Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I finally watched season 3. Just as good as previous seasons imo. The parts where Daniel went to Tokyo and got to revisit characters from the second movie is easily my favorite part. Chosen reintroduction was hilarious.

I feel Daniel and his wife should have flexed their white collar muscle more. I would have gotten all the cobra kais arrested for starting a gang war in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I finally watched season 3. Just as good as previous seasons imo. The parts where Daniel went to Tokyo and got to revisit characters from the second movie is easily my favorite part. Chosen reintroduction was hilarious.

I feel Daniel and his wife should have flexed their white collar muscle more. I would have gotten all the cobra kais arrested for starting a gang war in my house.
    Lol there is nothing even somewhat realistic about these kids behavior ans lack of accountability. These kids would have classified as gang members and police woulda been all over them. Might be a nice part of California but it's still California. They would have been hit with a Gang injunction. Boom Cobra Kai done

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol there is nothing even somewhat realistic about these kids behavior ans lack of accountability. These kids would have classified as gang members and police woulda been all over them. Might be a nice part of California but it's still California. They would have been hit with a Gang injunction. Boom Cobra Kai done
    Not even that. The parents of those kids would have sued the school, Daniel, Johnny and Kreese into oblivion. There would be no season 3.

Also I find it hilarious Daniel is ok with using a karate tournament decide what happens to a man that tried to have his daughter killed in their home.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Not even that. The parents of those kids would have sued the school, Daniel, Johnny and Kreese into oblivion. There would be no season 3.

Also I find it hilarious Daniel is ok with using a karate tournament decide what happens to a man that tried to have his daughter killed in their home.
    I'm sure all the parents can charge each of the kids with assault given how often the two dojos got into fights outside of school grounds. Tory has definitely violated her probation when the cobras invaded Daniel home. She better not be around when season 4 rolls around.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bumping this thread. Binged this show for the first time a couple weeks ago after my roommates nagged me to watch it. Overall, I'm glad they did bcause I loved it despite not having a big attachment to any of the old Karate Kid movies. Save for Hawk and Demetri (and even the latter isn't terrible all the way through), I love all the characters. My favorites so far being Johnny, Robby, Daniel, Amanda and Miguel.

Can't wait to see Terry Silver hamming it up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This totally needs to be called out by Amanda next season, along with the fact that Johnny and Daniel left Robby (who likely had a concussion) alone with this man who just tried to murder them both, and almost killed Johnny in the past. Did they just not want to deal with the awkward ride home if they grabbed Robby? Lol

Also if I was Robby I'd be a little incensed that I served time in juvie for a horrible accident while the other Cobras deliberately pull some premeditated **** like this and face zero consequences.

Amazing Member

I binged this today and think season 4 was as good as 1 and 2, and better than 3. I may rewatch the whole thing one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This totally needs to be called out by Amanda next season, along with the fact that Johnny and Daniel left Robby (who likely had a concussion) alone with this man who just tried to murder them both, and almost killed Johnny in the past. Did they just not want to deal with the awkward ride home if they grabbed Robby? Lol

Also if I was Robby I'd be a little incensed that I served time in juvie for a horrible accident while the other Cobras deliberately pull some premeditated **** like this and face zero consequences.
    So all of this is actually addressed this season lol

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I enjoyed this season. I never liked Eli/Hawk until now.

+ I liked the Daniel/Eli Interactions the most. They really work great together. I hope Eli stays with the Miyagi Dojo
    + Eli/Robby Fight was probably my favorite to date

But there were two What the Hell Moments that kind of bug me

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

- Daniel said he was going to go back on his word and not shut the school down. Furthermore he's going to go on the offensive. 1. Not sure how comfortable I am with this. Yes, his school definitely had that tournament won but not sure I agree with his choice. Figured he would need more of a reason to do this. 2. Chozen is ok with this too?

Do you all agree with Daniel's Choice

- Compassionate Kreese? Don't get me wrong, Martin did a great job with those scenes but where the hell did that come from? In the Karate Kid Movies, Sensei Kreese was a No Mercy Bully. Whatever it takes to win. He had zero problems ambushing Daniel with Silver and Mike in the Dojo. Why is he getting sentimental when it happens to Johnny? I never got the slightest inkling Kreese cared for his students.

Pretty awesome season. All the kids stepped up this time -- past seasons I got annoyed by Sam and a few others. Hawk was really likeable -- more mature. Same with Robbie and Sam.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

+ I liked the Daniel/Eli Interactions the most. They really work great together. I hope Eli stays with the Miyagi Dojo
    + Eli/Robby Fight was probably my favorite to date.

You're a cold-hearted individual for not liking Hawk until now. Hawk's the man!!!!

In all seriousness, what I like about Hawk is his character symbolizes the cheesiness of the entire show. The overall arc of him going from a bullied, somewhat reclusive dork to shedding his skin and gaining a ridiculous level of machismo, it was comedic gold. His character has definitely matured under the guidance of Daniel-san. And it's good to see he got back with his hottie hippy girlfriend, she's the hottest girl in the show, which is lofty status when the show has attractive girls like Sam, Tori, and Miguel's mom.....And Hawk's friend, Demetri, is hilarious, as well. Recognizing the Miyagi chores as encapsulating martial arts moves, to his constant geek/movie references, and him blossoming into an effective martial artist, himself.

I'm stoked about Chozen coming in to help Miyagi-Do for season 5. He's of the same martial arts lineage as Daniel, but at a far higher level (Which makes Daniel-san beating him in KK2 ludicrous, but we'll ignore that).....And it's good to see Terry Silver's metamorphosis into the true villain in the series. The potential of his character was put into a bottle and released for this show.

My biggest gripe about Cobra Kai? We've gone 4 seasons now without having Joe Esposito's "You're the Best" playing in even one single episode. This legendary Karate Kid song should be mandatory for the All Valley Tournament fight scenes....I give the creators credit for adding "Burning Heart" into Johnny's training montage (A classic Rocky soundtrack piece that can inspire greatness out of anyone), but they totally missed the mark when the Cobra Kai crew were watching Bloodsport at the drive-in. They should've immediately followed up with a Cobra Kai training montage with Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive" playing in the background.

My favorite character in the entire series is Miguel. Xolo Mariduena is a charismatic actor who shines in pretty much every scene he plays in, and his character helps break stereotypes. Although Johnny & Daniel-San are the main stars of the series, IMO, Miguel steals the show. It'll be great seeing Mariduena as Blue Beetle in that upcoming DC film.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

- Daniel said he was going to go back on his word and not shut the school down. Furthermore he's going to go on the offensive. 1. Not sure how comfortable I am with this. Yes, his school definitely had that tournament won but not sure I agree with his choice. Figured he would need more of a reason to do this. 2. Chozen is ok with this too?

- Compassionate Kreese? Don't get me wrong, Martin did a great job with those scenes but where the hell did that come from? In the Karate Kid Movies, Sensei Kreese was a No Mercy Bully. Whatever it takes to win. He had zero problems ambushing Daniel with Silver and Mike in the Dojo. Why is he getting sentimental when it happens to Johnny? I never got the slightest inkling Kreese cared for his students.
    spoilers:
    I agree with Daniel's choice. Silver definitely wouldn't have honored the deal and Tory's accidental cheating likely what pushed him to go back on his word. Speaking of that, I hope that gets addressed next season because I liked the relationship that building between her and Sam's mom.

Compassionate Kreese didn't come out of nowhere. When Silver started teaching at the dojo he told Kreese that he was repeating his mistakes. Being the old men with wisdom they had to corrected them or else history would repeat itself. Kreese took this to heart.

When Kreese got arrested Silver implied he will bring in Barnes to replace him. Daniel alluded to him when his wife asked if anyone else from Cobra Kai could come back and disrupt his life.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

I mean, according to Chozen in the previous season, there is an offensive approach to Miyagi-Do. It just seems as if Mr. Miyagi didn't think teaching that to Daniel was necessary for whatever reason. I think Chozen would agree with Daniel given the circumstances and probably thinks he owes Daniel some sort of debt considering how a.) how crappy he was to him 35 years or so ago and b.) that he spared his life (or at least any sort of permanent injury) when Chozen threatened Kumiko's life.

He did pull those scenes off well. But yeah, they did kind of come out of no where. I could see how he could've thought that Johnny was his golden boy, but it looked like to me that as soon as Johnny lost, he had no more use for him. All he ever really seemed to care about was the reputation of his dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I'm stoked about Chozen coming in to help Miyagi-Do for season 5. He's of the same martial arts lineage as Daniel, but at a far higher level (Which makes Daniel-san beating him in KK2 ludicrous, but we'll ignore that)...
    The only explanation I can think of is that he simply hadn't reached the skill level he has now until well after their fight in KK2. Chozen also seems to have made karate a major component of his life (he never had children, which gave him even more time to devote to it) while Daniel's focus was most likely split between his career and family.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-02-2022 at 02:30 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I kind of expect to see Hilary Swank next season.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I kind of expect to see Hilary Swank next season.
    I was hoping she would be the celebrity guest for the tournament.