Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Batman fear WW I don't know if it is funny or infuriating.
    Based on some of the things she has done in JL, why wouldn't he be?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    On the page it was subtly and tastefully conveyed enough to come to the logical conclusion that yes, they have been physically intimate. Then on top of that you have Soule confirming it flat out, so there really isn't much room for debate at the present time. Not only is the evidence there, the confirmation is there. Unless he were to be overruled by someone(s) higher than he and he had to go back and put a new spin on their pillow talk, but I can't imagine why that would happen. As it currently stands though, they've made love, so there is no delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Subtle and tasteful here reads as uncertain and ambiguous. Not to mention in direct opposition to the plotline of the previous issue.

We are talking about the company that gave us this in the first issue of Catwoman...

Naked in bed together or it never happened.

Unless of course you are saying that all those pics of them in bed on the Superman/Wonder Woman Appreciation threads are not tasteful?
    See what happens when you try to be subtle? All the more reason for earthquake sex.

BANNED

Based on some of the things she has done in JL, why wouldn't he be?
    that's where lies the problem, WW shouldn't scare anyone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    See what happens when you try to be subtle? All the more reason for earthquake sex.

BANNED

Oh, you know you love it.

Besides, if being "subtle and tasteful" leads to "uncertain and ambiguous" then earthquake sex would fix that right up!

who knows what Johns want to do, he clearly is setuping clark/lois in his Superman run.
    No he's not. He's setting up Clark's friendship with Ulysses.

Interesting, but a connection through fear souls seem unlikely based on how they needed to use the lasso to retrieve the League. Unless he's absolutely terrified of her, which again does not match Batman's mindset.

Maybe Zeus spent some time on Earth masquerading as a doctor.
    I think what was established earlier in the series makes this scenario reasonable. I mean we know he's scared of her power and the fact that, at least at the time, he knew of no way to stop her if it was necessary. His only solution was Superman, but then he's "compromised" if you will when he fell for her. That's a pretty big deal for a guy whose whole thing with metas is "work with 'em, but prepare for 'em". I think it would be reasonable based on those grounds that his fear is palpable enough to serve as the strong emotion required for the lasso plan to work.

And oh man, Batman as a demi-god? Think of all the "OMG HE REALLY IS TEH BATGOD" threads.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-27-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Which is a relationship that is unlikely to last longer than a prescribed time decided on by the writer for his character arc to build to a conclusion that the relationship itself brings to fruition. In this case, his friendship with Ulysses could help Clark grow to a place where he's more open to connecting with the humans in his life. Thus, Ulysses may be just Johns' means to an end. Now, that end doesn't have to be Clark/Lois as a couple, but it can be them growing closer as friends and colleagues.

Good point, I could see that. What I saw of Ulysses though, I liked, so I hope he's not just a means to an end. With the 4th Dimension being reintroduced, he could become a Linear Man or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It's not the same SCALE of trouble. But it would be very easy for the aforementioned paranoid asshats to imagine Green Arrow and Black Canary blowing up government buildings together, or something.
    You're right about the scale. Which is of course the point.

While any number of people could stop the combination of Green Arrow and Black Canary, a mere handful could even hope to stand against Superman and Wonder Woman combined [at least that is the premise].

One of the realities of the new DCU which you have identified, but which is hardly new, is that the only checks and balances for the heroes is the other heroes. The JLU animated series explored this as well - the elected officials who represent the interests of the people they govern quickly realise [after a bunch of parallel world rogue heroes turn up] that in any situation where they have to go toe to toe with the united heroes they would lose badly.

That being the case, the ONLY way the heroes can hope to operate successfully with any amount of cooperation from the very people they are sworn to protect is maintain their trust.

In short, people might trust Superman to stop Wonder Woman if she went bad [which could happen] and they might trust Wonder Woman to stop Superman if he went bad [which could happen] but would they trust that to happen if the two of them are romantically involved?
    And if the arbitrary demands of the masses lean toward the unreasonable, then what? Because ultimately Supes and Wondy aren't doing anything wrong.

Good point, I could see that. What I saw of Ulysses though, I liked, so I hope he's not just a means to an end. With the 4th Dimension being reintroduced, he could become a Linear Man or something.
    Oh, I hope he's not temporary either. A fourth dimensional character would be a fantastic addition to Superman's mythology, but he's not likely going to stick around as a semi-regular member of the supporting cast. He'll serve his initial purpose and then hopefully go on to pop in and out of Superman's world when a little 4D foil is needed.

BANNED

my two cents and I won't comment on it here anymore: Johns was subtitle like a brick when he made perry call out clark for no having guts to call out lois and many other things. Wally west had influence from the tv show, probably Superman will be the same case

"Many other things" is the key word. He was listing all Clark's examples of shying away from people. It wasn't subtle no, nor was it trying to be. Its been well-established by now that Clark probably had a shot with Lois earlier on but didn't take the opportunity. This isn't new knowledge, and as such, is probably hinting at absolutely nothing other than, as misslane said, the likelihood of his adventures with the Men of Tomorrow leading him to be less insulated with all his friends, Lois very much included. All Johns was doing by specifically mentioning Clark's not making a move and her ending up with Jonathon was acknowledging what came before him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.

BANNED

"Many other things" is the key word. He was listing all Clark's examples of shying away from people. It wasn't subtle no, nor was it trying to be. Its been well-established by now that Clark probably had a shot with Lois earlier on but didn't take the opportunity. This isn't new knowledge, and as such, is probably hinting at absolutely nothing other than, as misslane said, the likelihood of his adventures with the Men of Tomorrow leading him to be less insulated with all his friends, Lois very much included. All Johns was doing by specifically mentioning Clark's not making a move and her ending up with Jonathon was acknowledging what came before him.
    Lois was teased as much more than friends

She is more than just his friend. She's his best friend, and he was into her. But again, we're told nothing new here. Its not like Johns suspiciously reshuffled the deck or added any new wrench to things. He reiterated already established information.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-27-2014 at 09:09 PM.

BANNED

She is more than just his friend. She's his best friend, and he was into her. But again, we're told nothing new here. Its not like Johns suspiciously reshuffled the deck or added any new wrench to things. He reiterated already established information.
    I won't comment anymore because is offtopic, but it's pretty obvious where he is going with his run