Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

From Robin #114:

Having earlier thrown his R logo at an enemy (which is odd - those R shurikens are usually stored in his utility belt), an undercover Tim gets rumbled as Robin... since the R is missing though, and the exposed identity is his alias and not Tim Drake, he uses a fake codename too...

Sunbird. Anyone think Bendis should've used that name for him in Young Justice?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like Sunbird

omg the mullet

I lived through the nineties and I don't remember seeing that many mullets. The only mullets I remember was MacGyver and Peter Parker because I read Spider-Man at that time.

I remember the MC Hammer pants, but somehow... oooh... now I remember why... it's because my school has a hair code, and I don't really pay attention to pop culture until Leonardo DiCaprio's hair trending.

That mullet is a wig, and it gets destroyed at the end of the story!

Nightwing and Changeling had mullets in the early 90s. Dick's ends up growing out into a ponytail.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That mullet is a wig, and it gets destroyed at the end of the story!

Nightwing and Changeling had mullets in the early 90s. Dick's ends up growing out into a ponytail.
    Who could forget that ponytail? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Who could forget that ponytail? Lol
    Ponytais can be cute, stylish (not in this case, though).

Mullets, on the other hand... Er...

Just my personal taste XD

Incredible Member

You know, I got a strong feeling that Tim will still be Red Robin for the upcoming Joker War event. Not complaining but I feel like Tynion really likes that Rebirth suit enough to just ignore Bendis’ canon.

Sure, why not? Bendis ignores other people's canons. I say hold on to Red Robin for as long as humanly possible.
    Both the name and all of the costumes (I'm particularly fond of the original New 52 one) are better than what he's got going on now
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-13-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    You know, I got a strong feeling that Tim will still be Red Robin for the upcoming Joker War event. Not complaining but I feel like Tynion really likes that Rebirth suit enough to just ignore Bendis’ canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Sure, why not? Bendis ignores other people's canons. I say, hold on to Red Robin for as long as humanly possible.
    Both the name and all of the costumes (I'm particularly fond of the original New 52 one) are better than what he's got going now
    Couldn't agree more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Sure, why not? Bendis ignores other people's canons. I say, hold on to Red Robin for as long as humanly possible.
    Both the name and all of the costumes (I'm particularly fond of the original New 52 one) are better than what he's got going now
    If this was 2 months ago I would’ve tried to defend the new look but after 4 issues I can say....that suit/Id does not work for him.

I also liked the original N52 RR suit. I think the main issue with it was that fill in or other artist would draw them as feathers, when the original artist designed them as more of a metal cape feel

I actually liked how the cape doubled as wings. Gave him a little something else to differentiate him from the other Robins in terms of skills and fighting styles.

Robin 80th birthday special creative teams revealed: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...r-spectacular/

I believe these two should be Tim:
    Adam Beechen and Freddie Williams II
    James Tynion IV and Javi Fernandez

Amazing Member

From Batman 521 when Alfred came back after he quitted in Knightfall. It was a beautiful moment, Tim being his tiny and sweet being with mop included and Alfred's sass.

RCO010.jpg

Last edited by Digifiend; 02-15-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I appreciate the effort made in this fanart.

I realize now that the costume needs an upgrade.