But how often do you traditionally see male characters have the thirsty cover and a female characters not? Usually its the reverse.

Some cool Batgirls interviews dropping along with the Robins interview - https://www.gamesradar.com/batgirls-batman-115-dc/

Also, Conrad on twitter responded to some of my tweets talking a bit more about his view of Steph - https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...42608887341062

"She is not disingenuous— she’s quite on the sleeve… but— we’ve NEVER known someone with her kind of pain. This makes me care about her VERY much. Glad you appreciate that angle."

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...44514724552705

"To my mind, Cass has faced the greatest adversity, but is not emotionally aware in a way that informs her of those wounds— Conversely, Steph is a girl who is HYPER aware of normative culture— it’s a different process, in some ways less abstract, and crushing to folks who know."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

A strong Girl who do not need any guy to protect her

I mean, tight pants and top, cleavage, exposed abs...I'd say it's plenty thirsty, just in a classy way .

Incredible Member

Now we know how she was able to punch so hard!

https://www.cbr.com/dc-robins-work-out-variant-covers/

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Now we know how she was able to punch so hard!

https://www.cbr.com/dc-robins-work-out-variant-covers/
    It's a given .

Astonishing Member

Also, Conrad on twitter responded to some of my tweets talking a bit more about his view of Steph - https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...42608887341062

"She is not disingenuous— she’s quite on the sleeve… but— we’ve NEVER known someone with her kind of pain. This makes me care about her VERY much. Glad you appreciate that angle."

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...44514724552705

"To my mind, Cass has faced the greatest adversity, but is not emotionally aware in a way that informs her of those wounds— Conversely, Steph is a girl who is HYPER aware of normative culture— it’s a different process, in some ways less abstract, and crushing to folks who know."
    One question, the team hadn't mentioned the possibility of Stephanie getting a bat cowl, right?

I would like Stephanie to have a cowl if she will be one of the Batgirls.

One question, the team hadn't mentioned the possibility of Stephanie getting a bat cowl, right?

I would like Stephanie to have a cowl if she will be one of the Batgirls.
    I have not asked, but Conrad has been very responsive on twitter, if you want to ask! I would be more likely to ask if she can get a gold and not purple bat.

I have not asked, but Conrad has been very responsive on twitter, if you want to ask! I would be more likely to ask if she can get a gold and not purple bat.
    Isn't Gold more Duke's color these days?