Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    If you are suggesting that they are shoehorning in one piece of nostalgia to replace another, then I don't disagree with you. But they should be trying to tell a story not fill up a convention schedule. They might as well just cast George Lucas into the film at that point.
    If their story calls for a Rebel leader from the old guard, well, Lando fits the bill not as well as Leia did, but he was still a general. Better Lando than Admiral Neverheardofyou.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Some guy from the previous trilogy is putting in an appearance? What are the chances he survives the film? I'm currently thinking less than 10%. Which might be generous.
    I say less than 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Can't wait to see how they are going to turn him into a sad loser and then kill him like the rest of his (late) pals.
    See this is what I'm worried about. The constant deconstruction without a good reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    See this is what I'm worried about. The constant deconstruction without a good reconstruction.
    I hear ya.

I don't like linking youtube video much, cause i kinda hate youtube lol, but this video is pretty interesting i think.

Most interesting for me is what they say about how clever the deconstruction could have been if not so poorly handed in last part of the movie. Like, they spend the whole movie having a Luke cosplayer crying about how much the jedi deserved their fate and how badly the order needs to end just to have him around the end saying "i'm not the last jedi".

Come the freaking on.

But even you sequels lovers should give that video a try, it's fair and well made. (no, i'm not paid to say all that lol)
    Last edited by Starter Set; 07-10-2018 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Luke got an awesome reconstruction.

He walked out there, faced down the entire First Order on his own, with just a laser sword, saved the resistance, and reignited the spark of hope.

Y'know, given that Nien Nunb has also returned in the last two films as a sort of background character (and also as part of Poe's squadron) maybe we'll get a bit of a ROTJ reunion. Too bad Denis Lawson has no interest whatsoever in bringing Wedge back.

It was largely Lando's tactics that pretty much won the ROTJ space battle as well, by engaging the Destroyers so that the Death Star would be a bit more hesitant about firing on their own forces (Something that's actually shown in the film's deleted scenes, although in a different context; Palpatine orders for the moon to be destroyed entirely should the shield generator fail; but the Moff is hesitant due to the Imperial troops still on the planet)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If their story calls for a Rebel leader from the old guard, well, Lando fits the bill not as well as Leia did, but he was still a general. Better Lando than Admiral Neverheardofyou.
    Not really in my eyes. It's not like my (lack of) enjoyment of the Last Jedi would have been improved if it was Lando instead of Holdo. But to teach their own.

The problem is that, for the overwhelming majority who don't read EU stuff, Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, 3P0, R2, Obi Wan and Lando are Star Wars. Obviously, they have to have new characters to carry on the legacy but they have to have familiar characters (and actors) for as long as possible to get people coming to the movies and getting familiar with those new characters. So with Han killed off and Carrie Fisher having passed away, Williams was just about the only one left that they haven't already brought in.
    Power with Girl is better.

I really don't think they'll kill Lando.

And I'm pretty sure Force Ghost Luke will redeem his legacy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Don't do it Billy Dee it's a trap! They only want to kill you off.
    Hail Hydra!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As long as they don't make Finn Lando's stolen son, I don't see a problem with it if his role contributes to the story

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Luke got an awesome reconstruction.

He walked out there, faced down the entire First Order on his own, with just a laser sword, saved the resistance, and reignited the spark of hope.
    Matter of opinion. I honestly don't feel the reconstruction matches the deconstruction. Sure the scene is awesome but it doesn't mean that it matches the deconstruction.

I'd be happy if Lando came back. I have been wondering what he was doing during the past couple movies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)