Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Since when does Mystique have Taskmaster's powers?
    Mystique is one of the pet characters, thanks to Lawrence & Rebecca. Her powers work whichever way plot can have her come out on top.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Since when does Mystique have Taskmaster's powers?
    she doesn't, but she shouldnt be far away in fighting skill from Betsy, and her shapeshifting gives her a big advantage. She is also hard to mind control because she can change her brain constantly. Psylocke should generally beat her by blasting her with telekinesis like Exodus or Jean would do, but I don't know what powers Kwannon actually has.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Yana arent friends; they are coworkers
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ok, to be honest my headcanon of their relationship was Bendis work and they seemed close there.
    But if this run established that they aren't it is good to have things clear.
    Thank you.
    It's not your headcanon, on Bendis run it was clear they were friends- Rosenberg just decided to ignore almost literally everything that happened in the last decades or so, because doesn't fit.his nostalgia trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's not your headcanon, on Bendis run it was clear they were friends- Rosenberg just decided to ignore almost literally everything that happened in the last decades or so, because doesn't fit.his nostalgia trip.
    and she hated him throughout Lemire's run which was her last opinion of him before this run. Rosenberg isnt ignoring anything. She's closest to the NMs which makes sense to me. She and Scott have a decent enough relationship and I dont see anything out of character for it here

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, he at least threw some tiny breadcrumbs to the fans of that friendship this issue. The rest were swept into the wind. That's probably as far as it will ever go, Scott will never have any actual friends it seems, just terrible love drama.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

I dropped this two months ago - Chamber's dead too?!? And my man Sunspot?? And Silver Age OG Vanisher?? Bad enough Rahne, Guido, and Blindfold got it... hearing all this makes me think they'll all return. I have a feeling Hickman likes Chamber a lot, since he's talked a lot about his love for Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I could really see JDW and Rosenberg leaving Wolfsbane, Chamber, Loa, Blindfold, Strong Guy, Vanisher, and Velocidad dead for “cleaning house” purposes. But leaving Sunspot dead + the fact that Hickman likes his casts BIG makes it pretty clear this is gonna be reversed. But then again, PARANOIA.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

and she hated him throughout Lemire's run which was her last opinion of him before this run. Rosenberg isnt ignoring anything. She's closest to the NMs which makes sense to me. She and Scott have a decent enough relationship and I dont see anything out of character for it here
    First of all, she "hated" him for stuff Emma did, and second, Lemire himself ignored what he wrote since he and Soule had Illyana working with "Scott" to the end and without much problems with what he was doing. If Lemire himself ignores what he wrote in EXM, you really think Rosenberg is taking into consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    I dropped this two months ago - Chamber's dead too?!? And my man Sunspot?? And Silver Age OG Vanisher?? Bad enough Rahne, Guido, and Blindfold got it... hearing all this makes me think they'll all return. I have a feeling Hickman likes Chamber a lot, since he's talked a lot about his love for Generation X.
    yeah :——(

And JDW really likes Velocidad. I just don’t see how it’ll happen unless there’s gonna be major changes to the timeline via Rachel or X-Man or Elixir does an en masse resurrection while k wording General Dan Didio and his nameless fodder army.

BANNED

She isn't close to the New Mutants at all anymore after Wells' run. Moonstar believed she was a fake. Karma was used and abused by her. Rahne didn't even like the original Magik.

Lemire's run itself is contradicted by DoX where Magik worked with Cyclops all the way until the end. And Rosenberg never referenced the little girl living inside Magik's soulsword either, so he probably didn't read it. He probably didn't read Bendis' run either though, as Omega Alpha said (despite them being friends irl).

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    But anyway, my point is that there are some things in play right now.

Also, what is Emma's big idea to make the X-Men redundant, it's not to cure everyone that's for sure, so did she already have her own cure reversal on the way that is perhaps not deadly like Dark Beast's version of it and she was intending to release it to restore the powers of everyone cured along with the powers of anyone who has latent abilities or a recessive X-gene. It's obvious Emma is not working with Dark Beast and Sinister, so she has some plan she has been working on. She was hoping to keep Scott and the New Mutants safe until she could bring down her counterstroke on Callahan. Emma's problem is that she has been working from a constant state of desperation for months so it's hard to say if her plans were even going to work when she had Callahan and the O.N.E. breathing down her neck the entire time.
    Yes, Emma still has some cards to play, or at least she should have, otherwise her whole arc here would be a big waste of panel space.

She likely still has Sinister locked up, as it seems that Mystique disguised as a ONE soldier took him away there at the end. No point to that sequence otherwise. Of course, she seemed surprised that Sinister was caught so her plans might not (fully) depend on him either. Could be Sinister noticed someone else manipulating the X-Men and got himself caught to lure them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anyone would say that if the X-men are five minutes without a telepath and they end up screwed the Avengers should have died decades ago.
    Difference is that telepathy has been an integral part of X-Men stories from the beginning, while not so much over in the Avengers-verse.

BANNED

I really like issue 11 and 12 but since then this run has been utter utter garbage

This is terrible stuff and killing for the sake of being edgy.

I can't wait for this to be over as the end of the darkest period in X-Men history for decades

I hope 22 ends with everyone alive again because he's killed off so many useful characters.

This is going to be remembered as a new Chuck Austen.

Agreed. This panel with Illyana and Scott sitting at the bar alone after the funeral was enough for me. You don't sit and drink with someone like that if you aren't friendly. One would think Alex would have been sitting with Scott but it was Illyana and that told a whole story by itself, IMO. I don't really need everything spelled out.

Uncanny-X-Men-17-spoilers-8.jpg
    Last edited by JB; 06-20-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This is going to be remembered as a new Chuck Austen.
    No it is not the boards/forum are exaggeration of reality. The book isn't as bad as people complaining make it sound. For all deaths that happen,None of people would be projected to get any significant time in upcoming books the last book could do everything but I would bet money that none of those characters would get any real panel time in future books. This is just average X-men run where the writer used smoke and mirrors of C and D list characters dying as gimmick and it didn't quite connect with people. This run won't be remembered it is not good or bad enough to matter. And Hickman stuff being good will clean make people forget what came before it if it is as good as they are saying it is.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-20-2019 at 03:57 AM.