Page 639 of 1455 FirstFirst ... 1395395896296356366376386396406416426436496897391139 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 21811

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    His intent was construed as being disrespectful, by some. There's a difference.

I did not see it as disrespectful.

Yes, people should know better...that not every twitter infraction is cancel worthy, no matter how much you disagree with it.
    Absolute majority thought it wasn't respectiful and himself deleted the tweet.

There is nothing worthy of defending there

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    People need to develop thicker skin. Everyone is not going to agree with you all the time. And that’s okay. If you find that hurtful, well, it’s not meant to be. Maybe unplug for a minute, take a walk, and the offending point of view won’t matter so much if put in perspective. This guy is from a different country, with a different culture, maybe not quite as enlightened as you think he should be on this topic. Okay. Perhaps some folks can engage him in dialogue rather than social media “torches and pitchfork” behavior and change his perspective. That’s how this used to work, once upon a time. I really hope Marvel doesn’t boot him. His art is fantastic IMO. And that’s all that matters to me. I don’t give a crap what this guy thinks in his private life... within reason obviously (if he advocates for molesting children and cannibalism I think that would be a problem, for example).

Remember when it was okay to just not know what everyone thought on every issue under the sun? Good times. If creators were smart, they’d abandon social media with the quickness and find other ways to share their art with their fans and promote their work. It’s getting too risky out there to engage with fans because someone is always going to find something to be offended by unless you just say only what it is you know they want to hear, in which case why bother.
    Thicker skin?

so people talk lies and wrong things and I have to let it go?

You could try that, yes. It happens every day. Turn on the news. Lots and lots of distortions and lies. If you’re going to get upset over all of them, you’re going to burn yourself out, my friend. Best to try to put them in perspective and decide which ones really are worth your time. This one doesn’t seem like it is. Like you said, he already deleted it, clearly understanding he’d upset some folks. You want him fired over it too? If so, more power to you I guess. Continue your crusade to get him off the book. I’m not going to get upset over it one way or the other. I guess it’s your choice to decide how deeply offended you were by his lack of understanding on the issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've never cared about what "the majority" thinks.

I read his tweet. I did not find it disrespectful. And I defend my very worthy position/opinion, thank you very much.

The nerve!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

if you don't understand something, you have two options: say nothing or learn.

misinformation about sexual abuse doesn't help victims, but does a good job of perpetuating abuse and abusers.
    Don't be that guy/woman

I read his tweet. I did not find it disrespectful. And I defend my very worthy position/opinion, thank you very much.

The nerve!
    Good for you. Better be careful, though. Someone might want you fired next for not caring. Remember, it’s not enough to just not say something that upsets someone. Now silence is being complicit too.

I’m not on Twitter so I didn’t see his tweet. In this instance, ignorance is truly bliss and I cannot wait to buy his upcoming issues of Wolverine because all I know of this man is that I like his artwork. And hopefully that’s all I ever need to know of him.

You could try that, yes. It happens every day. Turn on the news. Lots and lots of distortions and lies. If you’re going to get upset over all of them, you’re going to burn yourself out, my friend. Best to try to put them in perspective and decide which ones really are worth your time. This one doesn’t seem like it is. Like you said, he already deleted it, clearly understanding he’d upset some folks. You want him fired over it too? If so, more power to you I guess. Continue your crusade to get him off the book. I’m not going to get upset over it one way or the other. I guess it’s your choice to decide how deeply offended you were by his lack of understanding on the issue.
    Pretty much.

The Devil's Latrine, indeed.
    And there are those who willingly drown themselves in the faecal matter day in day out without realising the harm they do to themselves.

Buh wha yuh go do...?
    Yuh jus ha tuh let dem be, let dem drown.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The nerve!
    ok if you don't care for a lot of people that were hurt and that were also victims.
    you should listen them the same way that you listened to viktor
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-27-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    if you don't understand something, you have two options: say nothing or learn.

misinformation about sexual abuse doesn't help victims, but does a good job of perpetuating abuse and abusers.
    Don't be that guy/woman
    Clearly he learned something as he took it down. So, mission accomplished as you guys have now enlightened him. At least in so much as he now understands that his position is offensive and hurtful to some people.

Anyway. Back to talking about upcoming art, these panels look great. His art is very reminiscent of Capullo’s early stuff on X-Force, of which I am a big fan.

Good for you. Better be careful, though. Someone might want you fired next for not caring. Remember, it’s not enough to just not say something that upsets someone. Now silence is being complicit too.

I’m not on Twitter so I didn’t see his tweet. In this instance, ignorance is truly bliss and I cannot wait to buy his upcoming issues of Wolverine because all I know of this man is that I like his artwork. And hopefully that’s all I ever need to know of him.
    You are certainly one of the more enlightened, among us. I pray that you remain as such.

Belittling systemic misogyny isn’t being enlightened, it’s finding a way to ignore the problem which is.... ironically the problem in the first place. Y’all are praising yourselves by not listening to the victims then acting smarmy by being “centrist.” It’s just laziness.

Anyway. Back to talking about upcoming art, these panels look great. His art is very reminiscent of Capullo’s early stuff on X-Force, of which I am a big fan.
    I'm trade-waiting this...I just couldn't allow myself to go over-budget with this title. Though, it's the first time since his first volume that I was sorely tempted to buy a Wolverine solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Belittling systemic misogyny isn’t being enlightened, it’s finding a way to ignore the problem which is.... ironically the problem in the first place. Y’all are praising yourselves by not listening to the victims then acting smarmy by being “centrist.” It’s just laziness.
    I was referring to his decision to not have a Twiiter account as being an enlightened one.

Bogdanovic is not a criminal. He did not commit any crime. All he did was send out an "unfortunate" tweet...that was/is easily "ignorable". (I didn't even know of it until this thread an few post up and asked a question.)

Some of y'all need to learn to how to read and comprehend, and stop misconstruing and misrepresenting people's words.

Personally, I am fully aware of the Systemic issues within the Industry, (as within many other industries) but I also choose to purposely ignore the garbage that twitter spews forth on a daily basis...as Twitter is by far the very least reliable source of factual information. So I completely understand where Jack is coming from.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-27-2020 at 11:18 AM.

I was referring to his decision to not have a Twiiter account as being an enlightened one.
    Bogdanovic is not a criminal. He did not commit any crime. All he did was send out an "unfortunate" tweet...that was/easily "ignorable". I didn't even know of it until this thread an few post up.

Some of y'all need to learn to how to read and comprehend, bloody hell!
    Who called him a criminal?? Looks like I’m not the only one who needs to read.

Actions should have consequences and it shouldn’t take an actual crime for said offenses to come into play. You clearly bolded the broader points of that paragraph that talked about ignorant bliss, which was what I was referring to. The big issue, besides male editors and writers being entrenched in a system in which they can sexually harass their peers with nothing ever being done, is that alllllll the “good” artists and writers know of this but have stayed relatively silent until now. For Viktor to belittle the issue by making a joke post about roundhouse kicks instead of tackling the system head-on is incredibly tonedeaf. And acting as if nothing he did was wrong is further perpetuating that same sexist institution.

There was a LOT of thought out into that post. Rather than listen to the women around him speaking out about their horrific stories, he decided to come out and be ignorant. Especially after so much silence surrounding the current uprisings. He’s a grown ass man and needs to be held accountable for what he puts on his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You call it “lazy” while I call it being selective about what I choose to be offended by. Hard to be offended by noise on social media platforms that I’m not even on. Just saying. If you want to fight every facebook post and tweet that you deem offensive with equal vigor, so be it. More power to you. I’ll continue to do my thing, though. And while you’re doing that, I’ll be doing what I do and focusing on what matters to me. Guess we’ll see at the end of the day who is more productive, successful and ultimately happy. You do you, I’ll do me. Peace, Tycon.

Also, you guys got me curious, so I checked it out. The original tweet is gone but he posted this...

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...06099215958017

Is that satisfactory or do you need him fired? And can we please get back to focusing on upcoming artwork in this thread at some point? Thanks.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-27-2020 at 11:19 AM.