Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

So I'm guessing the 79 Spider-Woman cartoon is more popular than they were expecting bc they keep tweeting about it. This is good.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    So I'm guessing the 79 Spider-Woman cartoon is more popular than they were expecting bc they keep tweeting about it. This is good.
    Would be cool if she got a new animated series on D+

That would be FANTASTIC.

And for all you Classic Spider-Woman fans, Marvel is FINALLY releasing Spider-Woman Masterworks Vol. 2 which collects Spider-Woman vol. 1 issues 9-25. You can pre-order on Amazon now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Would be cool if she got a new animated series on D+
    Yes, extremely cool, and also fantastic, like Seren said, as well as amazing, astonishing, incredible, sensational, and spectacular. Perhaps even uncanny, if you take into account the early comics' output.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That would be FANTASTIC.

And for all you Classic Spider-Woman fans, Marvel is FINALLY releasing Spider-Woman Masterworks Vol. 2 which collects Spider-Woman vol. 1 issues 9-25. You can pre-order on Amazon now.
    Good news.

But I'm still waiting for an Epic Collection.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...h-spider-woman

I didn’t know Hopeless wasn’t his last name. Nice article about his run.

there are people tweeting about it? Neat.

Astonishing Member

That would be FANTASTIC.

Not the best cover out of that run, but it's obvious why they selected it. The story itself was also a disappointment in that Jess's powers were just beginning to wane (Claremont woudl address and fix this problem in his very first issue). I don't think Gruenwald's stories were as strong as Wolfman's --and what follow is worse up until Steve Leiloha comes on board. But this volume still has a few good moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...h-spider-woman

I didn’t know Hopeless wasn’t his last name. Nice article about his run.
    Coincidentally I'm just re-reading this run now. So fun. I love how Hallum describes the Jess/Roger relationship as organic. It fits. It's sweet. They're sweet. This is definitely one of my top 20 runs of comics and always great fun to come back to.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Coincidentally I'm just re-reading this run now. So fun. I love how Hallum describes the Jess/Roger relationship as organic. It fits. It's sweet. They're sweet. This is definitely one of my top 20 runs of comics and always great fun to come back to.
    Re-read it quite a lot. Have all the issues and the complete trade. One of my favorite of all time. Dennis did a great job all around. Being a Porcupine fan I was thrilled what he did with Roger the entire run. Very few writers can take a nobody like that and not only make him relevant, but turn him into a hero as well. He brought him from the clutches of death. He slowly developed a romance between Jess and him that culminated at the conclusion. It had a very happy ending. I just hope the current run has room for Roger and Gerry somewhere down the road as more than just cameo appearances.

Spider-Woman #1 was March's bestselling comic book in the direct market.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/be...rvel-dc-image/

Jess by Tom Grummett...

tom grummett sw.jpg

Jess by Cary Nord...

cary nord spider woman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Spider-Woman #1 was March's bestselling comic book in the direct market.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/be...rvel-dc-image/
    What a nice surprise!

I'm thrilled. I know it had a boat load of Variants to go with it (of which I bought most of) but I was still thinking other comics would beat it. I am so happy to be wrong.