Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Grayson was fantastic, way better than it needed to it. It’s weird, that’s a book where they did a great job of making the character stand on his own apart from Batman but for some reason the character didn’t seem to hold onto that agency when he went back to being a solo hero.
    Because with Grayson dick's sandbox was the whole dcu, but with nightwing his sandbox is just batman.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It was a nice continuation from the Morrison era which I love.

I just wish he took Damian with him I love those two knuckle heads together.

(sigh, I'm gonna go read Batman & Robin now)

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I really miss those guys together too. I know they seem to be building up to him and Bruce reconciling, but I wouldn't have been opposed to their little falling out resulting in Damian going back to being Dick's partner. Lord knows after what the two of them have gone through these past few years, they could use some brotherly soul searching lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I really miss those guys together too. I know they seem to be building up to him and Bruce reconciling, but I wouldn't have been opposed to their little falling out resulting in Damian going back to being Dick's partner. Lord knows after what the two of them have gone through these past few years, they could use some brotherly soul searching lol
    That would have been amazing!

A series where they travel around the world solving crimes and trying to rebuild Batman INC would be soo cool

The one time Dick actually did step outside Bruce’s shadow and be his own man. Grayson is a story you could only tell with Dick Grayson. It opened up a whole new realm of the DCU that Dick could call his own without having to share it with Bruce or other Batfamily members. Going back to generic superheroics was a mistake, they should’ve kept him as “Agent Nightwing” working for ARGUS or some such.
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Grayson was fantastic, way better than it needed to it. It’s weird, that’s a book where they did a great job of making the character stand on his own apart from Batman but for some reason the character didn’t seem to hold onto that agency when he went back to being a solo hero.
    It’s because “Nightwing” has always just been diet Batman. Bludhaven has historically just been “Gotham but worse” with Dick making even less progress towards bettering it than Bruce does with Gotham.

That would have been amazing!

A series where they travel around the world solving crimes and trying to rebuild Batman INC would be soo cool
    You mean Nightwing INC. Time for nightwing to leave the nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The one time Dick actually did step outside Bruce’s shadow and be his own man. Grayson is a story you could only tell with Dick Grayson. It opened up a whole new realm of the DCU that Dick could call his own without having to share it with Bruce or other Batfamily members. Going back to generic superheroics was a mistake, they should’ve kept him as “Agent Nightwing” working for ARGUS or some such.

It’s because “Nightwing” has always just been diet Batman. Bludhaven has historically just been “Gotham but worse” with Dick making even less progress towards bettering it than Bruce does with Gotham.
    I agree with all of this. Nightwing needs his own corner and mythos. No more diet batman.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    You mean Nightwing INC. Time for nightwing to leave the nest.
    Exactly this, it could be a lighthearted romp through the DC world

Astonishing Member

I agree with all of this. I adore Grant Morrison's Batman run from 2006-2013, especially Batman and Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Top 5 of the entire Nu52. My number one.
    My top five DC The New 52 be Batman, Batwoman, Batman and Robin, Grayson and Batman, Incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He actually made much better progress with Bludhaven than Bruce ever did with Gotham before the city got nuked with Chemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He actually made much better progress with Bludhaven than Bruce ever did with Gotham before the city got nuked with Chemo.
    Drako, from where did get that amazing Dick pic in your avatar? It looks so slick and forward!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Drako, from where did get that amazing Dick pic in your avatar? It looks so slick and forward!!
    It's the Batman #99 variant cover.

https://i0.wp.com/beyondthepanel.net...8%2C3056&ssl=1

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Thanks so much!! Off to learn all I can about the artist!!

Oooooooooooooooooooo it is the Justice League Super Son's guy! Making the suit like latex in sheen add this potent combination of confidence and sexiness