Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    If I remember correctly, Jason also had some tiny guest appearance in some Harley Quinn story (?). I only remember seeing a panel on Twitter showing an old Batman next to Nightwing and Red Hood - also old. I decided to ignore it because the thought was sad that Jason was already old enough to be a grandpa but still portrayed like a sidekick.
    It was in the Harley and Ivy story in DCs love is a battlefield issue. The Batfam appear in one of many flashbacks of Harley and Ivy recounting the 'good old days', I don't know if the rest of the Batfam are at grandfather/grandmother status just yet in that one but it is in the future and Bruce is depicted as older. Jason also showed up in Harley Quinn White Knight #5, though it's a quick, unmeaning appearance, nothing to pay attention to yet if people are waiting around for him.

I'm glad to see Roy is definitely back in Infinite Frontier, and regarding the name drop, honestly I'm just surprised that Roy and Jasons relationship is still being acknowledged at all, especially after quite a few reboots or soft reboots or whatever in between their short duration together. I mean, DC even had him let go of the trucker hat so they're clearly listening to what the fans want XD. Perhaps the Roy and Jason bromance was more popular than I had initially given it credit for? Or perhaps since Jason is a little more popular now than he was even back when New52 had started, it felt reasonable to keep that relationship thread going for future titles, just in case? Though truth be told, I'd rather see Roy either in his own title, or in a Green Arrow title that could rebuild his relationship with Ollie a little more. The Arrowfam needs a little TLC.

Also I haven't seen anyone mention the Infinite Frontier group shot poster, I saw people mention that Red Hood was on the image but couldn't spot him for a good minute. My eyes were roaming all the little characters in the background, I'm so used to being on the lookout for Red Hood within the background of these kinds of shots that I absolutely missed him being right in the front this time. XD
    Though I suppose the lack of an actual 'Red Hood' on his outfit didn't help the search. Seriously can we get the helmet back now?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It was in the Harley and Ivy story in DCs love is a battlefield issue. The Batfam appear in one of many flashbacks of Harley and Ivy recounting the 'good old days', I don't know if the rest of the Batfam are at grandfather/grandmother status just yet in that one but it is in the future and Bruce is depicted as older. Jason also showed up in Harley Quinn White Knight #5, though it's a quick, unmeaning appearance, nothing to pay attention to yet if people are waiting around for him.

I'm glad to see Roy is definitely back in Infinite Frontier, and regarding the name drop, honestly I'm just surprised that Roy and Jasons relationship is still being acknowledged at all, especially after quite a few reboots or soft reboots or whatever in between their short duration together. I mean, DC even had him let go of the trucker hat so they're clearly listening to what the fans want XD. Perhaps the Roy and Jason bromance was more popular than I had initially given it credit for? Or perhaps since Jason is a little more popular now than he was even back when New52 had started, it felt reasonable to keep that relationship thread going for future titles, just in case? Though truth be told, I'd rather see Roy either in his own title, or in a Green Arrow title that could rebuild his relationship with Ollie a little more. The Arrowfam needs a little TLC.

Also I haven't seen anyone mention the Infinite Frontier group shot poster, I saw people mention that Red Hood was on the image but couldn't spot him for a good minute. My eyes were roaming all the little characters in the background, I'm so used to being on the lookout for Red Hood within the background of these kinds of shots that I absolutely missed him being right in the front this time. XD
    Though I suppose the lack of an actual 'Red Hood' on his outfit didn't help the search. Seriously can we get the helmet back now?
    Roy and Jason's friendship is quite popular. It probably helps that Dick's popular and wellknown bestie is Wally, not Roy, since Outsiders; and Donna isn't with Roy anymore, even if they work together. They need a strong connection for Roy with other corners of the DCU; Jason needs friends that connect him with the DCU; they were a liked dynamic and even with mature, pre-New 52 Roy, the dynamic has potential; and Roy has issues with Oliver that kind of... adjoin with Jason's own with Bruce.

I guess that's why it has carried.

I had the same problem* with the group picture: was looking for Jason in the far background, to then realize he was in a prominent place (as much as Dick's) in the foreground. Took me a few minutes to realize about it. It was sweet.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-04-2021 at 11:04 AM.

All-New Member

I had the exact same problem with the group picture �� and I showed it to a friend who likes Jason as well and he also had the same problem

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Oh good, I wasn't the only one who couldn't find Jason in the group picture at first.
    In everybody's defence though: The angle is weird.

And of course, the Trinity is in the center. *sigh*
    And of course, the list of titles is overcrowded with IPs that have existed for decades. *sigh*

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I've glanced over the IF issue.
    I have a hunch, a bad one.
    spoilers:
    So you know how Roy says "or... Jason?" And then he seems like none* of them* would believe his story? When some of his close ones (specially Jason, I mean) have already died and came back (specially if he remembers all the different timelines)?

Doesn't that sound like Roy not remembering Jason coming back and the new 52 timeline to anyone else?
    end of spoilers

Maybe I'm just pessimistic because I've had a tough day.
    The funniest part is all three that he mentioned have been dead and came back to life, now that everyone remembers their past canon

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The funniest part is all three that he mentioned have been dead and came back to life, now that everyone remembers their past canon
    Yeah. And Donna died several times, right? But Jason shares the mistery with him. I guess we just have to look other place instead and not give that nonsense too much of a thought. Comics.

Yeah. And Donna died several times, right? But Jason shares the mistery with him. I guess we just have to look other place instead and not give that nonsense too much of a thought. Comics.
    Not several, just one. But doesn't make any sense for him to think they would not understand.

Donna and Jason died and came back, Dick saw a bunch of people do the same. Oliver Queen died and came back.

It's just a excuse for him to be off the grid for a while.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not several, just one. But doesn't make any sense for him to think they would not understand.

Donna and Jason died and came back, Dick saw a bunch of people do the same. Oliver Queen died and came back.

It's just a excuse for him to be off the grid for a while.
    Yeah, it feels a bit forced. But I'll let it pass for the sake of whatever story they need to tell.

Yeah, it feels a bit forced. But I'll let it pass for the sake of whatever story they need to tell.
    Jason had "Under the Red Hood". Roy will have, "Under the Red Arse."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

EvvjhR6U8AA1WNC.jpg
    Batman Urban Legends #1

Amazing Member

EvvjhR6U8AA1WNC.jpg
    Batman Urban Legends #1
    I’m hyped!!

The page featuring the creator credits was also released and I noticed that along with Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira who are credited as the artists, Marcus To is also credited, specifically as the flashback artist.

I wonder if that means we'll end up with some Robin Jason flashbacks in the story.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

EvvjhR6U8AA1WNC.jpg
    Batman Urban Legends #1
    Is like I'm back in 2005. Sigh.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

EvvjhR6U8AA1WNC.jpg
    Batman Urban Legends #1
    Is like I'm back in 2005. Sigh.

EvvjhR6U8AA1WNC.jpg