Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you watch an Eternals movie?

I've always thought The Eternals were potentially one of Kirby's most interesting creations but they've never really gotten their due in the comics.

However, I can see a real future for them on the big screen.

What makes them unique is that they are not only a race of awesomely powerful superbeings but also immortals who have lived hidden among humans for thousands of years quietly intervening in human affairs to protect the world from their enemies, the Deviants.

I can see the potential for a huge centuries-spanning sci-fi action franchise here, sort of like Highlander meets Assassin's Creed meets the X-men.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Dr Quinch; 11-17-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I would give them a movie tickets worth unless the cast/plot/director looks bad

Could be cool, risky but id give it a shot. Though unrelated id like to see Fox try an exiles movies. LOT is already doing the same thing pretty much on CW but its the charatcers that make exiles cool plus Blink powers looked bad ass in DOFP, her and maybe Liev coming back as sabertooth could be fun. Plus ive always had a soft spot for AoA sabertooth, i dont know why but in AoA and the exiles.he always resonated with me. So see that take on sabertooth brought to the big screen would be amazing for me.

Sersi might be fun to see in the MCU .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sersi might be fun to see in the MCU .
    I agree.- Druig would also have been a my wish villian for Thor3.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am not sure. This is one of those properties that could be really good or just a total trainwreck in the wrong hands.

i was really excited when i read the eternals origin back in the day. later i found out that it smelled a lot like erich von däniken. i was a little ambigoius on the subject for a while, but now i think comics are the perfect place for space gene-engineering. if it is not another battlefield earth, i´d give it a try
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Yes, I wish they'd use more of their cosmic properties.

Yeah, if they do Kirby; no for anything else. never cared for any interpretation other than Kirby's and still think it was better before they shoehorned it into the Marvel U, partway into Kirby's run. Roy Thomas' stuff, on Thor, was about as close as it ever came to Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I've always thought The Eternals were potentially one of Kirby's most interesting creations but they've never really gotten their due in the comics.

However, I can see a real future for them on the big screen.

What makes them unique is that they are not only a race of awesomely powerful superbeings but also immortals who have lived hidden among humans for thousands of years quietly intervening in human affairs to protect the world from their enemies, the Deviants.

I can see the potential for a huge centuries-spanning sci-fi action franchise here, sort of like Highlander meets Assassin's Creed meets the X-men.

What do you guys think?
    I liked the Eternals, but original? Come on. Kirby himself explored the same ground (at least) twice -- X-Men (with Stan Lee) and New Gods.

I'd go to an Eternals movie -- if it was good.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Could be cool, risky but id give it a shot. Though unrelated id like to see Fox try an exiles movies. LOT is already doing the same thing pretty much on CW but its the charatcers that make exiles cool plus Blink powers looked bad ass in DOFP, her and maybe Liev coming back as sabertooth could be fun. Plus ive always had a soft spot for AoA sabertooth, i dont know why but in AoA and the exiles.he always resonated with me. So see that take on sabertooth brought to the big screen would be amazing for me.
    I'd love to see an Exiles TV show (though I'm not sure the economics would work). My one qualm is that one of the conceits of the comic series was that characters die and are replaced by new characters. TV has an aversion to that.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'd love to see an Exiles TV show (though I'm not sure the economics would work). My one qualm is that one of the conceits of the comic series was that characters die and are replaced by new characters. TV has an aversion to that.

Sandy Hausler
    Blinks powers looked cool in dofp i dont think you can do that on a tv show budget. Have blink be at the center of show with sabertooth being the Ned Stark of it. The emotional center whos death takes you off guard. Maybe fold gambit into this series aswell since his movie is.never happening. Id like thos as a HbO or showtime show but its highly doubtful it could work like you said because the economics.

BANNED

I don't really know what the Eternals are, but I'd probably buy the blueray.
    Last edited by Carabas; 11-19-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't really know what the Eternals are, but I'd probably by the blueray.
    Thanos is one if it helps, humans modified by the celestials. but hes also a mutant IIRC. They are like precursors to muatants and to the krees attempts that made the Inhumans. IIRC i dont know awhole lot about them
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-18-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thanos is one if it helps, humans modified by the celestials. but hes also a mutant IIRC. They are like precursors to muatants and to the krees attempts that made the Inhumans. IIRC i dont know awhole lot about them
    They are immortal, beautiful, arrogant protectors of earth who often got confused with gods, they mainly protect humans from the aggresive deviant's that are trying to take the planet as the dominate lifeforms.

eterbals.jpg
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 11-18-2016 at 08:56 PM.