Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Rewrite the events

So I'm currently re-reading Avengers vs X-Men. It got me thinking if you could rewrite some of the Marvel Comics events, first off would you? secondly how? thirdly would you change one little thing or the whole event?

I'd rewrite Civil War 2. Instead of heroes fighting heroes it would be villains fighting villains.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

At the end of Secret Invasion, the real Jarvis kills Veranke with a glock he's holding side grip, he becomes President of Earth, and all the female superheroes join his harem.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'd rewrite Civil War 2. Instead of heroes fighting heroes it would be villains fighting villains.
    Yeah, a villain Civil War is something we should see at some point, especially since you could have them trying to take advantage of the increasing fractiousness of the "heroes" usually opposing them, but clashing with each other as much as the "heroes" do.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    At the end of Secret Invasion, the real Jarvis kills Veranke with a glock he's holding side grip, he becomes President of Earth, and all the female superheroes join his harem.
    I would take that over Norman Osborn and his Dark Reign, which always felt like, "You thought Tony Stark was an evil billionaire fascist creep? You ain't seen s*** yet!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

AvX completely
    The J-man

iMan 42s

The 2099 event would be reworked almost entirely with the lead in only being a potential outcome Spider-man witnesses should Doom get the future-seeing device in the present. There's just too much fat in the event. FF, Venom, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Conan, Doctor Doom, and even Spider-man 2099 all have **** all to do with anything. Suffice to say that the story would just revolve around Doom gaining the device and then he would seize control with the one shots being about the effects he has on the world and things unraveling. Doom in the present then decides its simply not worth it.
    And then rather than a Symkaria plot that's derivative and not as good as what's happening in Doctor Doom even at the time, Doom catches a brief glimpse of the future he sees over in the Doctor Doom book.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The 2099 event would be reworked almost entirely with the lead in only being a potential outcome Spider-man witnesses should Doom get the future-seeing device in the present. There's just too much fat in the event. FF, Venom, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Conan, Doctor Doom, and even Spider-man 2099 all have **** all to do with anything. Suffice to say that the story would just revolve around Doom gaining the device and then he would seize control with the one shots being about the effects he has on the world and things unraveling. Doom in the present then decides its simply not worth it.
    And then rather than a Symkaria plot that's derivative and not as good as what's happening in Doctor Doom even at the time, Doom catches a brief glimpse of the future he sees over in the Doctor Doom book.
    Sounds like a good rewrite. The character-centric one-shots, for me, would be folded into an anthology mini running alongside the main 2099 story event, showing how the future being rewritten impacts the characters and culminating in a team-up between the protagonists of each individual chapter to take on Doom, led by the "new" Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The Crossing, and Id pretty much re-write the whole thing.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Uh, IVX and Inhumanity. I think they should've asked the X-Men for advice on how to deal with superhuman and the general public. In the real world, I think they'd work together. And like the other superhero vs. superhero events, they should've teamed up against any villain. They did so with Apocalypse in the past.

BANNED

rewrite avengers vs xmen by removing the avengers from the main narrative, but allowing some sort of phoenix related issue to create tie ins like inferno had everyone react to the situation without being a part of the narrative, but the finale to hope summers and the arc started in decimation shouldn’t have been taken over as way to push down mutants and clarify who was on top

I too would definitely retool the AvX event.

1. I would involve Cable & Rachel more heavily in the training of Hope Summers.
    2. The true antagonist would be the Shi'Ar, with some underhanded dealings made by S.W.O.R.D/Agent Brand
    3. The conflict between the Avengers & X-Men would stem from said underhanded dealings and Cable's vision about the Avengers coming to claim Hope.
    4. The whole hide & seek between A+X would still happen.
    5. Abandon the Phoenix Five disaster in favor of a Summers Family division (Cable, Rachel & Hope)
    6. Avengers & X-Men come together to save the planet from the Shi'Ar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I too would definitely retool the AvX event.

1. I would involve Cable & Rachel more heavily in the training of Hope Summers.
    2. The true antagonist would be the Shi'Ar, with some underhanded dealings made by S.W.O.R.D/Agent Brand
    3. The conflict between the Avengers & X-Men would stem from said underhanded dealings and Cable's vision about the Avengers coming to claim Hope.
    4. The whole hide & seek between A+X would still happen.
    5. Abandon the Phoenix Five disaster in favor of a Summers Family division (Cable, Rachel & Hope)
    6. Avengers & X-Men come together to save the planet from the Shi'Ar
    I like your idea for an AvX rewrite best. I also agree with Force de Phenix about rewriting the Inhuman push so that the Inhumans and mutants become allies and present a united front against human bigotry and prejudice. Both would have worked out a lot better and with a lot less ill will from the fandom than demonizing and marginalizing the X-Men in order to prop up the Avengers and/or the Inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like your idea for an AvX rewrite best. I also agree with Force de Phenix about rewriting the Inhuman push so that the Inhumans and mutants become allies and present a united front against human bigotry and prejudice. Both would have worked out a lot better and with a lot less ill will from the fandom than demonizing and marginalizing the X-Men in order to prop up the Avengers and/or the Inhumans.
    True, but there are no sign's of that changing unfortunaly

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    True, but there are no sign's of that changing unfortunaly
    Yeah, it is sad that a lot of the momentum we could have had in the last decade or so was shortchanged by executive/editorial pettiness.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Secret Invasion would have had far more research into Marvels past. Huge opportunity to rewrite/explain micharacterisations or kill/bring back who they wanted. More shocks as to who was actually a Skrull, with detailed flashbacks in the accompanying Avengers book showing how, in-canon, that actually worked.
    Added something slightly different to Reed just “figuring out how to tell who is a Skrull”...perhaps a ragtag team go undercover and we get more spy-shenanigans before the big fight. REALLY hone in on the “who can you trust” thing.