Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

As long as they keep the costume, powers, strength of character, and red hair, I'm good with a recasting .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as they keep the costume, powers, strength of character, and red hair, I'm good with a recasting .
    Same here!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll co-sign. I hope they don't throw Mera out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    (Cough)Put a shirt on(Cough).

Anybody get around the today's issue yet?

I did! I liked it but it also felt very much like a prelude to the Jackson two parter.

Also, it looks like the guy writing that is sticking around after the arc. Wonder if KSD is already done or just taking a break with everything going on. We'll see Arthur and Jackson dealing with Xebel and the Trench! https://twitter.com/AquamanUniverse/...832502274?s=20

Whale Watch in Giant #4 was great! Cecil Castellucci could do a hell of an Aquaman/Mera book.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Whale Watch in Giant #4 was great! Cecil Castellucci could do a hell of an Aquaman/Mera book.
    What an embarrassment of riches we have where we have some great contenders in writing and art cropping up in the Giants, but I don't want to lose KSD/Rocha on the main book.

Good time to be an Aquafan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    the blue suit was pretty stream lined

The job done in reimagining the suit in Deep Dives issue 6 was phenomenal
    CE9F0622-3962-4DF7-8457-EDEB33A7975D.jpgCE9F0622-3962-4DF7-8457-EDEB33A7975D.jpg

Only thing I might of done different was change the black to a very dark blue. But it’s cool in a way if you think shades of water and the idea that you can’t visibly see at the depth of the ocean so it’s black.

I might have also done something different with the belt making it resemble waves instead of the classic “A” belt but overall the redesign is great

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The job done in reimagining the suit in Deep Dives issue 6 was phenomenal
    CE9F0622-3962-4DF7-8457-EDEB33A7975D.jpgCE9F0622-3962-4DF7-8457-EDEB33A7975D.jpg

Only thing I might of done different was change the black to a very dark blue. But it’s cool in a way if you think shades of water and the idea that you can’t visibly see at the depth of the ocean so it’s black.

I might have also done something different with the belt making it resemble waves instead of the classic “A” belt but overall the redesign is great
    I loved it, though I agree a dark blue would be stronger visually than black.

The "A" is the symbol of Atlantis, so I think he does need that buckle (even if he's out cowboyinn' it and doesn't seem to bother with Atlantis as much as he should but hey).

Man, DEEP DIVES has been full of strong material.

BANNED

I could live with the belt if anything it’s trademark and people see the A and think Aquaman

But yeah that reimagined suit was great it was funny to me having a discussion about it and then seeing it pop up. I liked the return of the shark fins on the legs as well, they brought the suit back and made it look pretty aggressive.

I wouldn’t mind the creative team taking over when KSD eventually goes. They’re reintroduction of Kordax and Noble was awesome as well and the whole TP moment against Kordax I felt like I was reading a modern day PAD Aquaman story. Orlando did an excellent job. Hell Deep Dives as a whole has been really great.

I could live with the belt if anything it’s trademark and people see the A and think Aquaman
    Agree. If anything i used to like the colors of the blue suit, but it never felt like AQUAMAN. With that belt tying it together, NOW it feels like an 'Aquaman' Variant.

But yeah that reimagined suit was great it was funny to me having a discussion about it and then seeing it pop up. I liked the return of the shark fins on the legs as well, they brought the suit back and made it look pretty aggressive.

Did he lose the leg fins somewhere? It's been a while since I've seen a clear picture of his legs... But I always loved the fins. Not sure if they were officially his costume or his legs... but they were a pretty clear point that he wasn't 'quite human'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agree. If anything i used to like the colors of the blue suit, but it never felt like AQUAMAN. With that belt tying it together, NOW it feels like an 'Aquaman' Variant.

Did he lose the leg fins somewhere? It's been a while since I've seen a clear picture of his legs... But I always loved the fins. Not sure if they were officially his costume or his legs... but they were a pretty clear point that he wasn't 'quite human'.
    Aquaman at one point had the fins on the back of his legs naturally. I prefer it as just a suit design myself lol. I don’t mind the gills the Atlanteans have in Young Justice to distinguish them