Page 309 of 357 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5343
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    That entirely depends on the cat, though. Cats choose their people.
    Yeah, but we have a writer that likes them both. The cats are going to also like Rogue.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Imo, most complaints regarding Remy is justifiable and warranted, considering how he has been handled by Marvel for the past couple of years so I have nothing against those people voicing their concerns. What bugs me are the people who try to nitpick about every damn thing and I mean EVERYTHING, from Rogue’s name appearing first in “Rogue & Gambit”, to Rogue playfully pushing Remy’s face away in R&G #1; these I find absolutely annoying and ridiculous. You don’t have to be a fan of both characters but if those two even sharing a page bother you that much, then just stay away from any book with them in it??
    Despite being much more of a Gambit fan than a Rogue fan (although I love her as well), I prefer it that way. I think it just flows much better as “Rogue & Gambit” than “Gambit & Rogue.”
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Billing is just who's the top seller. Ladies should come first but this because Rogue has bigger name right now. In the 90s it was definitely "Gambit and Rogue". Now it's the reverse... Why should it matter?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

It doesn’t. That’s my point. Go with what flows better, like how in Daredevil Matt went with Nelson & Murdock because it sounds better than Murdock & Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Both Rogue and Gambit get a cameo in Amazing Spiderman #1.
    HTTP://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-1-preview/
    Wonder why the 2 of them are working with the Avengers? (You see Jean Grey and Old Man Logan there, too.)
    I wonder if this will be the first acknowledgment of the marriage outside the X-Books?
    Saw this and I'm intrigued! Could be the Avengers are called in to help or the Red team, maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Billing is just who's the top seller. Ladies should come first but this because Rogue has bigger name right now. In the 90s it was definitely "Gambit and Rogue". Now it's the reverse... Why should it matter?
    Exactly, it shouldn't. I like it both ways. I say change it up now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't understand the haters. if they weren't together Mr & Mrs X would not exist. their relationship is giving them spotlight and development not sucking it.

if Gambit or Rogue only fans feel their character is being wasted they aren't considering that the characters cold be in limbo without marvel pushing the relationship right now. It's something to be grateful not angry.
    If the options are limbo or Gambit being an appendage to Rogue, I chose limbo. Sorry I generally read this thread for any Gambit news without commenting but since you guys are commenting how fans like me feel, I felt obligated to share those feelings.

And for the record, I love XTAS Romy because in the end Rogue was always there for Gambit despite the drama. 616 Rogue has been absolutely terrible for Gambit hence the displeasure. That is obviously down to the writers and editorial but in the end, it is why some Gambit fans dislike 616 Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Imo, most complaints regarding Remy is justifiable and warranted, considering how he has been handled by Marvel for the past couple of years so I have nothing against those people voicing their concerns. What bugs me are the people who try to nitpick about every damn thing and I mean EVERYTHING, from Rogue’s name appearing first in “Rogue & Gambit”, to Rogue playfully pushing Remy’s face away in R&G #1; these I find absolutely annoying and ridiculous. You don’t have to be a fan of both characters but if those two even sharing a page bother you that much, then just stay away from any book with them in it??
    Don't think any actually cares about the name. As for the push, think context is in order. Once the dialogue was released, most of us were upset with Gambit coming off as a lecherous tool who couldn't take no for an answer and then had to be pushed away by Rogue. Particularly in this #MeToo environment, Gambit's constant pursuit of Rogue felt very inappropriate. There comes a point when a woman tells you no enough times that you should just drop it. Having said that, don't want to rehash the whole argument in a Romy appreciation thread but wanted to clarify since I feel things are being misrepresented somewhat.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-06-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Don't think any actually cares about the name. As for the push, think context is in order. Once the dialogue was released, most of us were upset with Gambit coming off as a lecherous tool who couldn't take no for an answer and then had to be pushed away by Rogue. Particularly in this #MeToo environment, Gambit's constant pursuit of Rogue felt very inappropriate. There comes a point when a woman tells you no enough times that you should just drop it. Having said that, don't want to rehash the whole argument in a Romy appreciation thread but wanted to clarify since I feel things are being misrepresented somewhat.
    Given their history that is a strange criticism...especially from a fan of XTAS Romy. But to each their own. I will be glad to see that aspect of their relationship gone. While I enjoy romance plots with "will they/won't they" where one person wins over another despite the second person's fear and doubts, Marvel had over played that card quite a bit since the 90's teasing the fans with Romy. But that could be said for almost any Marvel romance since the whole OMD debacle.

If the options are limbo or Gambit being an appendage to Rogue, I chose limbo. Sorry I generally read this thread for any Gambit news without commenting but since you guys are commenting how fans like me feel, I felt obligated to share those feelings.

And for the record, I love XTAS Romy because in the end Rogue was always there for Gambit despite the drama. 616 Rogue has been absolutely terrible for Gambit hence the displeasure. That is obviously down to the writers and editorial but in the end, it is why some Gambit fans dislike 616 Rogue.

I mean, obviously these things are in the eye of the beholder and I don't want to rehash any of this stuff again either, but I think saying he's being treated as an appendage is over the top especially if you loved XTAS. Their dynamic lately has been closer to XTAS and the early 90's than it has in years.

And as a woman who very much supports the #Me too movement, I didn't find the Danger room sequence out of line at all. I had a lot more problems with is his behavior in ANXF in that regard actually. It's all about context and I'd be happy to elaborate, but again no reason to retread old arguments.

We can say to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Given their history that is a strange criticism...especially from a fan of XTAS Romy. But to each their own. I will be glad to see that aspect of their relationship gone. While I enjoy romance plots with "will they/won't they" where one person wins over another despite the second person's fear and doubts, Marvel had over played that card quite a bit since the 90's teasing the fans with Romy. But that could be said for almost any Marvel romance since the whole OMD debacle.
    The difference with X-TAS Romy is that it was a different era and one never got the sense that Rogue actually meant it. It was playful and a part of their courtship and there was always an indication that Rogue was in fact open to that courtship despite her claiming otherwise.

The issue with the current dynamic is again the #MeToo environment and the fact it wasn't really playful. That was clear in AXM with Soule and it was clear in R&G because she said so to Kitty afterwoods. She was not enthused about the trip at all. People just accepted it not because Rogue did something in the story to suggest she wanted to be with Gambit but because we knew that was the ultimate goal of the mini and because of their history. However, in story, in that moment, if you read the dialogue, it was clear Rogue was incredibly uncomfortable with Gambit's advances in a way XTAS Rogue never exhibited.

I would agree that may be true of other relationships but since I mainly read Gambit, I am not as familiar with nor do I care about other relationships so can't comment in more detail.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    YES. As if anything about Remy's personality and past inclinations indicate he would be into a submissive pushover of a woman (ummm, hello . . . Belladonna, Joelle, Joanna) or that he would be petty and unforgiving about anyone's past mistakes or be a complete shovinist about having some kind of dominance over his girlfriend/wife. None of that tracks with how he's been written. So it really comes down to just hating on Rogue and it's ridiculous.
    I don't think hardcore Remy fans want Rogue to be submissive/a pushover and I'm sure most know he wouldn't be in to that. I think what ticked off many of them (me included) is that for years Rogue has been written as constantly pushing Remy away or running away from Remy. I know she has her reasons considering their past and her insecurities, but the relationship just seemed so incredibly one-sided. I know Remy loves her more than anything but even the most devoted passionately in love person eventually falls out of love because of that. Yes, Remy has his faults and has definitely made mistakes in their relationship, but these have been addressed in various canon moments in the comics so both Remy and Rogue should've moved past this years ago. Then Remy has a great mature moment with his "harbor" speech to Rogue in Xmen Legacy, which was conveniently ignored by Soule in Astonishing and even KT in R&G #1, where he lets Rogue know he's done with the will they/won't they angst and is committed to her. Almost immediately after Rogue sleeps with Magneto and begins a relationship with him. I never would've had an issue with the Rogneto pairing if Mike Carey had written some dialogue or thought bubbles explaining Rogue's thought processes for choosing Mags. Especially considering she knew his role in Antarctica and the rest of his shady/villain past. KT even brings up in R&G #3 how Antarctica was the root of all their issues but doesn't address Mags. I've never had any issues with Rogue's decision to not be with Remy and I actually think she was in the right to make the decision to explore other men, but I would've really liked KT to explain Rogue's decision to be with Mags instead of just leaving it as a plothole. I don't know if this will ever be addressed.

Nevertheless I am very glad Gambit and Rogue are in KT's hands since she clearly loves both of them and I wouldn't want either of them to go into limbo. I do love how she has developed both characters, more so Rogue but I think she'll develop Remy too in the Mr and Mrs. X. The fact that she's done her homework on continuity and has a grasp for both's personality is huge for me. So I'm extremely excited to see where she goes with them in Mr and Mrs X (I'll be buying all issues) but I can see why some Remy fans are apprehensive or aren't particularly fond of Rogue considering what's happened in the past. However I'm sure KT has the potential to win them over, she's already won me over.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 07-06-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean, obviously these things are in the eye of the beholder and I don't want to rehash any of this stuff again either, but I think saying he's being treated as an appendage is over the top especially if you loved XTAS. Their dynamic lately has been closer to XTAS and the early 90's than it has in years.

And as a woman who very much supports the #Me too movement, I didn't find the Danger room sequence out of line at all. I had a lot more problems with is his behavior in ANXF in that regard actually. It's all about context and I'd be happy to elaborate, but again no reason to retread old arguments.

We can say to each their own.
    I will respond in the Gambit thread if you are interested as don't want to detract from what is an appreciation thread.

Spectacular Member

I already posted this in the Gambit thread but it's definitely relevant to this thread as well. In this podcast, http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/04...cionably-sexy/, starting at the 46 minute mark listen to what Kelly Thompson thinks of Rogneto if you're interested in listening to her perspective. She basically agrees with a lot of our sentiments in that it wasn't developed properly and we never hear Rogue's reasoning for pursuing a relationship with Mags. I just wish she would've somehow addressed this in the mini to put everything regarding Rogneto to rest.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 07-06-2018 at 02:53 PM.

I will respond in the Gambit thread if you are interested as don't want to detract from what is an appreciation thread.
    Forgive me but this is classy AF

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    It doesn’t. That’s my point. Go with what flows better, like how in Daredevil Matt went with Nelson & Murdock because it sounds better than Murdock & Nelson.
    I apologize in advance for this post. It's possibly the nerdiest thing I have ever done.

Rogue and Gambit is more metrically balanced than Gambit and Rogue. In the first, you have alternating stressed and unstressed syllables. In the second, it's stressed, unstressed, unstressed, stressed. As a result, the first has better, more consistent rhythm.

And I can't believe I have spent part of my Friday night diagramming the metrics of X-Men names.

I dunno why Nelson & Murdock sounds better, though. I suspect it has to do with the [k] stop at the end of Murdock.