Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    To me this seems like "Year One" Cass... like Cass before she meets Barbara and the Bat Family. I'm almost 100% certain her storyline in the movie is going to be she's on the run from David Cain but doesn't know where to go, or who to turn to... and she finds Harley first.

If they greenlight a Batgirl film next, Cass could be a supporting character for Babs. (My ideal Batgirl scenario is Babs working with Cass and Steph, similar to TV Flash's supporting cast).
    I really don't see this version of Cassandra Cain ending up with the Batfamily. I'm not even sure if there is going to be a cinematic cohesive Batfamily in these films.

And for a Year One Cass...she really doesn't seem to act at all like Cassandra Cain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    To me this seems like "Year One" Cass... like Cass before she meets Barbara and the Bat Family. I'm almost 100% certain her storyline in the movie is going to be she's on the run from David Cain but doesn't know where to go, or who to turn to... and she finds Harley first.

If they greenlight a Batgirl film next, Cass could be a supporting character for Babs. (My ideal Batgirl scenario is Babs working with Cass and Steph, similar to TV Flash's supporting cast).
    This ain't a year one Cass, because Cass started on her origin at birth.

There's been no mention of David Cain. In all the trailers, Cass has never thrown a punch, or even looked intimidating.

To pretend to be woke, they wanted another minority character. So they grabbed Cass and shoved her in Steph's general role.

Yeah, Stephanie Brown would've made sense. As the daughter of a villain, it wouldn't have been a shock to see her hang with Harley. Cass is also the daughter of a villain, but also ticks off an ethnic minority box... but yeah, there's no doubt she'll be seriously out of character in that film.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If there can be multiple Spider heroes at Marvel, then there can be multiple Batgirls at DC Comics.
    Exactly. There's two Hawkeyes, Wolverines, Falcons, Wasps, among others, too. And a second Batgirl wouldn't be DC's first duplicate mantle. Ignoring Green Lantern, there's three Flashes, two Superboys, there was two Robins until recently (when Tim switched to Drake).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. There's two Hawkeyes, Wolverines, Falcons, Wasps, among others, too. And a second Batgirl wouldn't be DC's first duplicate mantle. Ignoring Green Lantern, there's three Flashes, two Superboys, there was two Robins until recently (when Tim switched to Drake).
    Yeah, but IMO, Cass' origin stands up better than Babs', just like Wally's motivation is better than Barry's. So they get scuttled.

Yeah, Stephanie Brown would've made sense. As the daughter of a villain, it wouldn't have been a shock to see her hang with Harley. Cass is also the daughter of a villain, but also ticks off an ethnic minority box... but yeah, there's no doubt she'll be seriously out of character in that film.
    There were a few different characters they could have used instead of Cass.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but IMO, Cass' origin stands up better than Babs', just like Wally's motivation is better than Barry's. So they get scuttled.
    I liked Barry's motivation better before it became about his dead mom and imprisoned father.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were a few different characters they could have used instead of Cass.
    Sin, Black Canary's adopted daughter, is the biggest one for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Didn't know Canary was a Mom. Erased in Flashpoint?

Like many other things and characters, yes.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

It was actually erased before that, by the terrible Green Arrow/Black Canary series. But Sin herself still existed - just not as Dinah's daughter. The n52 completed the terrible process.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Anyone pick up shadow of the batgirl today? I’m super excited to read it
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Oh, yes. On chapter two as we speak.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    I have *raises hand*, Cass is another of my favorites. She is a dynamic character, with a fascinating backstory, and has endless storytelling potential. I'll happily read anything about her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I’m 2/3 of the way through, but I’m already comfortable saying this is one of, if not THE best Cassandra Cain story of all time. I love it’s reinvention of her, while staying true to the core of the character. Props to the gorgeous art as well.

I’m definitely gonna give this to my boyfriend and see what he thinks of it. He’s never read a story with her in it before.
    Books I’m pulling: Justice League Dark, Batman and the, Outsiders, Suicide squad, Daredevil, Tynion’s Batman, X-men, X-force, Marauders, Hellions, X-Factor, Three Jokers, Deceased Dead Planet

Extraordinary Member

(Sits impatiently, twiddling his thumbs, waiting for that Amazon “same dat delivery” pre-order to actually get here.)

I actually could probably find it somewhere else right now... but I want a physical copy for my students to read if they dig through my comics.

She’s still the best Batgirl. And it’s still not all that close.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP