Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What should be done with Modok?

What should be done with Modok?

It seems like Modok is written differently depending on the writer, some writers present him as deadly serious, while others present him as a joke.

In other media, he is often a joke in cartoons, but I have seen novels present him as pure evil.

So should he be a joke or serious, should he just be evil or have redeeming qualities?

BANNED

1) Scrap the hover chair. Go with the creepy Spider-Legs.

2) Make him the AIM Supreme once again.

3) Rebrand AIM as a bunch of completely amoral science-wizs. No more "lol, funny nerds", I'm talking "Ultimate Children" level. Smaller numbers but a bigger threat.

4) Focus on just how terrifying he actually is. I mean, hell, he's a giant brain inside a huge head. A head that's about the size of a big closet. That's damn scary and not something to be laughed at.

5) Give him a fixed personality.

I don't even remember the last time MODOK did anything important in a major book (when was the last time he even lead AIM?). He always seems to be stuck in tertiary books like Secret Avengers or Gwenpool.

It feels like the cartoons have done more with him as a villain then the comics have in decades.

I think MODOK is a very goofy character, but it's because he's goofy and because he can be a major threat in-spite of it that he's so entertaining as a villain .

Give him back the giant mechanical body that matches his head again

MODOK is best when he's a schemer and doesn't try to fight his own battles.

Wasn't there a Secret Wars with Modok? How was that and should it be brought into the main Marvel?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Give him back the giant mechanical body that matches his head again
    Didn't they do that before?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I liked the take on him in Secret Wars in Killville where he could be utterly ridiculous and over the top yet terrifying and highly dangerous at the same time, because in that universe MODOK is a genuine threat.

Doesn't Modok have telepathy and potent mental blasts as well as hypnosis and computer fast analytical mind?

Incredible Member

2 words, john hodgeman.

make him modok in the mcu.

once you got this base, the character will be more popular in the comic verse.

then have him build a macguffin that becomes a crossover event.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Didn't they do that before?
    they did it when he first appeared. and they did it in the animated series. that's why I wrote "give him back the giant mechanical body that matches his head again."

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    2 words, john hodgeman.

make him modok in the mcu.

once you got this base, the character will be more popular in the comic verse.

then have him build a macguffin that becomes a crossover event.
    he has a base? I just know him as the not quite funny guy on the old Daily Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I liked the take on him in Secret Wars in Killville where he could be utterly ridiculous and over the top yet terrifying and highly dangerous at the same time, because in that universe MODOK is a genuine threat.
    ^it was those ridiculous appearances and that utterly confusing Secret Avengers stuff that ruined his image, imo.

Mighty Member

Bring back M.O.D.O.K. Assassin as an anti-hero. Even better, make him an anti-hero either on battleworld so we can rediscover that (it came back after the contest of champions), or in 616 dealing with Doom Patrol-esque plots and environments.

Astonishing Member

Define him to be a arch enemy of just one super hero.
    He have been a enemy of too many super heroes (Captain America,Shield,Avengers,Iron Man,Hulk...)
    The best stories i remembre enjoying of MODOK,were old Hulk stories way back.