Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Extraordinary X-Men, #7

• As one team of X-Men stages a daring rescue mission in Weirdworld, another team stages one in the psyche of their teammate!
    • Something happened to Nightcrawler that left his mind in turmoil. Determined to bring their friend back to sanity, Storm and Jean Grey enter his mind...but are they prepared for what awaits them there?
    • Meanwhile, Old Man Logan, Colossus, Iceman and Magik discover just who it is they're on a mission to rescue in the wilds of Weirdworld...and the truth might tear the team apart!

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

i want the real kurt back

Great art. Questionable story.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Am I the only one thinking Storm is acting like a novice when she and Jean are in Kurt's mindscape?
    She is a longtime X-Man with lots of experiences with telepaths - Prof X, Jean Grey, Amahl Farouk, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Pryor, M, Quentin Quire, etc.
    One would assume she knows what it would be like to enter someone's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Am I the only one thinking Storm is acting like a novice when she and Jean are in Kurt's mindscape?
    She is a longtime X-Man with lots of experiences with telepaths - Prof X, Jean Grey, Amahl Farouk, Psylocke, Emma Frost, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Pryor, M, Quentin Quire, etc.
    Maybe the mist and living with demons is affecting her.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Still can't believe nobody joked about Storm letting herself go because Cyclops wasn't around.

Anyway. Show of hands, peeps. Exactly how many people are actually worried that, quote, "the truth might tear the team apart?"

Or maybe it's daydreaming and fantasizing about Xavier the whole day that is distracting her?

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Or maybe it's daydreaming and fantasizing about Xavier the whole day that is distracting her?
    She bawled like a little girl when Wolvie died, who knows, maybe homegirl isn't over that.
    Someone please hook her up with Old Man Logan...

She bawled like a little girl when Wolvie died, who knows, maybe homegirl isn't over that.
    Someone please hook her up with Old Man Logan...
    Someone please let her go back to being the strong and competent character she used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Still can't believe nobody joked about Storm letting herself go because Cyclops wasn't around.
    Anyway. Show of hands, peeps. Exactly how many people are actually worried that, quote, "the truth might tear the team apart?"

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Storm's going through some serious emotional trials at the moment. No wonder she's so confused... and delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It is just the usual comic book hyperbole, you know, phrases like:
    - this issue: everyone dies!
    - things will never be the same again!
    - spider-man no more!
    - the avengers break up!
    - for the multiverse to survive... X/Y/Z must make the ultimate sacrifice!

I noticed this ever since the first issue. Lemiere has been writing her, as well as the majority of the team except for young Jean, as a group of inexperienced novices bumbling and fumbling their way throughout the book. I dropped it because it just doesn't feel like the team I remember and lost interest.

Cullen Bunn on the other hand is writing a great Uncanny Xmen story at the moment.

Issue seems ok..I'd really like to see Kurt salvaged and moved to All New Xmen.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looks ok, I've been enjoying this book so far so I'm looking forward to getting it. Storm does come across as a complete novice though as has been noted.

10 bucks that Nightcrawler is traumatized because he witnessed the so bad, so terrible, so disgusting, so repugnant, so evil, so atrocious, so awful, so dreadful, so unacceptable, so gross, so abominable, so godawful thing that Cyclops did during the time skip, but we still we wont find out what he actually did.

5 bucks that Teen Jean and/or Magik were part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Someone please let her go back to being the strong and competent character she used to be.

Storm's going through some serious emotional trials at the moment. No wonder she's so confused... and delusional.
    I think that she is still suffering of the crippling AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHATE syndrome.

10 bucks that Nightcrawler is traumatized because he witnessed the so bad, so terrible, so disgusting, so repugnant, so evil, so atrocious, so awful, so dreadful, so unacceptable, so gross, so abominable, so godawful thing that Cyclops did during the time skip, but we still we wont find out what he actually did.
    Errr... Nightcrawler was in issue one and he didn't looked that traumatized. He was traumatized by what happened after he was captured, no?