Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Create a X-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm here for the grammar argument.
    ^^^yeah, that was unexpectedly funny af, really!

I'd rather rethink an already existing mutant, to make them somehow interesting, instead of creating a new one.
    Is there a thread for that? Make a thread for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Is there a thread for that? Make a thread for that!
    I don't think it would gather much traction, specially because people seem sowhat relutanct to share their own arts here. At least I rarely see it here.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to rethink who Trance is, what she should look like and how to make her interesting for writers. It's just a project to help develop my PS skills. I'll probably share it on the New X-men thread when I'm done.

LOL! I stopped by for the grammar argument as well. But I kinda like the idea thread. Have to think outside the box.

I'm not sure if a character like this exist but how about: a mutant mercenary by the codename: The Sickness

Power set: Can generate a field around himself that makes anyone or anything living violently sick. He can control the magnitude of the sickness. It can be limited to something benign like a splitting headache or vomiting your lunch or it can be extreme like a stroke or vomiting blood. If he focuses hard enough he can create an illness within someone's body.

weakness: Telepaths, and long range attacks.

He's an anti-hero, floats between hero and villian. Military trained, Definitely outfor himself. and if he was in an X-book it would be either X-Force or maybe Marauders.

I don't think it would gather much traction, specially because people seem sowhat relutanct to share their own arts here. At least I rarely see it here.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to rethink who Trance is, what she should look like and how to make her interesting for writers. It's just a project to help develop my PS skills. I'll probably share it on the New X-men thread when I'm done.
    You may be right on the traction thing.
    For me, I just notice a real lack of feedback to things (like the post I made bumping this thread), good bad or indifferent.
    As to your ideas for Trance, I hope I get to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    LOL! I stopped by for the grammar argument as well. But I kinda like the idea thread. Have to think outside the box.

I'm not sure if a character like this exist but how about: a mutant mercenary by the codename: The Sickness

Power set: Can generate a field around himself that makes anyone or anything living violently sick. He can control the magnitude of the sickness. It can be limited to something benign like a splitting headache or vomiting your lunch or it can be extreme like a stroke or vomiting blood. If he focuses hard enough he can create an illness within someone's body.

He's an anti-hero, floats between hero and villian. Military trained, Definitely outfor himself. and if he was in an X-book it would be either X-Force or maybe Marauders.
    Your character’s reminiscent of DC’s Infectious Lass, but still different enough to be its own thing. It seems a neat ability!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    You may be right on the traction thing.
    For me, I just notice a real lack of feedback to things (like the post I made bumping this thread), good bad or indifferent.
    As to your ideas for Trance, I hope I get to see them!
    Let me be the first then!

I feel like he's a little overload with powers? Like, strong body, unable to be diretcly hit by other living beings and able to see their weaknesess. I'd pick two of these instead of three.

Another thing, most mutants have some visual effect to indicate what their powers are and when it's been used, i.e. Wolvie's claws, Cyke's beans and even telepathy like Jean and Emma's. It has to be something interesting for when readers are seeing them. What kind of effect would you use to show him using his powers?

Besides that, I'd explore his personality.

Also, he looks cool. Did you draw that or did you take it from somewhere else?

He's an anti-hero, floats between hero and villian. Military trained, Definitely out for himself. and if he was in an X-book it would be either X-Force or maybe Marauders.
    I like the way you thought about him. Specially the area of effect of his powers, as it seems anyone inside of it would get sick, as in he doesn't choose who to make sick when close to him. Personally I'd make him get part of the symptons he inflicts to others for when he is, as you've said, hard focused.

Bubble Girl/Baloom/Bubbles (not sure of which one as of yet)
    A girl in her early 20s passed herself off everyday to her family as the clown Baloom! Always hiding under heavy makeup her prejudice family wouldnt notice her pink skin. Until her salvation came in the form of a living island Krakoa!
    Powes
    She can take on a form that has the super elasticity. She can control the density of her form to the point of weightless or to where anything bounces off of her. She can also blow bubbles and manipulate them to her will. For instance she can blow a giant bubble around herself and others to make a protective barrier or offensively she can blow a bubble around an enemy's head and suffocate them. In her bubble form she is nearly indestructible she can't be pierced but she can be hacked. If you do hack off a limb she can just reform another.
    Appearance
    A tall, thick, pink skinned blonde haired blue eyed loud jersey girl.
    Personality/Interest
    Loud, outgoing, comic relief, heat of gold, loves pop culture, X-Men fangirl, obsessed with being the next wolverine sidekick. Loves to pull pranks. She does clown parlor tricks to lighten the mood. Making children happy is what she lives for.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 07-07-2020 at 10:14 PM.

I like the way you thought about him. Specially the area of effect of his powers, as it seems anyone inside of it would get sick, as in he doesn't choose who to make sick when close to him. Personally I'd make him get part of the symptons he inflicts to others for when he is, as you've said, hard focused.
    Thanks! There is definitely a specific range that his powers can spread. And no he can control his field. He's learn to control it so its not an involuntary thing like Rogue's power set. He's in control, and he was taught control by a 'mystery' person. LOL. And speaking of inflicting symptoms on others. I have another idea for a X-Man, or an X-Man

Can be Male or Female character by the name of Feedback.

Powers: Any pain or action inflicted upon them can be fed back to the person inflicting pain or action. Ex: Wolverine stabbing her or him in the stomach but he feels the pain and receives the injury.

Weakness: Water/ drowning

I don't think a character like this exist in the Marvel Universe if they do my bad LOL and where can I read about them.

Thanks! There is definitely a specific range that his powers can spread. And no he can control his field. He's learn to control it so its not an involuntary thing like Rogue's power set. He's in control, and he was taught control by a 'mystery' person. LOL. And speaking of inflicting symptoms on others. I have another idea for a X-Man, or an X-Man

Powers: Any pain or action inflicted upon them can be fed back to the person inflicting pain or action. Ex: Wolverine stabbing her or him in the stomach but he feels the pain and receives the injury.

I don't think a character like this exist in the Marvel Universe if they do my bad LOL and where can I read about them.
    I like that, it's like Queenie from AHS. She was quite powerful with that kind of power.

One idea I had was a team of mutants with weak and/or powers that were dangerous for themselves (such as, dumb example, a human torch power but with no flame resistance) that got some Chimera traits to "stabilize" and improve their powers. And they could Krakoan's Weapon X team.

Example

Subject I

Original Power: Living Antenna. His nervous system acted as an antenna, continuosly emitting EM waves and also receiving EM waves from the outside world.

Issue: He couldn't control his powers or stop the reception/trasmission. This essentially was driving him mad since he couldn't stop "hearing" EM waves. The rest of his body was ill adapted so he poisoned himself and his family with radiations in a couple months after his powers manifested.

Chimera Treatment:
    - Cypher [OMNILINGUIST] DNA allows him to understand the "language" of EM waves, so he can actually understand the information carried by waves;
    - Firestar [MICROWAVES MANIPULATION] DNA allows him to withstand the effect of his powers on all frequencies and with every level of power he can produce;
    - Polaris [EM MANIPULATION] DNA gives him fine tuning and control over the EM energy he produces, essentially allowing him to simulate any antenna system using only his brain.

Limits: he still gets "lost" while listening to EM waves, even though he's now able to shut his powers off.

Let me be the first then!

I feel like he's a little overload with powers? Like, strong body, unable to be diretcly hit by other living beings and able to see their weaknesess. I'd pick two of these instead of three.

Another thing, most mutants have some visual effect to indicate what their powers are and when it's been used, i.e. Wolvie's claws, Cyke's beans and even telepathy like Jean and Emma's. It has to be something interesting for when readers are seeing them. What kind of effect would you use to show him using his powers?

Besides that, I'd explore his personality.

Also, he looks cool. Did you draw that or did you take it from somewhere else?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Don’t agree on overboard w. powers, considering how overboard w. powers a lot mutants are. At most he’s on board!
    If I remember right (it’s been over 10 years), combining 3 powers was part of the OP. You wanna talk overboard? PPL were combing Magneto/X-Man/Juggernaut...i do remember making mine lower tier on purpose!

I gave him some limitations which I listed, which most characters mutants or not, usually don’t have. He’s not untouchable, though you’d think so, he can see weaknesses but not always take advantage of them, and he could literally pass out from overexerting himself if he couldn’t get some food and water.

The yellow glow in his left eye...
    ...is actually a manifestation of his powers. It would come and go, depending how hard he’s fighting, or how taxed his powers were (getting attacked on multiple fronts, reading a large or powerful object for weaknesses...).

W. a name like “funboy”, I figured he’d actually be self-deprecating, though quick w. the jokes at others’ expense as well. Basically an acquired taste kind of guy.

And no, I didn’t draw him, i used/altered an existing pic!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 07-08-2020 at 01:56 AM.

I think that’s called damage reflection, but I can’t think of any Marvel character that has it offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like that, it's like Queenie from AHS. She was quite powerful with that kind of power.

One idea I had was a team of mutants with weak and/or powers that were dangerous for themselves (such as, dumb example, a human torch power but with no flame resistance) that got some Chimera traits to "stabilize" and improve their powers. And they could Krakoan's Weapon X team.
    Flame power w. no resistance. That is MESSED UP!

I have a similar thread

Name: Truckload
    Powers: Can transform into a truck
    Bio: A trucker who performs task for the X-Men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I have a similar thread

Name: Truckload
    Powers: Can transform into a truck
    Bio: A trucker who performs task for the X-Men
    So Optimus Prime as a Mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So Optimus Prime as a Mutant?
    Pretty much, but maybe he has a southern accent so Redneck Optimus Prime as mutant lol

K9
    Ahmar Clifford, from Detroit

He's 12 years old and able to turn into a pack of dogs. Never less than 3, never more than 9. He can choose what dogs he becomes. The dogs vanish if they're not near the others.

At Xavier's, he's learning to spread the distance his dogs persist, so he can track in multiple directions. He wants to turn into wolves, but the best he can manage is a pitbull.

Graverobber

A brazilian mutant with the power to control dead bodies of any kind. Imagine the Nightking from GoT.

He looks like a black John Constantine, but better dressed and healthier. At his introduction he would be controlling birds, insects and other animal, giving the impression that his power is animal control, but later it would be revealed that he is a necromancer.

He would become a little like Frankenstein, maybe starting to modify corpses, like transforming them in undead cyborgs, perhaps even learning some magic to complement his powers. I have this image in my head of him using Blob's corpses as a bodyguard.

He would be one of the good guys.