Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    "Timothy Hunter" was suggesting giving him a presence in a TV show (he was actually in a few episodes of Arrow iirc). Not his own TV show.
    When Timothy Hunter said "I think that a Bronze Tiger CW show might work, as well as starring in a very low budget film." in Post #7, that sounds like a solo TV show to me, not a guest spot in someone else's CW show.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    When Timothy Hunter said "I think that a Bronze Tiger CW show might work, as well as starring in a very low budget film." in Post #7, that sounds like a solo TV show to me, not a guest spot in someone else's CW show.
    I can confirm this: a Bronze Tiger CW show would be cool. Also, if DC wants to go a more high budget, R-rated direction -- a Bronze Tiger AMC, HBO, or DC universe show would be interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I can confirm this: a Bronze Tiger CW show would be cool. Also, if DC wants to go a more high budget, R-rated direction -- a Bronze Tiger AMC, HBO, or DC universe show would be interesting as well.
    Thanks for the confirmation!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Ben has stepped foot in nearly every corner of the DCU since post-crisis.
    But apart from his time in the suicide squad, he was never really a protagonist in these stories, and his pre crisis and Suicide Squad Stuff is mostly ignored (and partly retconned) by the later stuff like the 2004 Richard Dragon Series, and his appearance in Batgirl. And his post Flashpoint stuff is again different.

Another problem that might arise giving Ben Turner a solo title, film, or television show is that his moniker is too similar to Black Panther, even though the two characters are nothing alike.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    What? I should know this but my memory is that of a goldfish. When did this happen? Grayson? Morrison's Batman Inc?
    Morrison brought Kathy Kane back in his run on Batman. I stopped reading Batwoman at some point so I don't know if Kate knows that Kathy is still alive.

Team book as Trio with : Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon & Lady Shiva

As it was designed:

The Dragon the Tiger and the Destroyer.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1218220

As the globe trotting adventurer heroes they were set up to be, been waiting for this book to continue since 1975. LOL!
    And yes as is, it could be a great TV series.
    All your "new" (read as derivative) ideas here are lame, none of them are going to be better then the already established original set-up:

They are the greatest adventure trio already, they were a diverse team before most of you were born, and it wasn't forced or about that, nobody was ridiculously replaced, gender or race swamped to "fix" anything, stop trying to reinvent, "revamp" or "fix" and replace with your derivative garbage, these three were ahead of all of you, and none of you (or the bozos currently running DC)will ever come up with something better. LOL!
    Just pick it up, and keep their adventure going...

And give them back their hover-jet, it was fantastic! - https://i.imgur.com/XIYOUQ1.jpg
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-13-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Retool him - stick him in africa, nice arty hardboiled black and white crime noir, publish it through vertigo for mature readers. Too many of DCs books feel very samey to me at the minute so go all out with a different genre, different art style, different location

They should just have him go the John Wick route but with martial arts instead of guns.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Retool him - stick him in africa, nice arty hardboiled black and white crime noir, publish it through vertigo for mature readers. Too many of DCs books feel very samey to me at the minute so go all out with a different genre, different art style, different location
    I like the idea of having a Bronze Tiger book in black and white.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But apart from his time in the suicide squad, he was never really a protagonist in these stories, and his pre crisis and Suicide Squad Stuff is mostly ignored (and partly retconned) by the later stuff like the 2004 Richard Dragon Series, and his appearance in Batgirl. And his post Flashpoint stuff is again different.
    True, but him not being a protagonist doesn't stop him from still developing stories. Government organizations, heroes and villains can take revenge on him or make a conflict.

As for his continuity that can always be fixed or retooled like how Tim Drake suddenly went back to his old origin. It can be messy but its how you play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Sticking him in Africa could be interesting. Although the name Bronze Tiger would be a bit weird considering there are no tigers in Africa. However, it's not like he's billed as a particularly African hero so I guess it's a small nitpick. If you were to retool and root him in Africa perhaps Bronze Leopard would be more appropriate. Substract a couple stripes, throw a spot or two on him, and voala. Then again, making him a leopard and setting him in Africa would also make Black Panther companions more obvious.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Sticking him in Africa could be interesting. Although the name Bronze Tiger would be a bit weird considering there are no tigers in Africa. However, it's not like he's billed as a particularly African hero so I guess it's a small nitpick. If you were to retool and root him in Africa perhaps Bronze Leopard would be more appropriate. Substract a couple stripes, throw a spot or two on him, and voala. Then again, making him a leopard and setting him in Africa would also make Black Panther companions more obvious.
    Maybe set him in India, which would give him a unique backdrop.

Extraordinary Member

True, but him not being a protagonist doesn't stop him from still developing stories.
    But iirc he didn't really develop any stories post suicide squad.
    And the Suicide Squad stuff is not really canon anymore, and I doubt that they could bring that back easily since it isn't really in line with the current version of the suicide squad.
    So in my Opinion you don't have much toys to play with.

You have at the moment his connection with the League of Assassins, but that's hardly something special, and with Deathstroke and Batman.

As for his continuity that can always be fixed or retooled like how Tim Drake suddenly went back to his old origin. It can be messy but its how you play with it.
    I case of Tim they only had to change the way how he mat Batman, thats imo not a big deal. Bringing Bronze Tigers original history (his appearances up untill roughly the late 90s) back, would be way messier.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-13-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    He could still be an American but say he was paid by ecological group to investigate environmental damage by oil industry in africa - however when he gets there he finds himself in a web where everyone is using him for their own ends including ecology group. Decides he's not going home, man caught between two worlds ends up investigating narco states, warlords, arms trade, human trafficking, un peacekeeping corruption etc etc. Or i may just have retold the plot of shaft in africa here....

Either way there is a character that you can do a lot with.