Default What do you want Rip Hunter to be?

What's your favorite version or do you like the mishmash or do you have totally new ideas? Born in 20/21st century or from the future? Booster's son or not? Does he have a dead child? Does Bonnie Baxter exist? Is it even his real name?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since I don't know him, hearing the phrase "Booster's son" shoots up my interest more than just "Time Lord" because there are already other time-traveling heroes like Booster, the Flash family and the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Since I don't know him, hearing the phrase "Booster's son" shoots up my interest more than just "Time Lord" because there are already other time-traveling heroes like Booster, the Flash family and the Legion.
    I think for me the issue is he existed for a long time (though admittedly scarcely used) and had another history before being retconned to Booster's son. Also, he had far too many manipulative ways that were always "justified" which I loathe (and it reminds me of Batman). I also didn't like the setup. Booster being awesome is awesome. Saying what we saw didn't happen and him "stealing" credit for what we saw other heroes do really bugged me. But the stories were usually well-written and with good dramatic weight....On the other hand, there was that Batman crap where he, of course, knows everything. Hate BatGod.

Also really hate the "fixed point in time" bits, since there's never any rhyme or reason to them, just whatever hurts the most.

That title of Booster's was probably a pretty strong example of concepts I dislike that were well-executed. I mean, I did like some of the concepts, but not most.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 03-29-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Back to the original.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Back to the original.
    There was definitely some stuff I liked about the original (haven't read much, I admit). And him popping up in Booster's first series was really quite fun.

Another thing about him being Booster's son to me is that it does tie Booster to a certain type of stories - actively time-traveling all the time, basically. While there are some great stories, it does kinda limit Booster from interacting with his own Justice League crew, which is a negative for a lot of people. I have some other thoughts on this, but they're more appropriate to a Booster thread.

I like him being Booster's son but with his backstory still being relatively the same as his old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like him being Booster's son but with his backstory still being relatively the same as his old version.
    How would that work? I mean, would he not have the training for this all his life thing?

Older Michael's son for me. I also prefer the Earth 0 universe's fluid timestream/timeline/chain of events with certain solidified points throughout that you can't mess with without creating a damaging Butterfly Effect and each universe in the Multiverse having its very own fluid timestream/timeline/chain of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    How would that work? I mean, would he not have the training for this all his life thing?
    Well, probably most of his life into adulthood at the very least.