Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wolverine's last hurrah in Logan is probably up there. Been waiting a long time to get to see him cut loose on screen and I was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Wolverine's last hurrah in Logan is probably up there. Been waiting a long time to get to see him cut loose on screen and I was not disappointed.
    I'm hoping when we get a younger actor they give him some R rated violence but stand out choreography. Logans action was cool seeing him cut loose but I don't recall any scenes where I was blown away by that actual fighting. The last fight was more letting a roided out Wolverine go ape shits through the woods till it wore off. And then the first fight had some many quick cuts it was hard to follow. Both were done well but iono the actual fight choreography wasnt blowing me away. I just want a scene like Punishers prison fight in DD s2. Alot of long shots and very well choreographed. Imagine if Bernthal was Wolverine in that scene instead. So many more possibilities

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I still hold CA:TWS traffic overpass fight as the gold standard, with the CA:CWS assault on the Lemurian Star as a close runner up.
    Agreed. Cap clearing the deck of the Lemurian Star is such a great action beat for that film, really sets up Cap as a force in a way that The First Avenger never managed.

But Cap vs WS, Round 1, which capped off the overpass sequence, is easily my favorite MCU fight scene. Brutal, well choreographed, and beautifully shot.

Honestly, CA:TWS is just an action powerhouse. You also have the elevator sequence, and the Falcon portions of the climax, both of which could go on this list as well. I was only really let down by the final Cap vs. WS battle, and that's because they went for more of the emotional climax than the action one there. The film is probably better for it, but I would have loved to see those two really let loose on each other again.

Astonishing Member

The Daredevil fight in season 1, I believe episode 2, where he fights some thugs on a floor. Very realistic fight with almost no camera cuts

Not the best fight, but coming from Ant-Man and the Wasp, it's nice to see heroes fighting an opponent with a completely different powerset. Especially in the MCU.

P.S. Between Civil War and now this movie, Scott Lang has bad luck when it comes to fighting people who can phase right through him.

Incredible Member

spiderman vs doc oc from spiderman 2

Doctor Strange vs Thanos from infinity war

Midoriya vs Muscular from my hero academia

Midoriya vs Todoroki from my hero academia

Endeavor vs Nomu from my hero academia

notice a trend guys? All you people who ignore that show, do so at your peril and psychological impoverishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    spiderman vs doc oc from spiderman 2

Doctor Strange vs Thanos from infinity war

Midoriya vs Muscular from my hero academia

Midoriya vs Todoroki from my hero academia

Endeavor vs Nomu from my hero academia

notice a trend guys? All you people who ignore that show, do so at your peril and psychological impoverishment.
    Dont know what that show is and Spiderman vs doc Ock looks good. But why the hell doesnt Doc Ock get Ko'd with a single hit? Havent seen it in awhile but iirc Spidey hits him in the chin with a haymaker. He should had CTE and been asleep. Still looks amazing especially for the time. I guess u can say he didnt wanna hurt Doc Ock but dude was risking his aunts life dient make much sense to give him a tap on the jaw when you can easily KO him with 25% punch. Turn his brain to jelly with a Haymaker.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-11-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but seriously? That was one of the silliest things i've ever seen. To each their own I guess.

Cap and Bucky is the standard to which all other superhero movies should be judged against.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dont know what that shown is and Spiderman vs doc Ock looks good. But why the hell doesnt Doc Ock get Ko'd with a single hit? Havent seen it in awhile but iirc Spidey hits him in the chin with a haymaker. He should had CTE and been asleep. Still looks amazing especially for the time. I guess u can say he didnt wanna hurt Doc Ock but dude was risking his aunts life dient make much sense to give him a tap on the jaw when you can easily KO him with 25% punch. Turn his brain to jelly with a Haymaker.
    Agreed. If they'd had Doc keeping Spidey at bay, maybe.

That movie is really great on surface but when u dig deeper alot of stuff doesnt Make sense. Still well acted and made but alot of Logic gaps

Incredible Member

I'm hoping when we get a younger actor they give him some R rated violence but stand out choreography. Logans action was cool seeing him cut loose but I don't recall any scenes where I was blown away by that actual fighting. The last fight was more letting a roided out Wolverine go ape shits through the woods till it wore off. And then the first fight had some many quick cuts it was hard to follow. Both were done well but iono the actual fight choreography wasnt blowing me away. I just want a scene like Punishers prison fight in DD s2. Alot of long shots and very well choreographed. Imagine if Bernthal was Wolverine in that scene instead. So many more possibilities
    I agree, but if I go into detail I'll get in trouble for being too anti wolverine as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I agree, but if I go into detail I'll get in trouble for being too anti wolverine as a character.
    I like Wolverine as a character his fight choreography on film has just been ****. Logan and the Wolverine tried and was better then what we got prior but it be cool if there was intricate choreography rather then just quick cuts and him lunging at peoplle

Fantastic Member

That movie is really great on surface but when u dig deeper alot of stuff doesnt Make sense. Still well acted and made but alot of Logic gaps
    What's the reason that doc ock doesn't get knocked out in the comics? Spidey has always been super stronger than him

I have to agree. I remember reading that the fight choreography in Logan was on the level of Winter Soldier, and when I actually saw the movie, I was like, "Where?"

There's some good fights in Logan(the first X-23 fight is the best imo), but overall, nothing is mind-blowing. I think it's just that the fight choreography in X-Men movies have been so crap that Logan's look really really good in comparison.

Dont know what that show is and Spiderman vs doc Ock looks good. But why the hell doesnt Doc Ock get Ko'd with a single hit? Havent seen it in awhile but iirc Spidey hits him in the chin with a haymaker. He should had CTE and been asleep. Still looks amazing especially for the time. I guess u can say he didnt wanna hurt Doc Ock but dude was risking his aunts life dient make much sense to give him a tap on the jaw when you can easily KO him with 25% punch. Turn his brain to jelly with a Haymaker.
    Yes, that's a big logic gap in SM2. But the fight is still absolutely stunning even by today's standards.