And the Drag Queen D’Manda Martini responded:

50B2A0FB-A9B6-4994-B480-57784029281A.jpg

And I, being pedantic and a bit of a show off said this:

6B766422-A513-4218-A40D-94584BA604B3.jpg

So I sketched quickly.

439B9679-EB52-4BE4-8780-63141C358FEB.jpg

And:

5F342200-96F7-4594-A035-F9859C87F1B3.jpg

I may have just become a drag fashion designer.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As much as I miss her in-comic doing superhero stuff on a team...I can honestly understand if she herself is written as not being interested in "That Life" and wants a more quiet, relaxed, on-Island existence. As canonically, she's never actively pursued Heroism. If it wasn't for Malice, she would still be touring with Lila Cheney across the galaxies.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Outback Dazzler appreciation...

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Oooooh I DIG!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oooooh I DIG!
    Thank you! I see all these Dazzler redesigns that use paramilitary concepts like body armor or simple color blocking on spandex... and I hate it. Alison's whole THANG is that she wants to be a pop star, but her mutancy means the fight always finds her. Any definitive look needs to be couture popstar fashun. And while I fondly remember the Outback blue spandex, her silver disco look is far more punk rock.

The Ross design is so easy to modify, and I had just finished an episode of Drag Race. I think it shows. The jumpsuit/harem pants is top-to-bottom iridescent pastel sequence, and both of her arms are covered in reflective henna blue stars. And while I normally hate heels on heroines, I think here it makes sense. Dazzler, to ME, is P!nk x Gaga / Goldfrapp.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Anyone have that picture of Dazzler holding her light saber from New Excalibur?
    I did not even know this was a thing...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Outback Dazzler appreciation...

The only Claremazon that can shine while being hetero

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The only Claremazon that can shine while being hetero
    You don't think Jean is similarly strictly dickly?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    You don't think Jean is similarly strictly dickly?
    No. Claremont even gave her tentacles. And she started to like them like Callisto.

Later on, I’m just glad Storm was transformed into a kid when Jean and her reunited. They were SO happy to see each other. Who knows what would have happened.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I don't know, in New Excalibur he made Dazz and Nocturne SUPER close SUPER quick and some of it can be read as his usual subtext or coding. She didn't have that in his first run with her, she was all about Longshot and her flirtation with Havok, but he definitely threw some moments into New Excalibur.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I don't know, in New Excalibur he made Dazz and Nocturne SUPER close SUPER quick and some of it can be read as his usual subtext or coding. She didn't have that in his first run with her, she was all about Longshot and her flirtation with Havok, but he definitely threw some moments into New Excalibur.
    Really. I didn’t know that. Did he do the same with Sage in that book?

Did Juggernaut still have a crush Dazzler?

He didn't really give Sage any undercurrents, she was all very much on the page. I don't think New Excalibur was good for Sage, he had to rehabilitate her a bit in New Exiles I think.

Juggernaut still had a crush on Dazz and they were a nice duo quite a few times, and there was a slight subplot with Nocturne liking him and being jealous of his feelings for Dazz and how Dazz wasn't good enough for him or something. I remember it being very weird and only mentioned once or twice. CC had his stroke while on the book and a lot of the fill in work was disjointed, and his pick up of plots after his return was really off as well.

I did not care at all for Dazzler's time on New Excalibur. Everything felts so off about her from her characterization down to her look. I just don't think CC ever liked or truly got her character.

I think she was always editorially pushed on him.

VERY RANDOM STORY: Way back in my NYC life, I was friends with one of CC's good friends and when the announcement came out about New Excalibur I was super excited and was downstairs smoking a cigarette on my lunch break and she came by on her way upstairs to the office and we talked for a minute. She saw my stack of comics and told me about her friendship with CC and then decided to call him so I could talk to him. I was handed the phone and I thanked him for all of his work on the X-Men and he asked who my favorite character was and I said "Dazzler" and that I was excited about New Excalibur.. I thought the line went dead and then he goes "...Oh.." and told me it was a pleasure speaking with me. It was awkward, to say the least.