Page 254 of 294 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Two are brought over, but oddly Sarada doesn’t see any of the Bedlam’s.
    Their orders were brought over quickly, but the frown that appeared on Sarada's face persisted. She didn't see Macey anywhere. In fact, she didn't see that thot, her father, or either of her brothers.

As Mais happily drank his milkshake, she called someone over. "Hey, where are Brutus and his kids?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Their orders were brought over quickly, but the frown that appeared on Sarada's face persisted. She didn't see Macey anywhere. In fact, she didn't see that thot, her father, or either of her brothers.

As Mais happily drank his milkshake, she called someone over. "Hey, where are Brutus and his kids?"
    OT:

Did I ever name the two sons? I can’t seem to find if I did or not.

IC:

The older male waiter stops by and sighs a bit.

“Mr. Bedlam and his children are currently.....sparring...... with his brother, Barlon.”

He eyes her.

“Would you like directions?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

Did I ever name the two sons? I can’t seem to find if I did or not.

IC:

The older male waiter stops by and sighs a bit.

“Mr. Bedlam and his children are currently.....sparring...... with his brother, Barlon.”

He eyes her.

“Would you like directions?”
    Sarada wasn't aware that Brutus had a brother. I recall Bedlam being a grappler. Watching him spar would be good for Mais. Plus it'll be easier to get my revenge on that whore away from the restaurant.

"Sure thing. Been a while since I've seen him or his folks."

OOC: Cheesy and Alfredo. Think you only mentioned them by name once.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Turning to look at him, Cyanna's hands and eyes glow as she speaks, "You have one last chance to give up. Turn yourself in and you will be spared, run and you will be destroyed."
    " How about I do this instead!" Zerx said.

Zerx shapeshifts into a monstrous creature and grabs Araxat with his tongue ." Now you all stay back, or this old woman gets it," Zerx said.

" I thought I was doing good, but It now I realize I have been deceived by a wicked being. Who played around with my emotions, and twisted my goal!" Araxat said.

My goal when I came here long ago from my home planet Amperior was to help the two races on this planet. However, you twist that into something vile. You made me cause so much suffering that I can not take back!" Araxat said.

Zerx stares at Araxat and grins." Hey, you better tell them I mean business," Zerx said.

" Do you think I'm afraid of you because I'm not. I seen power sources similar to yours, and I know how to utilize them to my advantage!" Araxat said.

Araxat slams her mechanical hand on Zerx head and sends a pulse of energy throughout Zerx's body. At first, the energy doesn't seem to do anything. " Huh, whatever it was you were trying to do. It didn't work," Zerx said.

Araxat says nothing as Zerx's tongue suddenly disintegrates, causing Araxat to drop to the ground." You bitch, What in the hell did you do?" Zerx said.

" Simple, I reverse the flow of the energy from your power source by introducing a counter frequency. Which changed the wavelength of your power source. Which reverse the flow of energy from you power source!" Araxat said.

Zerx starts going through various forms as he screams." Dammit, this can't happen to me!" Zerx said.

One of the forms is that of a fey looking creature with horns and burnt butterfly wings. Suddenly what appears to be a tiny parasitic looking creature shoots out of the forehead. The parasitic looking creature lands on the ground." This isn't fun, this isn't fun at all," Zerx said.

" Don't you bastards dare look down on me, I'm superior. You are all my playthings!" Zerx scream.

Praxat picks him up." Wow, this is just sad. Cyanna, do we have anything to put this thing in?" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " How about I do this instead!" Zerx said.

Zerx shapeshifts into a monstrous creature and grabs Araxat with his tongue ." Now you all stay back, or this old woman gets it," Zerx said.

" I thought I was doing good, but It now I realize I have been deceived by a wicked being. Who played around with my emotions, and twisted my goal!" Araxat said.

My goal when I came here long ago from my home planet Amperior was to help the two races on this planet. However, you twist that into something vile. You made me cause so much suffering that I can not take back!" Araxat said.

Zerx stares at Araxat and grins." Hey, you better tell them I mean business," Zerx said.

" Do you think I'm afraid of you because I'm not. I seen power sources similar to yours, and I know how to utilize them to my advantage!" Araxat said.

Araxat slams her mechanical hand on Zerx head and sends a pulse of energy throughout Zerx's body. At first, the energy doesn't seem to do anything. " Huh, whatever it was you were trying to do. It didn't work," Zerx said.

Araxat says nothing as Zerx's tongue suddenly disintegrates, causing Araxat to drop to the ground." You bitch, What in the hell did you do?" Zerx said.

" Simple, I reverse the flow of the energy from your power source by introducing a counter frequency. Which changed the wavelength of your power source. Which reverse the flow of energy from you power source!" Araxat said.

Zerx starts going through various forms as he screams." Dammit, this can't happen to me!" Zerx said.

One of the forms is that of a fey looking creature with horns and burnt butterfly wings. Suddenly what appears to be a tiny parasitic looking creature shoots out of the forehead. The parasitic looking creature lands on the ground." This isn't fun, this isn't fun at all," Zerx said.

" Don't you bastards dare look down on me, I'm superior. You are all my playthings!" Zerx scream.

Praxat picks him up." Wow, this is just sad. Cyanna, do we have anything to put this thing in?" Praxat said.
    Tilting her head slightly to get a good look at him, "Wow," then back to Praxat, "Yeah, I think I do." With that, she pulled out her Staff and held it close to him, the Magicite crystal within begins to glow. As it does, a beam of light magic envelopes Zerx, then, like a tractor beam drags him within the Staff.

Holding the staff up, she collapses it back to it's shorter, more portable form then places it back in it's holster. "That should hold him."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Tilting her head slightly to get a good look at him, "Wow," then back to Praxat, "Yeah, I think I do." With that, she pulled out her Staff and held it close to him, the Magicite crystal within begins to glow. As it does, a beam of light magic envelopes Zerx, then, like a tractor beam drags him within the Staff.

Holding the staff up, she collapses it back to it's shorter, more portable form then places it back in it's holster. "That should hold him."
    " Yeah, that will do. Hmm, that last form that Zerx took before he turned into that thing. Cyanna, I believe You, and I seen it before," Praxat said.

" You both have. As that was the spitting image of Zerxes. Who both saw an illustration of in the Book of Aome," Althena said.

Praxat thinks about both the names and puts two and two together. " I got it, this Zerxes who is sealed away somewhere on Qaceria is the creator of that vile creature Zerx. Instinctively Zerx was probably attempting to free his creator!" Praxat said.

" Praxat, I know you, and your friends much loathe me for the suffering I caused, and I don't blame you. However, before I turn myself in. There's something I want to show you all. Something I found buried deep underneath this desert," Araxat said.

Araxat points westward as a gust of wind comes by. The wind blows away the sand and reveals a tomb. On the tomb, they are stick illustrations of Toadians doing various poses. " So battle against Zerxes 30,000 years ago took place here in this desert," Praxat said.

" This is Toagaria. It reads here lays Zerxes and his demon generals who were sealed away by the Seven Deadly Vices," Althena said.

" I want to check this tomb out, I want to know if the Toadian who was one of the Seven Deadly Vices is one of my ancestors," Praxat said.

" Araxat, we both did things we can't take back. I can't take back that nine years ago, I murder The Toadian princess Qaztoh's entire family. I know she will never forgive me for that, and she shouldn't. We both must turn our selves in Araxat," Killrog said.

" We also need to get Zykona off this planet. She is a Konatsian, and Zerxes and his demon army can only be free by the blood of a Konatsian. So if anything bad were to happen to Zykona on this planet. It would free Zerxes and his army," Althena said.

That can't be allowed to happen. Luckily, I know where The Gukraimano is. The Gukraimano is Qacriea's lookout," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-26-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The ride was surprisingly smooth all things considered. The convenience of a royalty grade familiar was slowly becoming apparent, with every exertion of magic performed with the muscle memory of a trained Maid. A climate controlled bubble of magic around the small platform prevented the wind from assailing them while filtering out the howl of passing air and...most importantly, the cold. It was like sitting in a warm room, surrounded by moving pictures of scenery. Offers of food were made, drinks...strangely enough Zaofan would find his seat oddly more regal/comfortable then the others, and when questioned would discover he had been given the equivalent to what the Queen would usually be seated in on royal excursion.
    Zaofan listened with rapt attention, and within the royal palanquin of the magi, it was an easy task. Speeding through the snowstorm in a vessel of complete comfort, despite the weight of the subject matter and the encroaching darkness they were fast approaching, he couldn't help but notice his high, lofty, queenly seat.

Oh-h-h-h...th-this chair...

Craft of a premium make in an utmost comfort unlike any material recline he ever lounged in before. He fought it, at first, but as his rear nestled into that cushion, thicker than plush yet conjured of something lighter than air, it was as if he leaned back into the lap of the sublime. And when his head struck the velveteen rest, oh! The knots of tension disappeared, and as his spine lengthened of its own accord, a gentle warmth filling through his frame from crown to toe. In his blissful reverie, he though he might never leave.

And when Erosa complained about there only being one royal seat.....Morgan made the offhand comment. "Well I can only have one master at a time, now can't I."

It took several conjured steaks and at least a dozen restrains to calm/contain the Id for the remainder of the flight...of which was spent explaining the situation a bit further.
    The mention of a master and servitude - as well as the spatter of magical gristle following the rattle of animal chains - snapped him out of it quite quickly, and he found himself suddenly short of breath, kinked forward at the edge of his roost and coughing dryly.

Shuffling over to the side, he pat the cushion with a small grumble, offering Erosa a space next him.

As it turned out, the "seal" Humbert had been referring to was not some ancient mystical seal of magic like much of their adventure so far had led them to suspect. Rather....it was likely....

"A leaky pipe."

The words hung in the air, the utter mundanity of it in a world as mad as what the wastes had become making it a statement on par with "a giant planet destorying ape" in a sane world.

Realizing how it sounded, Morgan immediately cleared her throat. "Yes, I know how that sounds......let me give you some context."

"When we refer to the Tomb of the Queen....I suppose that brings a much different image of what its actual purpose is suppose to be, and likely intended that way. Its....A Disaster Shelter." Morgan nodded. "Built into the speaker mountain, its suppose to serve as a sealed, undetectable bunker to protect the Queen in the case of a major cataclysm...the Queen AND the fragment of the old one. "

Again....the chamber went quiet.

"Y..yes...I think I referred to this once before, but, The speaker mountain is where our Queen first learned the secrets of spellcasting from the old ones. There is....a fragment of one that rests in the depths of the mountain, encased in over 100 tons of solid magicite. The tomb was build around it, more for its protection then the queens really. This...is really all I know regarding the site itself....but energy is pumped up from the fragment via an elaborate transfer system that is used to power the tomb and the spellwork involve in keeping it safe."

"Once the Queen is safe within, along with her royal guard and any whom we can afford to carry....the tomb is sealed, and the spellwork activates."

Morgan lowers her head in thought. "What Humbert described....sounds like one, or even several of the energy conduits burst or began leaking filtered void energy. But....the Queen would have been able to repair such things easily. I can only assume that she was incapacitated somehow......"

"When we get there...if there is a high concentration of void energy, stay close to me....I'll do what I can to keep a bubble of space where it shouldn't cause you harm."
    Seated by the edge of the transluscent carriage, Ochazuke folded his arms. Even in the midst of waking meditation, a chill sweat fell upon his troubled brow, for his sense reached out from this vessel, tracing the length of the path as they moved deeper into the magical kingdom.

Confounding sorcery, Hearing Morgan's explanations of the shelter-come-tomb, the twisted words illicit another pointed glare directly at her. Far from casting spells, even common speech is littered and twisted with double meanings.

Be that as it may, it fell upon them to confront the heart of this fallen kingdom, and now that they knew they could not turn back. Safe passage to the Tomb required an insider's expertise.

But at the back of his mind was that speck of burning grey among the snows. Somewhere within the peak, Rex was there. Scavenging the black fire of Hakai wrought the Saurian's enduring incarnation. Should he encounter the Void, he shuddered to think of what abominable thing would emerge from that berth.

"I imagine Humbert was not the only one of his number. If the Royal Guard had fallen, it stands to reason the Royalty may not have fared any better," he said. Briefly, he cast a look at Erosa, slowly clasping his wrist as he bound his right hand into a fist. "A substance drawn from the ether is no more solid than snow in a human hand. It may be worth considering the source this magicite font was drawn from."

Once her briefing is concluded, Morgan steps over to Ochazuke with a puzzled expression on her face, seemingly nursing one off and on since they had left the ground. "Hey.....I, just wanted to make sure. Earlier you sounded like you knew something about the grey thorn? Is there a chance you know anything about what became of my sisters group?"
    "For all that has befallen this place, you still hold fast to the memory of what it once was. This, at least, attests to some strength of character on your part." Ochazuke said. "If your sister's purpose was also to protect the people, she has carried them far from the way of Avalon."

"We know their order as the Coven of the Grey Thorn," he continued. The circle of chanting figures at the heart of that burning city came to them in a collective vision so long ago upon the Lookout's pendulum chamber. "They would sacrifice entire cities' worth of lives to summon those that lay beyond the veil and use them as weapons. Rogue thralls, dread stalkers and many-angled Tulpa, no cost too high for those that covet power."

Though they had left the heights of the Speaker's Mountain some time ago, perhaps the mages' separation from the common man in their isolated kingdom left them with a false impression of their own mettle; they never stopped looking downward.

"If they had a vision for this world, it could hardly be said to be for its betterment."

Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro

Samson approaches Zaofan.

“What do you see, Zaofan? What are your thoughts my friend?”
    To answer this question, well, this certainly was a daunting task. What he held aloft between his outstretched palms was perhaps no larger than a small orange. Much like the Genki Dama, it sculpted from a hundred thousand whispers into a multitudinous a roar to give voice to the voiceless; yet this sphere held no innate power, and flickering in and out of visibility, stood in a liminal state - neither truly existing, but never really diminished. To Zaofan's perception, though it was composed of a refined energy formed by the technique he had experienced once before, he feared it was far more fragile than he knew.

All this he had felt intuitively, but with it came the gulf between his experience...and the words with which to adequately describe such a thing. Despite this, a strange, blissful smile spread on his face, and after swallowing the lump in his throat, he at last replied to his Sensei.

"I thought those ten markers signaled the end of our road," he said, "Of the Five Hidden Hands, we're still missing two."

Hurriedly he paced toward the cave wall, his eyes scarcely leaving the orb, wary it might flicker out for good, The sigil of the Dragon remained alit where Master Balon had cast his Dragon's Fire.

What is the movement, the form? A transcreation of the will, an expression of the soul. The Master had listened to the stirring in the ki of the Earth, and so sought to capture its essence; this fire was only one manifestation, and by now it was evident that Zxu'ro saw it carried and expressed in countless different ways. The ten sigils of the schools stood, each as ferocious as each of the prodigious natural shapes, perhaps in challenge to the warriors who came. But Zaofan understood now that the harmonized intent behind them was an aspect that was as unbound and timeless as the very Universe itself.

That the origin of the Ten Schools was a force manifest from the pure, raw potential drawn from the life of the planet.

Awesome and fearful knowledge await at the precipice. Holding the essence of their martial heritage, Zaofan lift his humble offering.

"But what I do know is that this path needed opening."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada wasn't aware that Brutus had a brother. I recall Bedlam being a grappler. Watching him spar would be good for Mais. Plus it'll be easier to get my revenge on that whore away from the restaurant.

"Sure thing. Been a while since I've seen him or his folks."

OOC: Cheesy and Alfredo. Think you only mentioned them by name once.
    He directs you over to the center of town, a place called Ivory Park. Brutus and his brood are there.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    To answer this question, well, this certainly was a daunting task. What he held aloft between his outstretched palms was perhaps no larger than a small orange. Much like the Genki Dama, it sculpted from a hundred thousand whispers into a multitudinous a roar to give voice to the voiceless; yet this sphere held no innate power, and flickering in and out of visibility, stood in a liminal state - neither truly existing, but never really diminished. To Zaofan's perception, though it was composed of a refined energy formed by the technique he had experienced once before, he feared it was far more fragile than he knew.

All this he had felt intuitively, but with it came the gulf between his experience...and the words with which to adequately describe such a thing. Despite this, a strange, blissful smile spread on his face, and after swallowing the lump in his throat, he at last replied to his Sensei.

"I thought those ten markers signaled the end of our road," he said, "Of the Five Hidden Hands, we're still missing two."

Hurriedly he paced toward the cave wall, his eyes scarcely leaving the orb, wary it might flicker out for good, The sigil of the Dragon remained alit where Master Balon had cast his Dragon's Fire.

What is the movement, the form? A transcreation of the will, an expression of the soul. The Master had listened to the stirring in the ki of the Earth, and so sought to capture its essence; this fire was only one manifestation, and by now it was evident that Zxu'ro saw it carried and expressed in countless different ways. The ten sigils of the schools stood, each as ferocious as each of the prodigious natural shapes, perhaps in challenge to the warriors who came. But Zaofan understood now that the harmonized intent behind them was an aspect that was as unbound and timeless as the very Universe itself.

That the origin of the Ten Schools was a force manifest from the pure, raw potential drawn from the life of the planet.

Awesome and fearful knowledge await at the precipice. Holding the essence of their martial heritage, Zaofan lift his humble offering.

"But what I do know is that this path needed opening."
    The Dragon’s Fire dies out, and in the darkness only the sphere Zaofan offers sheds light.

The door trembles.

A ripple washes over the world, felt by all ki sensitives.

The sphere floats up and touches the door, disappearing into it.

After a moment, each sigil brightens and glows, and once all ten ignite, the glow spreads between the ten to form the symbol of the Chimera School, before the door simply disappears, leaving a staircase heading downward.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He directs you over to the center of town, a place called Ivory Park. Brutus and his brood are there.
    Sarada nodded her thanks and handed the man some money to pay for their drinks and a nice tip. "Let's go, Mais. We have some fighting to watch."

The boy's attention was ripped from the chattering crowd at the very mention of the word fight. "Yeah, let's fight!!" Shooting out of his chair, he barreled through innocent patrons on his way out the door.

Sarada sighed and followed him out, then hurried to unlock the door before he tore it off the frame. "Spill that and you're walking home."

Okay, so maybe this trip should have been less about revenge and more about learning some new grappling techniques. She recalled hearing that Bedlam used to run with Battersea, or ran into him rather. If he held his own and lived to tell about it, then he was good. Even though his power was infantile compared to her now, back then, The Lion was a monster.

Hm. I wonder.

She fired up the engine and headed for Ivory Park. If nothing else, at least she would get some entertainment.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" Yeah, that will do. Hmm, that last form that Zerx took before he turned into that thing. Cyanna, I believe You, and I seen it before," Praxat said.

" You both have. As that was the spitting image of Zerxes. Who both saw an illustration of in the Book of Aome," Althena said.

Praxat thinks about both the names and puts two and two together. " I got it, this Zerxes who is sealed away somewhere on Qaceria is the creator of that vile creature Zerx. Instinctively Zerx was probably attempting to free his creator!" Praxat said.

" Praxat, I know you, and your friends much loathe me for the suffering I caused, and I don't blame you. However, before I turn myself in. There's something I want to show you all. Something I found buried deep underneath this desert," Araxat said.

Araxat points westward as a gust of wind comes by. The wind blows away the sand and reveals a tomb. On the tomb, they are stick illustrations of Toadians doing various poses. " So battle against Zerxes 30,000 years ago took place here in this desert," Praxat said.

" This is Toagaria. It reads here lays Zerxes and his demon generals who were sealed away by the Seven Deadly Vices," Althena said.

" I want to check this tomb out, I want to know if the Toadian who was one of the Seven Deadly Vices is one of my ancestors," Praxat said.

" Araxat, we both did things we can't take back. I can't take back that nine years ago, I murder The Toadian princess Qaztoh's entire family. I know she will never forgive me for that, and she shouldn't. We both must turn our selves in Araxat," Killrog said.

" We also need to get Zykona off this planet. She is a Konatsian, and Zerxes and his demon army can only be free by the blood of a Konatsian. So if anything bad were to happen to Zykona on this planet. It would free Zerxes and his army," Althena said.

That can't be allowed to happen. Luckily, I know where The Gukraimano is. The Gukraimano is Qacriea's lookout," Althena said.
    As she stood there, looking from Praxat to Althena back to Praxat then to Killrog and back to Althena with a glance at Araxat, finally looking ahead at the desert tomb, she finally placed her hands behind her head, then stretched them upwards before swinging them out and then back to her sides. "Okay then, looks like we still have work to do. So, who does what or what gets done first? This is your war party, Praxat, you decide."

As she stood there, looking from Praxat to Althena back to Praxat then to Killrog and back to Althena with a glance at Araxat, finally looking ahead at the desert tomb, she finally placed her hands behind her head, then stretched them upwards before swinging them out and then back to her sides. "Okay then, looks like we still have work to do. So, who does what or what gets done first? This is your war party, Praxat, you decide."
    " We're going to check out the Tomb first, Everyone, follow me. Of course, I don't know why I'm the leader? My mother is the one who united my race and the Reptilias," Praxat said.

"My grandmother Araxat there was a Royal Advisor. I don't have Althena's wisdom or the experience my mother and grandmother have. So why I'm the leader again?" Praxat said.

Praxat goes inside the Tomb." After I show you all what's inside this Tomb. I will deactivate the force field I have around Qaceria and re-establish communications. So that anyone of you can get in contact with the GP," Araxat said.

" As long as the force field is up, no ship can enter Qacriea atmosphere. A ship that comes in contact with the force field is atomized by it!" Araxat said.

Araxat points at Cyanna." For the record, I can't actually see you or anyone here. I don't even know what you look like. However, I can sense your resonance frequency," Araxat said.

"Everything has it's own unique resonance frequency, and I have trained my telekinesis to pick up on these frequencies. So I can perceive my surroundings as precisely as if I actually could see. The skill goes by a bunch of names, but you might know it as Seismic Sense!" Araxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Zaofan listened with rapt attention, and within the royal palanquin of the magi, it was an easy task. Speeding through the snowstorm in a vessel of complete comfort, despite the weight of the subject matter and the encroaching darkness they were fast approaching, he couldn't help but notice his high, lofty, queenly seat.

Oh-h-h-h...th-this chair...

Craft of a premium make in an utmost comfort unlike any material recline he ever lounged in before. He fought it, at first, but as his rear nestled into that cushion, thicker than plush yet conjured of something lighter than air, it was as if he leaned back into the lap of the sublime. And when his head struck the velveteen rest, oh! The knots of tension disappeared, and as his spine lengthened of its own accord, a gentle warmth filling through his frame from crown to toe. In his blissful reverie, he though he might never leave.

The mention of a master and servitude - as well as the spatter of magical gristle following the rattle of animal chains - snapped him out of it quite quickly, and he found himself suddenly short of breath, kinked forward at the edge of his roost and coughing dryly.

Shuffling over to the side, he pat the cushion with a small grumble, offering Erosa a space next him.
    With an overdramatic bounce, Erosa was soon taking a place next to Zaofan, bouncing her butt on the seat, a piece of meat flapping half out her mouth. "Nomnomnom...*gulp*....Ero.....Erosa starting to get bored. Hope we get to fight again soon."

Off to the side, Morgan eyes the familiar then lets out a mildly irritated huff for seemingly no reason......Though, practically leaning all over Zaofan may have been a start.

Seated by the edge of the transluscent carriage, Ochazuke folded his arms. Even in the midst of waking meditation, a chill sweat fell upon his troubled brow, for his sense reached out from this vessel, tracing the length of the path as they moved deeper into the magical kingdom.

Confounding sorcery, Hearing Morgan's explanations of the shelter-come-tomb, the twisted words illicit another pointed glare directly at her. Far from casting spells, even common speech is littered and twisted with double meanings.

Be that as it may, it fell upon them to confront the heart of this fallen kingdom, and now that they knew they could not turn back. Safe passage to the Tomb required an insider's expertise.

But at the back of his mind was that speck of burning grey among the snows. Somewhere within the peak, Rex was there. Scavenging the black fire of Hakai wrought the Saurian's enduring incarnation. Should he encounter the Void, he shuddered to think of what abominable thing would emerge from that berth.

"I imagine Humbert was not the only one of his number. If the Royal Guard had fallen, it stands to reason the Royalty may not have fared any better," he said. Briefly, he cast a look at Erosa, slowly clasping his wrist as he bound his right hand into a fist. "A substance drawn from the ether is no more solid than snow in a human hand. It may be worth considering the source this magicite font was drawn from."
    "....I....I'm sure the Queen is..." Morgan paused, unsure how to even justify such a statement. It had been ages since the time of Avalons Fall, there was no way she could say something so idealistic as "I'm sure she's fine" given all that seemed to have transpired. "....there is no way she would have fallen...noone is more wise in the ways of magic and...."

But then how is one of the Royal Guard now a void infused monster...outside the tomb no less......

"...Perhaps....she already escaped....."

But.....then she would have come for me too.....

Morgan seems to be debating something in her head. "...We...We'll just have to find out......whatever the situation is...."

"For all that has befallen this place, you still hold fast to the memory of what it once was. This, at least, attests to some strength of character on your part." Ochazuke said. "If your sister's purpose was also to protect the people, she has carried them far from the way of Avalon."

"We know their order as the Coven of the Grey Thorn," he continued. The circle of chanting figures at the heart of that burning city came to them in a collective vision so long ago upon the Lookout's pendulum chamber. "They would sacrifice entire cities' worth of lives to summon those that lay beyond the veil and use them as weapons. Rogue thralls, dread stalkers and many-angled Tulpa, no cost too high for those that covet power."

Though they had left the heights of the Speaker's Mountain some time ago, perhaps the mages' separation from the common man in their isolated kingdom left them with a false impression of their own mettle; they never stopped looking downward.

"If they had a vision for this world, it could hardly be said to be for its betterment."
    "....n...No.........There must be some sort of mistake.....your wrong, absolutely wrong!" Morgan suddenly stamped her foot in protest. "My sister was a little serious, yes....but she wasn't some power mad monster, she would have never let such a thing happen....no matter how awful the circumstances. We are extensions of our Queens Will....and her will is to preserve peace and life, that is what Avalon is suppose to be.....a place of safety."

Morgan cast her gaze downwards. ".Or.....it was........its been a long time......perhaps the ones who carry their will now are not even the same bloodline as those who came before.....a lifetime of knowledge refined for peace, picked clean by vultures who just wanted.....more power........."

Slowly, moisture glints at the corners of Morgans eyes. "......I hoped one of the other groups managed to survive, and if there was any one to do it....it was Grey Thorn Morgan. But.....for things to end up like this.....there is no way she would have let them if she were still alive....."

"Gao.....GAO!" Erosa broke the moment with an excited vocal grunt, pointing to what Zaofan and her were already witnessing ahead of them.

There destination had grown ever closer in the time since they conversed, with only ruins to dot the long since burned plains of snow....but here, at the base of the mountain, stood perhaps the most intact examples of the early Avalonian Civilization. This was the the City of Amdapor, or what remained of it.....fortifications, towers and large stone buildings that seemed, unnaturally untouched by the passage of time and the havoc endured according to history.

And just ahead, the mountain loomed.

Wiping her eyes, Morgan fixed her gaze upon it. Almost......The temple at the base should be the quickest entry point. Once we're close enough I'll find a place to put us down...." She put her hand against the invisible barrier of the craft as the stone towers passed by. ".......I couldn't even begin to describe how this place looked then....compared to what it is now........"

At this range, the feint presence of void Ochazuke felt was growing stronger.....and many sources seemed to be moving in the ruins around them. Perhaps it was just this combined with the ruins, but it felt as though many....many eyes were upon them.

......and then a pair of feet followed.

Something large landed upon the top of the transport, the barrier buckling under the weight and force of impact while the craft was thrown off balance enough to stumble everyone onboard from their feet. In the ensuing chaos, a glimpse would be caught of a monstrous humanoid bulk that stood against the winds outside, barely held aloof by the failing barrier......

...and with effort no more casual then lifting a butterknife, it brandished a massive hammer in one hand and brought it down hard against the side of craft. The impact triggered an explosion of magical energy that, with the force of the blow, threw the craft off course while ejecting their would be attacker from the roof.....still, it was enough to send it flying into one of the ruined fort like structures even.

Crashing through the wall, the barrier magic failed....returning the forces of physics and sending the occupants flying on a variety of unhealthy paths. Ozhazuke and Morgan were thrown from the craft first, next was Shouchu....Erosa and Zaofan however, had managed to stay securely in their seat thanks to a combination personal security barrier and deploy able safety restraints that seemingly came with royal travel chairs.

.....for all the good it did them, since they maintained enough momentum to smash through the opposite wall, the wall behind that....bounce.....then another wall.....before finally emerging from the opposite end of the stone structure and on several hundred foot plummet to the snowy, craggy rocks below.

" We're going to check out the Tomb first, Everyone, follow me. Of course, I don't know why I'm the leader? My mother is the one who united my race and the Reptilias," Praxat said.

"My grandmother Araxat there was a Royal Advisor. I don't have Althena's wisdom or the experience my mother and grandmother have. So why I'm the leader again?" Praxat said.
    Cyanna smiled, then patted Praxat on the back, "Don't underestimate yourself. Better yet, consider this as a chance to stretch your leadership muscles and prove yourself."

Praxat goes inside the Tomb." After I show you all what's inside this Tomb. I will deactivate the force field I have around Qaceria and re-establish communications. So that anyone of you can get in contact with the GP," Araxat said.

" As long as the force field is up, no ship can enter Qacriea atmosphere. A ship that comes in contact with the force field is atomized by it!" Araxat said.

Araxat points at Cyanna." For the record, I can't actually see you or anyone here. I don't even know what you look like. However, I can sense your resonance frequency," Araxat said.

"Everything has it's own unique resonance frequency, and I have trained my telekinesis to pick up on these frequencies. So I can perceive my surroundings as precisely as if I actually could see. The skill goes by a bunch of names, but you might know it as Seismic Sense!" Araxat said.
    "Losing your sight can't be fun. My ancestors barely had any sight, that's why we all have such exceptional hearing. If it wasn't for our Goddess, we'd all be blind, finding our way around by sound only."