Page 242 of 865 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Looks brilliant! Hope you got some money off at least for that damage. I'm gonna be picking this up as soon as I have the cash.
    Yeah, I picked it up as B&N had their Black Friday sale with an additional 20% off coupon, so in the end it cost me a little less than half the book's price. I knew when I bought that it came in a thick cardboard case like those you get for other expensive books, such as Artist Editions, but prettier, so I decided to take the risk with their shitty packaging and I think it paid off.

krylox, those look absolutely amazing and I hope that, if you've received yours in Germany, I can expect my own order - all but Volume 3 of Walt and Skeezix, which I'll pick up somewhere else, and the two Chris Ware ACME Novelty Datebook's - to be delivered to me here in Scotland before the weekend. Looking at all those pretty books makes me sad that I didn't have the money to buy even more (I would have loved to have picked up all of Shigeru Mizuki's available books in the one order and a few others aside), so hopefully they'll have a similarly nice sale next year. By the way, I presume from the photos of your order that D&Q's packaging was pretty great? Kinda ridiculous if so considering how insanely cheap it was for international shipping.

Great stuff krylox! I had lots of books in my basket too, but somehow could't finish purchasing them. Too bad... Good to see you got that Brecht Evens book! It's brilliantly drawn!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Holy S#@!
    Your collection seems to grow with each pic. Didn't you used to have a TV against the wall and your books around it? Looks like you've added another wall of shelves!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Great stuff krylox! I had lots of books in my basket too, but somehow could't finish purchasing them. Too bad... Good to see you got that Brecht Evens book! It's brilliantly drawn!!
    i just read "the wrong place" and was pretty impressed so i have high expectations of "making of"!

Fantastic Member

Rolling Stone magazine put together a Top 50 list of non-superhero graphic novels. I have to say that I only have a couple of those on my shelves. Most I've never even heard of. What about you guys? And of the ones you have read which top 3 would you recommend?

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ampaign=buffer

1. 'Love and Rockets,' Los Bros Hernandez
    2. 'Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Boy on Earth,' Chris Ware
    3. 'Maus,' Art Spiegelman
    4. 'Fun Home,' Alison Bechdel
    5. 'The Complete Robert Crumb,' Robert Crumb
    6. 'From Hell,' Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
    7. 'The Invisibles,' Grant Morrison and Various
    8. 'Epileptic,' David B.
    9. 'Ghost World,' Daniel Clowes
    10. 'Persepolis,' Marjane Satrapi
    11. 'Alec: The Years Have Pants,' Eddie Campbell
    12. 'Hicksville,' Dylan Horrocks
    13. 'The Adventures of Tintin,' Hergé
    14. 'Achewood,' Chris Onstad
    15. 'Uncle Scrooge,' Carl Barks
    16. 'Cerebus,' Dave Sim
    17. 'A Contract With God,' Will Eisner
    18. 'King Cat,' John Porcellino
    19. 'Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea,' Guy Delisle
    20. 'Black Hole,' Charles Burns
    21. 'Akira,' Katshuiro Otomo
    22. 'Twisted Sisters,' Various
    23. 'The Cowboy Wally Show,' Kyle Baker
    24. 'Our Cancer Year,' Harvey Pekar and Frank Stack
    25. 'It's a Good Life If You Don't Weaken' Seth
    26. 'FreakAngels,' Warren Ellis
    27. 'Curses,' Kevin Huizenga
    28. 'What It Is,' Lynda Barry
    29. 'Preacher,' Garth Ennis
    30. 'The Incal,' Alejandro Jodorowsky and Moebius
    31. 'Diary of a Teenage Girl,' Phoebe Gloeckner
    32. 'Mister X,' Dean Motter and Various
    33. 'Dal Tokyo,' Gary Panter
    34. 'Unterzakhan,' Leela Corman
    35. 'Journey,' William Messner-Loebs
    36. 'Paying for It,' Chester Brown
    37. 'Stray Bullets,' David Lapham
    38. 'Saga,' Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
    39. 'Sex Criminals,' Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
    40. 'Pluto,' Naoki Urasawa
    41. 'Finder,' Carla Speed McNeil
    42. 'Hark! A Vagrant,' Kate Beaton
    43. 'Usagi Yojimbo,' Stan Sakai
    44. 'You'll Never Know,' C. Tyler
    45. '100 Bullets,' Brian Azarello and Eduardo Risso
    46. 'Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths,' Shigeru Mizuki
    47. 'Safe Area Gorazde,' Joe Sacco
    48. 'Berlin,' Jason Lutes
    49. 'Multiple Warheads,' Brandon Graham
    50. 'Puma Blues,' Stephen Murphy and Michael Zulli
    nice. not sure i agree with the ranking (invisibles, epileptic, fun home... way too high), but it's always like that with those lists. also no anders nilsen, james sturm, jeff lemire, rutu modan, uli lust ... at all? however, those are the ones i own:

[*]'Love and Rockets,' Los Bros Hernandez (partly)
    [*]'Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Boy on Earth,' Chris Ware
    [*]'Maus,' Art Spiegelman
    [*]'Fun Home,' Alison Bechdel
    [*]'The Complete Robert Crumb,' Robert Crumb
    [*]'From Hell,' Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell
    [*]'The Invisibles,' Grant Morrison and Various
    [*]'Epileptic,' David B.
    [*]'Ghost World,' Daniel Clowes
    [*]'Persepolis,' Marjane Satrapi
    [*]'Alec: The Years Have Pants,' Eddie Campbell (just ordered a few days ago)
    [*]'Hicksville,' Dylan Horrocks
    [*]'The Adventures of Tintin,' Hergé
    [*]'Achewood,' Chris Onstad
    [*]'Uncle Scrooge,' Carl Barks
    [*]'Cerebus,' Dave Sim
    [*]'A Contract With God,' Will Eisner
    [*]'King Cat,' John Porcellino
    [*]'Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea,' Guy Delisle
    [*]'Black Hole,' Charles Burns
    [*]'Akira,' Katshuiro Otomo
    [*]'Twisted Sisters,' Various
    [*]'The Cowboy Wally Show,' Kyle Baker
    [*]'Our Cancer Year,' Harvey Pekar and Frank Stack
    [*]'It's a Good Life If You Don't Weaken' Seth
    [*]'FreakAngels,' Warren Ellis
    [*]'Curses,' Kevin Huizenga
    [*]'What It Is,' Lynda Barry
    [*]'Preacher,' Garth Ennis (partly)
    [*]'The Incal,' Alejandro Jodorowsky and Moebius
    [*]'Diary of a Teenage Girl,' Phoebe Gloeckner
    [*]'Mister X,' Dean Motter and Various
    [*]'Dal Tokyo,' Gary Panter
    [*]'Unterzakhan,' Leela Corman
    [*]'Journey,' William Messner-Loebs
    [*]'Paying for It,' Chester Brown
    [*]'Stray Bullets,' David Lapham (partly)
    [*]'Saga,' Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
    [*]'Sex Criminals,' Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky
    [*]'Pluto,' Naoki Urasawa
    [*]'Finder,' Carla Speed McNeil (partly)
    [*]'Hark! A Vagrant,' Kate Beaton
    [*]'Usagi Yojimbo,' Stan Sakai
    [*]'You'll Never Know,' C. Tyler
    [*]'100 Bullets,' Brian Azarello and Eduardo Risso
    [*]'Onward Toward Our Noble Deaths,' Shigeru Mizuki
    [*]'Safe Area Gorazde,' Joe Sacco
    [*]'Berlin,' Jason Lutes
    [*]'Multiple Warheads,' Brandon Graham
    [*]'Puma Blues,' Stephen Murphy and Michael Zulli
    Last edited by krylox; 12-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Holy S#@!
    Your collection seems to grow with each pic. Didn't you used to have a TV against the wall and your books around it? Looks like you've added another wall of shelves!
    That was my collection, which has indeed grown quite a lot since...

Last day of the year, last purchases of the year. All euro stuff, but again, Thorgal is available in English too. Only volume missing in my collection now is 22. And that 5,000 km per second graphic novel should still someday be available through Fantagraphics. Kim Thompson was supposed to translate that, but alas we know what happened...

Very nice! I heard very bad things about latest Kriss de Valnor issue, people hate it, say it's the worst Thorgal album so far.

Martin, you should update pics of your collection from time to time.

My turn, won't be getting anything new this month. And year. Still waiting for second X-Men omnibus...

Didn't make my research with Batman R.I.P., I've bought Titan's copy, not DC, is there any difference? At least it was cheap. I'm getting closer to get whole Morrison's run, except B&R Absolute.

Here's my haul:

I don't even know why I got YA omni.Oh, wait a minute, I know, Kieron's work on Uber was fantastic, I have first HC and it's a great stuff, very gory and graphic, so I've decided to give him a small trust credit here, don't know anything else what he's been working on.

What I'm really proud of is Sixth Gun Gunslinger Edition vol 1. Here's the story: I've seen it in soo many colletion - well, normal HC edition - that I wanted to get my hands on it. Found out about Gunslinger Edition, found it on FP.co.uk. but didn't have money to buy it at that time. When I got money item was sold out - yeah, you can imagine my rage, I was checking availability every bloody day - but found it on FP.international, where p&p was more expensive, but only few quid, not a big deal. Ordered it straight away and few hours later I've been checking their website to find out that edition is on back order now. I've thought I got lucky and purchased last one, written an email to them asking would I get my order. Reply was heartbreaking: it's on back order now, they don't have it in stock but will contact the supplier and try to get it.

So I lost my hope, there are only 1000 copies and we all know what had happened with first Usagi HC collection - it costs around 300 pounds on Amazon marketplace.

Now it's time for happy ending: I've received email from FP two days ago saying that order has been despatched! Couldn't believe that, I guess they still can get some copies from Oni Press, mine has 857 number, has signatures of all authors, so if you want to get your copy, better be fast. It's a beauty, bigger than absolute format, case is sturdy, you'd get two litographs, and that's for 57 quid including p&p. Now tell me what you get from Marvel for same money, just another generic looking omnibus with thin paper, with smaller and smaller page count. **** Marvel, I'd say.

Now I need to get Parker Martini and Fear Agent books.

Last edited by lvizzz; 12-31-2014 at 09:33 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Very nice Lvizzz. It's a very nice book, though I'm content with my normal Deluxe
    It's a very good story, I'm looking forward towards vol 2
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Very nice Lvizzz. It's a very nice book, though I'm content with my normal Deluxe
    It's a very good story, I'm looking forward towards vol 2
    I would have but found out about this edition. Damn all those limited editions!

Already pre-ordered vol 2, it will be only 500 copies, maybe they didn't sell that well after all.

EDIT:

Oh, and FP packaging was great. Thick box, book was placed in heavy duty envelope inside that box - it wasn't bubble wrap - and packed in original ONI Press box. Very happy with their service, would recommend.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 12-31-2014 at 09:51 AM.

My friend has sent me few pics of Technopriest HC, another limited stuff, but I won't get me hands on that book in next few months, will be sitting in Poland. And 13 first issues of XIII have arrived as well, don't have pictures thou.

That Sixth Gun books looks really cool! I ordered volume 2 of that. Might have to check in with FP too for volume 1.

Those Titan books used to be the same as the DC books, except for the logo. So no worries about missing contents.

Anyway... checking out for the year now. We had a blast, despite the restart. Looking forward to see everyone back in the new year. Best wishes to everyone for 2015!!

That Sixth Gun books looks really cool! I ordered volume 2 of that. Might have to check in with FP too for volume 1.

Those Titan books used to be the same as the DC books, except for the logo. So no worries about missing contents.

Anyway... checking out for the year now. We had a blast, despite the restart. Looking forward to see everyone back in the new year. Best wishes to everyone for 2015!!
    It's worth it, at least you know what are you getting for your money. Martin, you're expert with comics, does variant cover of Parker Martini includes any extras limited for only this variant edition or it's all the same?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Oh, Lvizzz, if you're looking for great Gillen comics, check out his Journey into Mystery. It's one of the best comics of the decade
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47